XX CLOSED ST1 5NA, ST1 Stoke

Closed strip pubs and clubs north of the Watford Gap.
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED ST1 5NA, ST1 Stoke

Post by zante »

ST1, 81 Trinity Street, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5NA
Phone: 01782 260 300 Mobile: 07816 290 628

I've been to a few clubs, but visiting a mate in the town this was my first visit here. It seems kind of small and there were way too many girls for the amount of guys in the club - not a bad thing, except when I get my credit card bill. Seriously, though, it was pretty intimidating to be asked by a different dancer every few minutes.

The decoration is good but because of the layout of the club there is no really great place to sit. Prices for dances are £10 fully nude and the beer is average prices (to me - but I am from London so may be wrong!). There is a DJ but don't expect him to do much as far as I could tell he spent as much time upstairs in the dancers area than he did in his booth (lucky git).

Like all clubs there was something for everyone and ST1 does not let you down in the girlie department. I don't like to sound like a pimp but two girls stood out for me. Natasha is a spikey haired brunete who does a very good dirty dance and definitely left me feeling like I wanted more, without her breaking house rules. Stella is another brunete who is more busty than Natasha but who has the most amazing eyes, if you're a fan of Jenny McCarthy then go see Stella and you won't be disappointed. She obviously practices as she gave me several great dances, which varied everytime and which I think is a nice touch.

In conclusion ST1 is an OK club: it has lots going for it but the layout and the amount of girls working in such a small club lets it down

[Anon, 11th November 2003]

ST1 in Stoke has opened another club about five minutes from the old club, which I understand is staying open. If you need directions ask a local or ask for directions for the Stakis Hotel which is opposite. There is a big pay and display car park next door so parking is easy. Door prices are £10, but its worth going into town and having a walk as the club nearly always has girls giving out promotional tickets, and if you get one its free to get in before 10.

The venue is decorated nicely and looks like money has been spent. The other club has a stage and a pole, but here, the stage is so small, and is by the door. If you're a fan of the free shows clubs put on, you're going to be disapointed, as you cannot see too much unless you're standing almost on the stage.

The beer prices are ok, no more than you would pay in a nightclub. I didn't count how many girls were working, but it was easily 10+, so there was a big enough choice for even the most picky of guys. The private dance area is communal like the other club (one big room), and is on a cash basis with dances being £10.

I don't like to recommend particular girls, as tastes vary, but my favourites were Mel, a blonde, who was so friendly I got smitten, and was glad when she left me alone as I would have spent all my money on her; Louise, a short spikey-haired brunette who, while not "classically good looking", is a great dancer; and Christy, who really gives value for money - I had three dances with her and she varied them every time which I thought was a nice touch.

In conclusion a upgraded version of the old club and definitly worth a visit.

[Anon, 20th April 2003]

ST1, Stoke. The premises are down a side street and are a little on the tatty side compared with say, the Purple Door in Leeds. Dances are 10 quid and take place in a curtained off area at one side of the club. There can be up to 8 girls, and guys, in this area at any one time, so lots of different views to be had!! I had about 10 dances with about 6 different girls, the best being a little blonde with virtually no tits but she was fully shaved and made sure you knew it!!!

I found it best to offer the girls another dance as soon as they had finished so they carried on naked and got a lot raunchier. There were a couple of girls who had driven down from Bolton, one of them Bobby was a real stunner, a little more mature than the others, well worth the visit for her alone. There are tickets available for free entry before 10pm.

[Anon, 16th March 2003]
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Now has a Website offering money off admission etc. Opening times are 9pm to 2 am, except Fri and Sat where it's 2 hours earlier and later.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

New url for this club:

here

Dunno if I've got ChristmasDayitis, but somehow the girls in the gallery don't appeal and I don't think it's my sort of venue. But then I'm counting the days until my regular haunts get back to normal.
TS_Jabroni
Front row perv

Post by TS_Jabroni »

Visited this place recently. I'd say that the above reviews are fairly accurate. Two levels, but it somehow seems fairly difficult to settle. There were about 8 or 9 girls, a good ratio for the number of blokes, but I did feel a little hassled. I realised that the problem is as soon as one girl starts hassling all the others follow suit so that they don't miss out. Very frustrating. Some didn't take the hint that they're not my type.

Having said that the quality of girls was very high, and I had a fair few dances at £20 (I never bother with poxy £10 dances if £20 is on offer - the difference has always been marked in my opinion). All very good value, and very satisfying. The bouncer sits in the corner of the large private dance area, which, although off-putting, isn't as bad as I've seen in other clubs.

Overall, a good club, and I'd definitely go back if I'm ever in Stoke again. Which I don't really plan on being...

RECOMMENDED
Steel14
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Re: ** ST1 5NA, ST1 Stoke

Post by Steel14 »

I called into ST1 in Stoke last Saturday night. Nothing much has changed about the place, except it seems that the opening times on their website are out of date. Where it says they open at 9 on Saturdays it actually wasn't open until 10pm.

When i got there just after 10 there were very few customers in, but probably about 8-10 girls in. I was immediately jumped on by a girl who remembered me from a previous visit, even though that was about two years ago, an eastern European lady known as Ella. Had a chat and drink then a dance upstairs from her. Very enjoyable, conversation is a little limited but ok and she's a good dancer.

After that I spent some time with an English lady called Lauren. She is extremely pretty, good dancer and very friendly and easy to chat with, no pressure for dances from her, just intelligent conversation. I did get the impression, from the conversation not the dancing importantly, that her heart isn't in this job and its not what she wants to do with her life. If that is the case I hope she finds something else as she seemed a lovely lady, but in the mean time her dancing skills were good and I would recommend spending time with her should any of you find yourself in this place.

I also had a dance from one other lady, also eastern European but with better English so better at making conversation. She was obviously good friends with Ella and also a good dancer.

Overall I like the club, it is fairly small but has a good number and selection of ladies, reasonable drinks prices and convenient location close to most of the city centre nightlife. Admittedly if you are able to travel the short distance to Newcastle under Lyme I still probably prefer the more relaxed atmosphere in Lace there, but its good to have the choice and ST1 is an enjoyable place to spend an evening.
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

Seems to be my day for commenting on club names (see the Burke & Hare, Edinburgh thread) but ST1 could be read as STI - an unfortunate set of initials!
Steel14

Post by Steel14 »

It is in Stoke after all...

Sorry i joke but stoke isn't that bad, luckily with ST1 being the city centre postcode most locals will get it, but the first time you get a quick glance at the sign and you do that little double take.
Harry
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by Harry »

Passing by this place (which is incredibly unprepossessing from the outside - looks like a low rent scout hut) at the weekend I noticed a sign on the door. Apparently its having its license reviewed for failing to prevent unruly behaviour.

So it may be numbered
Steel14

Post by Steel14 »

According to the local paper (which is very unreliable) this place has closed after withdrawing it's appeal against the licence revocation. The story says the issues included credit card fraud, drug use and dealing, violence and prostitution.

I think some of the issues have been exaggerated like the record of violence which for its city centre location doesn't sound that bad to me and the prostitution claims which seem to come from CCTV of girls "simulating sex acts" with customers in the VIP area (been in there myself and they might have been simulating and I'm not saying there was no physical contact at all but my trousers stayed done up at all times!), but with the credit card fraud and drug problems they have shot themselves in the foot a bit I think.

Shame to see a local venue closed, there aren't many left around this part of the world.

http://stokesentinel.co.uk/lap-dancing- ... story.html
Victor23
Top Dog

Re: XX CLOSED ST1 5NA, ST1 Stoke

Post by Victor23 »

Victor23
Top Dog

Re: XX CLOSED ST1 5NA, ST1 Stoke

Post by Victor23 »

Still for sale

Now just £100,000. " ... has planning permission for partial demolition, alterations and change of use to ground floor professional services and first floor residential".