?? B1 2HF Spearmint Rhino (was Rocket), Birmingham

Strip pubs and clubs in West Midlands County, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire.
zante
Site Admin

?? B1 2HF Spearmint Rhino (was Rocket), Birmingham

Post by zante »

The Rocket Club
Address: 258 Broad Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 2HF.
Phone: 0121 643 4525
Website
Admission: Entry £7 before 11pm and £12 after.
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday, 7pm to late. Friday 7pm to 4am. Saturday 4pm to 4am.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Kicking up a storm at the Tory Conference! Link here :D
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Steel14
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Re: ** B1 2HF Rocket, Birmingham

Post by Steel14 »

Last Saturday I spent the evening in Birmingham in a hotel adjacent to the ICC. As that happens to be just around the corner from the Rocket club I decided to call in. By the time I got there it was around 10:30pm, and the club was fairly quiet despite Broad Street itself being very busy at that time. There was about 3 other groups of customers in the main room. I wasn't charged anything on the door.

The main bar area has a pole which was used but occasionally rather than regularly throughout the evening. There were probably around 10-12 ladies that I saw working, all pretty easy on the eye.

Standard dances cost £20, the ladies will no doubt encourage you to go for a double at £40 which certainly is better but means it would be very easy to spend a considerable amount of money in the club. No cash changes hands with the ladies though, you have to buy a dance token from the bar which the ladies take and then give to a supervisor when you go to the private dance areas.

I spent my time mostly in the company of two ladies, Toyah and Ella, who were both very pleasant to talk to as well as being entertaining as dancers and whilst they did of course encourage me to go for dances they were also happy to sit and chat for a while as we had a drink, I didn't feel overly pressured.

Overall I would say the dances could be expensive, they needed more staff on the bar as it got busier (particularly with having to wait there before going for a dance or a drink), and the standard dances were pretty short, but the general décor in the place is decent, the drinks were certainly not cheap but not as eye-wateringly expensive as some such clubs, and the ladies were both attractive and friendly. I enjoyed my time there, and would return but I'm not in a great rush to do so.
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Rocket club wins new licence despite secrecy fears (Birmingham Live, 15/03/18)

'Sarah Clover, barrister for the Rocket Club, said: "This is not an unusual situation the holding of a licence in one company name but for the company to trade and for the finances to go through another name and the key reason why that is done in the SEV (Sexual Enterntainment Venue) industry is for discretion.

"Obviously if someone uses a credit card inside the club and they receive a receipt or it shows up later on their credit card statement then many customers would prefer to have an anonymous company name, and in this case that anonymous company name is Berkley Leisure Ltd. that is what shows up on a til receipt, rather than the Rocket Club Gentlemen's Club Entertainment which tells a story."

Regarding the objector
[to the renewal of the SEV licence] Ms Clover added: "We don't know who it is, this is the first time this has happened. We assume it is a trade rival but we don't know."'
sinless69uk
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by sinless69uk »

Shocking happening at Rocket Club - allegation of gang rape in September 2021.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... r-21712772

The club reopened but later closed and the bailiffs moved in in November 2022.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats- ... d-25586056

The landlord then applied to get the licence until new tenants move in. This was granted in the hearing this morning. Spearmint Rhino will be the new tenants.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... d-27160533
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Re: B1 2HF Spearmint Rhino (was Rocket), Birmingham

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Thanks for the update, sinless69uk!

Apparently, the decision to suspend the club's SEV licence was overturned pretty quickly:

Rocket Club can open again after alleged rape involving up to four men (Birmingham Mail, 12/10/21)

Birmingham strip club to reopen after report of rape (BBC News, 12/10/21)

Both of the above stories mention the arrest of a single individual; a Google search didn't render any further information about the case.