XX CLOSED B79 7PD Player's Lounge, Tamworth

Closed strip pubs and clubs north of the Watford Gap.
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED B79 7PD Player's Lounge, Tamworth

Post by zante »

Bolebridge Street, (follow the signs for Ankerside Car Park)

Last edited by zante on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Sky's no limit for balloon pole-dancers
Birmingham Evening Mail Dec 12 2005

A pole-dancing club is set to take its customers to new heights of excitement - by offering its services in a hot air balloon.

The £35,000 craft, allowing lap-dancers to ply their trade on a platform attached to the side of the traditional basket, is the brainchild of club owner Warren Roberts, who runs the Cloud 10 venue in Tamworth, Staffordshire.

The businessman hit on the bizarre idea after a chance meeting a year ago at London's Stringfellows club with the managing director of Telfordbased Virgin Balloon Flights.

Mr Roberts said: "We both started talking about exciting ideas we had and the idea we both loved was to combine our industries and build a hot air balloon you can pole dance in.

"Twelve months down the line and the balloon's going into construction."
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Has been converted to a rather nice Weatherspoons
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Has reopened very low key in an old night club directly opposite from the entrance to weatherspoons. Everyone who knows the area will know where it is when I say up the stairs with the rope lights on each step. Yes, THAT nightclub, who's name escapes me... It's an incredibly small venue. It may be only temporary as the signage is only a uPVC banner over the shared doorway.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Has been renamed and reopened by Jodie Marsh.

Details here - now run by a former dancer.
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Opening a regular ladies night for charity.. though not sure if that means male strippers or lesbian nights.

Story here
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Victor23
Top Dog

Tamworth venue for sale

Post by Victor23 »

A very quick search on UTK for "Tamworth" reveals no very recent venue in the town.

Business Sales Online
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Re: Tamworth venue for sale

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Fancy your chances as a venue owner, zante? :wink:
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I guess that some of us here would quite like the idea of owning a venue, but nowadays I have my doubts about the viability of strip clubs and pubs. As we've noted here in recent years, many have come and gone, some lasting only two or three years.

For what it's worth, recently a full-time dancer was told by her accountant that two of the big chains were struggling financially and she echoed the sentiments that I've expressed before - that there was so much available on and via the Web nowadays.

Edit: the fact that the Tamworth venue only opened on Friday and Saturday nights hardly inspires confidence in its future viability. And conventional nightclubs are also on the decline.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

It's a very old advert - it closed a number of years ago; players lounge. It was remodelled into a bar and club.