** Birmingham archive

Closed strip pubs and clubs north of the Watford Gap.
zante
Site Admin

** Birmingham archive

Post by zante »

From the archives.... this is a general write up about the strip scene in Birmingham. It's time we had some specific reports like the London venues, so if please get writing! (If you need my help just shout)

ooOOoo

Birmingham
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night I found myself in Birmingham again. It is a city I always get lost in and while trying to find the Rocket Club - having enjoyed it so much previously - I stumbled upon Medusa, just down the hill from Demon, near the Birmingham landmark of the Mailbox. It has actually been open less than two months so is still very new. I arrived at around 7.30 and there were no girls around so the guy on the door gave me a free entry pass to come back later - which saved me £10 when I returned after 9.00

A nice entrance - jackets have to be checked in - and off into the main room which is quite dark, with a pole dancing stage in the centre and the usual bench type seating around the walls with chairs beside the stage. There is a bar - which was inhabited by several people smoking so I kept away from there and sat in the main area. There were only three guys in the place and half a dozen or so girls so I quickly found myself in the company of Jasmine from Thailand. Like several of the girls she was ex-Rhino - another had come from Legs 11 - so possibly familiar faces to Birmingham regulars. The club remained quiet all evening, with more punters arriving around midnight - but still not exactly buzzing and only a maximum of a dozen or so girls. Personally I prefer it like that.

Each of the girls took turns pole dancing, one track dressed, one track topless. Some were very good I have to say. The girls wear cocktail dresses up to midnight and then change into short dresses or even bra and pants. The place definitely warms up after the witching hour. The bar staff and waitresses are particularly attractive and friendly young ladies wearing black tee shirts that do not quite reach their very short black mini skirts. Very nice.

As usual the main activity for the evening is private dances. The standard cost is £20 but they have regular two for one sessions - two tracks for the price of one - which is very nice and saves a small fortune! Keep an ear out for the Thunderbirds music! be careful if you pay by credit card though - they charge a whopping 20% surcharge. The quality of the girls ranged from the extremely attractive (Julia I think - a very very accomplished pole dancer) to a particularly small girl wearing the least sexy pair of nickers I have ever seen on a pole dancer - reminded me of Pampers!

Private dances are taken either in a small room - big enough for two dancers - on the ground floor or upstairs in a warren of different - and very dark - seating areas. I tried both and downstairs is better as a bit brighter. Both give a good degree of piivacy. I had dances from four different girls over the evening. All were as up close and personal as any of the clubs I have been to - though all within the rules of course. The first three were very similar in style of dance if not figures - Far Eastern petite to the more curvy - buy still very attractive - Rebecca.

My final dance came after I had watched this particular girl perform on stage (name escapes me). A red head (definitely a wig) with very very long legs, she danced extremely well and came straight over to me after her dance was over. I was the only one sitting by the stage. Hardly had we started talking than a two for one was announced so off we went. This girl just oozed sex. Her dress came off very quickly - thrown to me, as was her thong shortly afterwards. Her fishnet stockings remained in place throughout. This was undoubtedly the sexiest lap dance I have ever had - within the rules again. From the look on her face to her sensuous dancing to her 'in lap' performance she was quite outstanding. And what she couldn't do with her leg between mine doesn't bear repeating. A truly erotic experience.

There are a lot of clubs in Birmingham now - possibly too many - but I hope this one succeeds.

[Peter H, 17th October 2004]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This afternoon I visited two clubs in Birmingham, both new to me. I tried Spearmint Rhino Extreme but found that contrary to what it says on the web site, they now only open from 7.00. So I drove off to their other site on Hagley Road. Being so early it was free to enter but going through the doors I thought I had lost my eye sight! It is really dark in there!

A big room with - in the gloom - curved bench seating to the left with a pole. To the right is the bar - which was at least somewhat brighter, so I could find that. Only one guy sitting at the bar with a young lady dressed in black. The girl behind the bar was quite attractive and nicely dressed - drinks prices seemed OK to me. Another girl appeared and sat with me. So there were just the five of us! My new friend was a short haired blonde - nice but nothing exceptional. She was however very good company and could certainly string sensible sentences together - so we had a nice chat before retiring to the private VIP area behind the bar for a little light relief.

She stripped to the first track and had only just become nude by the time it ended so we carried on for a second. She was very good. Up close and personal. All the girl next door chat before changed and she became very sexy indeed. But it was all over very quickly and I was relieved of my £40.. We had another chat at the bar and I left having enjoyed it but nothing special.

I moved on to the Rocket Club. I was still early so again no entrance fee. I was the only person in the bar at first apart from the very attractive girl behind the bar. More expensive drinks here. And brighter, so I could at least see what I was doing.

A couple of girls came in and I have to say I was glad they preferred to talk to each other rather than come over to me. Not up to standard at all! And one was smoking - a pet hate of mine. Shortly afterwards another couple came in, one looked very nice and she came and sat next to me. She was truly gorgeous. A Czech girl from Prague who had only started at Rocket two weeks before after two months at Legs. Before that she did the same in Prague. Tall and slim with shoulder length dark blonde hair she was very nice to look at and to talk to with no hassle for a dance. But I couldn't resist the temptation.

We moved into the main dance area behind the bar - darker, with chairs and a pole - and from there to a private room curtained off from the main area. You can have dances in the main room if you want but a VIP in a separate room is much cosier. I sat in the centre of the U shaped bench and she began to dance. Her semitransparent dress came off very quickly revealing very brief pants and a lovely diamond in her navel. I don't usually like these but on her is was really nice.

Then the pants came off revealing her Brazilian. this was one beautiful girl. She danced divinely - close and seductive. This was the best dance I had ever had at any club simply because she was so nice personally and so stunningly beautiful. There was no rush and she danced from the middle of one tune to the end of the next so longer than at Spearmint.

We returned to the bar and then had a repeat dance - perhaps even better than the first time around. £40 much better spent than at Spearmint I have to say. I left knowing that if we went around again I would not be able to contain myself. Definitely worth a repeat visit - and some of the girls who came into the bar during this period were also very attractive. So well worth a visit to the Rocket.

[Peter H, 9th October 2004]

Ye Olde Queens Head,
Birmingham Street,
Halesowen
Tel 0121 585 8228

This pub is advertising topless barmaids on Thursday nights: admission £2. On the night I visited there was only one topless barmaid "Mandy" and 2 fully clothed barmaids but the barmaid doubled as a table dancer. Not a bad £2 worth.

[Mark S, 5th June 2004]

JD's bar on Three Shires Oak Road, Bearwood, Birmingham (nr junction with Bearwood Road) has two topless barmaids on Thursday nights on Thursday nights 8.30 pm to 10.30pm. They are pictured (fully clothed) on the bar's website [Tel: 0121 420 4298] This has been running for about 3 years - not worth a long journey but very popular with locals.

[Mark S, 29th February 2004]

Visited tail-end of June 03. Having sampled a few of the local clubs a long time ago - Legs seems to have been left behind a little, and more recently Sensations, which is very good if you like your clubs a little darker and seedier (ask for Morgan - you won't regret it).

Anyway, Spearmint Rhino Extreme. WOW, a fantastic looking venue. The true definition of a 'gentleman's club' sweeping staircases, a central pole and stage area (with requisite tipping bar) and 3 mini stages around and above. All stages are occupied at all times, and the girls are very very attractive.

Private dances are full nude and very interactive £20. For these you are taken upstairs and all the girls are checked in and out (not a bad job for the fella up there with the sheet. Best dance I had all night was from a stunning tall blonde lass, hails from Derbyshire but have forgotten the name.

Now, I have been to the aforementioned clubs in Birmingham, Conrad's in Notts and also Ye Olde Axe, Spreadeagle, Browns and another who's name escapes me - gents, this was the best lap dance I have ever had. Unfortunately after she had relieved me of my money I didn't get the chance to sample the delights of Holly, who left my friend looking shell shocked.

If you haven't been yet.......check it out

[Paul S, 15th July 2003]

Legs 'n' Co. Just want to say, my friends and I went there recently on my mate's stag do, and we had a fantastic time. Even though it was only late afternoon/early evening time on a Saturday there was an impressive number of girls around most of who were really attractive with a few absolute stunners. :-) The atmosphere was very relaxed, as were the girls - even when they came up to persuade you into a dance there was no hard sell routine, if you politely declined the girls were very relaxed about it (not that my friends and i declined a lot! :-))

As I said. there were a number of very attractive girls, with very mixed nationalities to cater for everyone's taste, and nearly all were very friendly. We all had a great time and my breath and heart was stolen by one of the most attractive girls I have ever laid eyes upon, who not only was amazingly beautiful but intelligent, charming, friendly, and while she's dancing for you, makes you feel the most important person alive for these few minutes. I won't give her name away but all i will say is she was a real starr... :-)

[Rajinder, 13th May 2003]

Visiting Birmingham for a couple of day on business gave me a splendid opportunity to try our the Birmingham Clubs. Armed with Trash City club locations I hit the town. The first thing to say about Birmingham clubs is that their appears to be some misunderstanding in the dialect and that a lap dance does mean almost literally that...

I started at LEGS11. It was Monday night and only 10.00 and naturally quite slow. The girls were 9 and 9*, the dancing amazing and a place I would like to return to on a busier night. I imagine it would be buzzing! The night was still young so I elected to set off in a taxi to Sensations in Moseley Road. Again a bit quiet, but I spent some hours with a delightful blonde whose dancing was more than anyone would hope for! The club appears very well run with very happy staff all round. The girls were good fun all night and even I lasted to 2.00 am. (and so did my budget) Special dances were £20.00 but worth every penny. Jodey is a star!!!

All I need now is an excuse to visit Birmingham again !! I have yet to look at Spearming Rhino Extreme! I imagine very expensive. You've got to try Birmingham!!

[Longfellow B, 19th November 2002]

Rocket Club
Address: 258 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2HF.
Telephone: ?
Opening hours: ?
Admission charge: £10 (but I was given a £5 off voucher)
Layout: Quiet bar at front. Main room with stage etc at back of premises. Stage with poles, seating on three sides.
Dances: On stage topless. Table dances in the main room (£10) or lap dances in alcoves (£20). The alcoves have semi-transaprent curtains, and some are more out of the general gaze than others. Good atmosphere and not too much hustle.

Club Demon
Address: 89 Holloway Head, Birmingham, B1 1UH. Just up the hill from Holloway Circus - ten minute's walk from New Street Station.
Telephone: 0121-666 7004; Fax: 0121-248 8810
Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 8pm-3am, closed Sunday
Admission charge: Free before 10pm, £10 thereafter
Layout: two rooms: first has bar, sofas, with stage with pole; second room similar but just used for private dances.
Dances: stage used only from time to time; the main point of the venue is the lap dances, which are very up close and personal (£20). Raunchy, but could be expensive as there is not much else to do than have PDs, and the girls hustled for dances quite a lot.

[Mike A, 12th June 2002]

Birmingham's Kitten Club looks very dead, however Club Demon and The Rocket Club seem to be thriving. Rocket Club are still occasionally putting on jazz evenings (the venue used to be Ronnie Scotts) and they are honouring some of the existing musical commitments. Of the two, Demon is more raunchy and up-close, but Rocket had some of the nicest and friendliest girls, with a fantastic technique. You can have a good conversation and a flirt with most of them, and I get the feeling they enjoy what they do a lot.

The burgeoning scene means that some clubs are falling by the wayside but conversations I've had with the girls and the barstaff lead me to deduce that demand is rising on the whole, so clubs are generally getting better at what the punters want. Legs XI is the least impressive I've tried so far: long-distance and the knickers stay half way down at the most. Club Demon did have a limo service but the latest I've heard is that the car is out of action. Damage to the suspension perhaps?

[Syd, 8th May 2002]

Sensations is about 1½ miles from the City Centre on the main road to Evesham, Moseley Road. There is on-street parking nearby but if you're not in your own vehicle a taxi is recommended. Because of the excess of neon signs outside, the club is very easy to spot. These are large premises compared with Club Demon and were once apparently a social club of some sort. Entrance fee is £10 and drinks are on the expensive side. There is a central catwalk with pole where the girls (up to 20 on duty at any one time) perform in rotation. There is seating round this and you are invited to tip your favourite girls in an appropriate way - very Spearmint-Rhino like.

As usual the main source of income is personal dances which cost £10 each and are in curtained off areas and not booths as suggested elsewhere. A cash machine in the bar area ensures that a ready supply of tenners is available. Because of its size, Sensations lacks the immediacy and intimacy of the Demon and some of the dancers seemed more inclined to talk amongst themselves than to customers. Neverthless after a slow start there was plenty of trade for dances which are of the same "in the lap" standard as the city centre establishment.

[Mega, 1st April 2002]

Club Demon is one of eleven lap-dancing venues in Birmingham - the sector is now expanding here at a huge rate (there were only seven some 6 months ago). Their new web-site is at http://www.clubdemon.co.uk. Venue is Holloway Head about ten minutes walk from the City Centre. The club is nominally members-only but apart from purchasing on-line membership for £40, admission is £10 for temporary membership. There are certainly plenty of dancers in attendance, at least 20 on the busy evening I dropped in and they are announced for regular appearances on the podium. However the main business is in Personal Dances which take place in a separate VIP lounge - a one record dance is £10. Unlike Legs XI which I reported on recently, the dances are "lap dances" where the girls grind in your groin so to speak. Recommended unreservedly.

[Mega, 23rd March 2002]

On recent trips to Birmingham, I have now tried out 2 of the many clubs there. Both of which I have not seen mentioned on your webiste.

The first one that I visited was a club called ZigZags in the Fiveways area of the city. This club charged me £10 to get in then the dances were at least £10. I was not impressed with the lighting in the club but at least you could watch other people's dances whilst you had a pint at the bar. I didn't feel that you got much for your money at this club. The no touching rule is strictly enforced here.

The other one that I have been to in the city so far is a new place called "Demon". This is situated just off Bristol Street in the city centre. I arrived before 10pm so there was no entrance fee. There was a wide range of very attractive ladies there. For your dances, they take you off to a large side room where all of the dances take place. There is occassionally a floor show as well. The minimum dance price is £10 but it is well worth it here as it is well lit, breast contact is common, and the no touching rule is not enforced. I spoke to the bouncer and he said that they don't do anything unless the girls scream! This is the best club that I have been to so far. Ask for Macy when you are in as she will give a particularly good dance.

[Anon, 4th February 2002]

Just wanted to let you know about a new club in Birmingham called Sensations. Website address is http://www.sensationsclub.com. The club has private booths for lap dances (nude) and a great stage which is in constant use by the very enthusiastic dancers....

[Matt, 26th January 2002]

A short note about the Birmingham Scene - I visited Legs XI, situated in the City Centre, to find that personal dances had risen to £10 each. These take place in alcoves so you are in full view of passers-by and as usual, the "no touching" rule is enforced. The girls I saw weren't local but as usual were approachable and well spoken. I had a long conversation with the Duty Manager as I left and he told me there were now seven lap-dance clubs in Birmingham which he described as "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly." Further discourse revealed that "the Good" were themselves and Spearmint Rhino on Hagley Road whilst the others weren't named. However on my journey away I passed at least two further clubs; one on Hagley Road; and another just off Bristol Road/Wheeleys Lane which were advertising lap dancing. I'll report more fully on my next visit to the City.

[Mega, 13th January 2002]

I visited Legs 11 again in the middle of June on a Thursday night, and again had a brilliant time - well at £5 to get in, and the same for a dance, it can't be bad. Some great dancers, especially a girl called Jessica who, although slightly built, is probably the most sensuous mover I've ever encounted. Also worth mentioning is a Brazillian girl called Carolyn - brilliant! - also a very intelligent girl called Calia, a girl who evidently works @ Sunset Strip (Soho) on a Sunday, and was also 8/10. To finish off, I had a dance with a huge titted girl I think was called Lisa who I have seen in some magazine, and I think is quite famous. Anyway, she was so busy, she forgot to ask for her fiver, and cleared off!!!.

[Donk, 31st July 2001]

LEGS 11
30 Ladywell Walk, Chinatown. 0121-666-7004.
2pm to 2am. £5 before 9pm, £10 after.
£5 per dance on the Thursday night that I attended back in February, and absolutely loads of girls, some 7 out of 10. Most would chat for some time, when the place was not to packed, but some yet again had not mastered the art of conversation. Drink prices a bit over the top, if I remember correctly, but with dances at these reasonable prices, I had at least twice as many than usual (and the girls seemed happier for it, as they earned more - so why don't other places have lower dance prices?). I enjoyed myself very much here, even though the knickers only come down to the knees.

[Donk, 15th June 2001]

Adult World
A sex shop and adult cinema which has live striptease every two hours (at 12noon, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm) on a stage in the cinema. The strip only lasts for two tracks, but private lap dances are available. The venue (formerly the Sunset Cinema) has recently been refurbished and is quite a pleasant environment.
Address: 1 Hinckley Street, Birmingham, B5 4EB. A couple of minute's walk from New Street Station.
Telephone: 0121-643 5147
Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 10am - 10pm, closed Sunday
Cost: £10 for a cinema ticket which includes the striptease. You can come and go during the day with the same ticket. Private dances £15.

Legs Eleven
Table dance club - I've not been there since they moved to new premises just round the corner from the old ones. Nude table dances were good value at only £5 each, though when I was last there many of the girls only took their panties down to their ankles rather than taking them off completely.
Address: 30 Ladywell Walk, Birmingham, B5 4ST. In the Chinatown area of the city - five minute's walk from New Street Station.
Telephone: 0121-666 7004; Fax: 0121-248 8810
Opening hours: Monday-Friday 2pm-2am, Saturday 7pm-2am, closed Sunday
Admission charge: £5 before 9pm Mon-Thurs £10 thereafter

[Mike A, 26th March 2001]