** EH3 9DP Western Bar, Edinburgh

Strip pubs and clubs in the Central belt
stan.stan
Can I have some £1 coins please?

** EH3 9DP Western Bar, Edinburgh

Post by stan.stan »

157 – 159 West Port, Edinburgh EH3 9DP

Telephone: 0131 229 7983

Spent an hour here on 1 Sept 2011 - 3-4pm.
It was an hour well spent.
£5 per record in a private booth - so £10 to get the dancer naked.
Robyn from Glasgow - tall, slim, A cup but great nipples.
Eva from Edinburgh - Collen Rooney look a like but prettier - excellent.
Nakita from Estonia - blonde, very eye catching and quite the contortionist, brilliant.

All the girls were very friendly and were very good.

Well run bar

It's a very small bar and with only 4 private booths I had to queue! Well worth it though.
Scallywag
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: ** EH3 9DP Western Bar, Edinburgh

Post by Scallywag »

Agreed - went in there last year while I was in Edinburgh for the festival. Friendly girls, had to queue for a dance and this was around 4.30 on a Monday afternoon!

Well worth a visit.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Popped in here a couple of times again when I was in Edinburgh for the Festival.

The pub is very small. You enter in one corner, with a bar taking up about half the right hand wall, 4 cubicles for private lap dances next to the bar, and a stage at the end of the room. The toilets are downstairs, with the steps just in front of the stage! I think this is the only strip pub in Edinburgh open in the afternoons (certainly on Sunday / Monday)

There is no jug collection or entry fee, the girls income is purely from private dances (£5 per dance Mon-Thurs, £10 Fri-Sun). Every 10 minutes or so a girl goes on stage and dances for 2 records, the girl keeps her clothes on for the first then goes topless for the second.

My first visit was about 7pm on the Sunday. I must have arrived just at shift change as there seemed to be no girls around for 15 minutes or so but eventually the first stage show began. There were 6 girls on, I had 2 private (lap) dances which were good value, lasting one record each. Girls were friendly and a good laugh, a mixture of Scots and Eastern Europeans (apparently just one or 2 brazilian girls work there, unlike London!)

I went in again for a quick pint around 4pm on Monday, but the selection of girls was more variable, and the only girls I fancied a private dance with seemed busy talking to regulars. Even at £5 there were a few girls I didn't fancy a dance with!

A nice pub, I suppose the closest I can compare it to in London is the Nags Head, before it tried to become a Gentlemans Club!
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Was in Edinburgh for the festival a couple of weeks ago and set aside a few hours to visit the Edinburgh strip scene.

The Western Bar hasn't changed very much since last year, if at all. It is the only strip pub open in the afternoons (The other 2 venues which are literally across the road don't open until 7pm) and is free admission before 7pm, with Private Dances £5 for one record Sunday - Thursday and £10 Friday & Saturday. Again dancers are a mixture of either Scottish or, more commonly, Romanian. Unlike London, there are very few Brazilian dancers!

I arrived about 5pm on a Monday and stayed until around 7.30pm, with a shift change at 7pm. I had 3 Private (Lap) Dances which were very good value for £5. The first shift contained 5 girls with 7 I think on the second shift. I must admit the selection of girls was quite variable, as last year there were a few girls I didn't even want to have a £5 lap dance with!

Unlike some of the Shoreditch pubs, I did find the bar staff friendly and welcoming.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Popped in last week when I was in Edinburgh for the Festival. Nothing seems to have changed really since last year, same prices, layout and number of dancers on each shift.

I arrived about 5pm on a Monday again but didn't stay for long as the first shift were not to my taste, even for £5 PDs!

I returned just before 7pm for the shift change. This was better, and I had 3 PDs in the hour I was there. Slightly different mix to last year, primarily Romanian girls with one or two Scottish / Brazilian girls.
harryflowers
Shoreditch is my second home

Post by harryflowers »

A rare night in Edinburgh for me, so couldn't resist checking out the local strip scene. Scallawag has it right. I called in at 10pm, the tax on the door was £4.00. It's a tiny venue, second only to Southend's Cornucopia. Don't come here expecting London or Essex stage (or walkabout) strip 'coz you ain't gonna get it. There's a tiny, aloft stage but strip happens every 20 minutes or so and even then is topless only. The real action happens in the booths. And very good it is too. I had three dances whilst I was here. £5 gets you a nice one-song full strip, proper lapdance. £10 gets you a more of thé same. If you like your dancer and strike up a rapport it's worth the go. My dancer of choice to finish thé night was 'Sapphire' an anglo-indian angel from Brum, absolutely sublime. My only gripe about this place world be thé fréquency of thé stage dances and thé poor lighting in the booths. But you know what? My only regret is that there isn't a similar venue in Shoreditch. Next time I'm here l'll certainly call again.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

During my trip to Edinburgh last week I set aside one evening for a visit to a couple of strip venues. The Western Bar hasn't changed since my last trip 2 years ago, charges are the same as my last review. Unlike the London venues, the girls don't tend to ask for dances, so you need to take the bull by the horns.

I arrived about 6.30pm to see the last of the first shift before changeover at 7pm. The mix of girls is somewhat variable, unsurprisingly given the low prices, though one or 2 of the 6 on the shift did catch my eye and I managed to get a dance with one. The private dance area is pretty busy here so a wait is not unusual. There was a mix of Scottish and Eastern European dancers

For me, the 2nd shift was less eye catching than the 1st, with only 1 girl I fancied a dance with. As it was quiet, I approached the dancer and we ended up chatting for an hour for the price of a couple of drinks before going for a 2 song private dance at £10. So far more laid back to the Shoreditch venues!
pleasure_seeker

Post by pleasure_seeker »

Probably my favourite of the Edinburgh strip venues I’ve visited. Small and pub-like. As others have said, dancers friendly and prepared to chat for a good while especially on the daytime shift when it is quiet. Quality of girls was variable –a range of shapes, sizes, ages; one or two might struggle to find work elsewhere, but some very attractive indeed. The private dances are good value. The 4 booths were very often busy with lots of turnover and sometimes queues forming.

The place is open from 4pm in the week and from midday on Friday and Saturday.
pleasure_seeker

On a recent visit here a dancer asked whether I wanted to spend time in the VIP area.

Given the tiny size of the place I assumed at first that she was joking but another dancer confirmed that there is indeed a VIP area.

It is, I believe, downstairs near the gents toilet.

Didn't try it myself, but price is £60 per 15 minutes (coincidentally the same as at Foresters in Southend).
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Interesting, a pity really as I recall some of the girls there have been quite happy to chat for the price of a drink or 2 (plus a dance but that's hardly a hardship!). Has that changed now?

Have the prices for admission / PDs increased?

I am in Edinburgh in a couple of weeks so may check the bar out again if I get the chance.
pleasure_seeker

Don’t worry Scallywag – nothing much has changed. Only one dancer mentioned the VIP area, otherwise I would not have been aware of it at all.

I had PDs with American Erin, English Louise, Bulgarian Jasmine and Panamanian Adriana. All were friendly and willing to chat for a while. Some other girls just asked for a private dance without prelim chat but I tend to turn those down – here as in other places. Jasmine also works behind the bar occasionally on days when she doesn’t have a dance shift.

Prices still the same as before. So PDs still remarkably cheap at £5 off-peak and £10 peak times (Fri and Sat night).
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Thanks, I may give it a go next week if time allows, and will of course report back with my findings.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I have just realised I didn't report back on my trip to the Western Bar in early August!

Yes the bar hasn't changed a bit, still the same cheap PDs and friendly girls. You would never know the VIP area existed! I went along about 5 on a Monday afternoon and ended up only having one private dance in a couple of hours - one of those sessions where the girls I wanted a dance with always seemed to be busy with regulars - but I was also chatting to Tania, who I had seen there the previous year. She remembered me too but I didn't manage to get a dance with her as she was pretty busy with regulars!

I decided to pop in again on the Tuesday afternoon as I was passing by on the way to the EICC and ended up having a couple of PDs this time, including one with the lovely Tania.

As ever, this place is recommended!
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Spent an evening here in August while in Edinburgh for the Fringe.

Am pleased to say the pub is still the same, £5 PDs on Mon-Thurs (I think, possibly Sunday too) and friendly girls. If anything the standard of girls working here has improved, a few could easily be employed at Browns. A mix of local girls and ones from further afield.

I tend to remember one of the girls telling me the pub was closing for a few days at some point for works to be carried out in the toilets - take note Ye Olde Axe!!
martinash

Post by martinash »

Scallywag wrote: I tend to remember one of the girls telling me the pub was closing for a few days at some point for works to be carried out in the toilets - take note Ye Olde Axe!!
Excuse me! The hand dryer is now fully functional, there was even some soap in there on Monday. You will be wanting a bolt on the cubicle next, Tom's not made of money you know. 8)
I should have left 3 hours ago!
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I agree, I do expect too much! I guess the Axe's low beer prices we can't expect too much! :D
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Has anyone been here recently?

I went in for a pint last August during the Fringe and found it very very quiet compared to previously. Just 3 dancers and 3 customers, so nothing going on. Dances had gone up to £10 (tbf the £5 couldn't go on for ever) but the dead atmosphere didn't make me want to stay.