XX CLOSED NG7 2UW Senoritas, Nottingham

Closed strip pubs and clubs north of the Watford Gap.
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED NG7 2UW Senoritas, Nottingham

Post by zante »

Redfield Way, Lenton, Nottingham. 0115 9863 211

Senoritas, Nottingham
I have just returned from my first visit to Senoritas in Lenton on the outskirts of Nottingham city centre. I was one of the first to arrive (opens at 8 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, at 7.00 on Saturday - closed other days but worth phoning as seems to vary). Plenty of parking and OK for taxis but forget public transport.

£8 to get in - past a very burly lady security guard who radios ahead to say she is taking you upstairs. The ground floor is still closed. The place used to be the Isis night club and is still very much as it was then but for the addition of a couple of poles on a stage. It is quite large with a separate area for food (buffet - though nothing being served up to the time I left at 9.45) and there is a VIP area if you prefer a bit of peace and quiet - the music is quite loud. Behind the bar are booths for your private dances, otherwise you sit at tables around the stage.

Interesting to get there early as all the girls trooped in from the VIP area past me to the back room. Quite a view as loads of them and all dressed to thrill. Very variable in looks, though. Some very nice, some - well never mind - most somewhere in between so a little disappointing to be honest. There were two girls dancing on the poles all evening with no breaks so plenty to look at. Drinks are served at the table or you can go to the large bar.

I spent some time with one girl - very attractive - bought her a drink and it was me who suggested a dance. Another girl later made the first approach but was not at all pushy about it. £20 for a nude dance or £10 for topless paid at the bar in exchange for a token. Dances are single track in length and so seemed quite short. Absolutely no contact so very much more table than lap dancing. Nice but not overly sexy I have to say.

As a venue, much nicer than Conrads, which I am told has had its license removed, and OK girls but felt expensive for what you get and not very sexy. I will doubtless go again but not in a great hurry.

Peter,
3rd September 2004

Visited Senoritas last night (Saturday). It's a very large club based in the Lenton area, near the Showcase cinema and ten pin bowling place, in a big modern "retail park" type building. There is loads of car parking though it's miles out of the centre. Downstairs is a normal club called Isis which is currently closed though the owner told me he intends to re-open this soon. Upstairs there is a large bar and private dance area and a stage with 2 poles. There is a separate VIP area, but I did not go in. It's £10 to get in; £10 for a topless dance, and £20 for full nude (close-up, but no touching}. There were 25 girls on when I was there, and when we left at 11pm or so, perhaps 100 customers. Booze is quite expensive (£6 for a pint of Carling and a coke, waitress service).

Overall I liked it. The DJ made a considerable effort to keep the place lively and the topless stage shows were quite good. It's the biggest club I have been in, except maybe for Spearmint TCR, even just using the 1st floor. I think it will do well, particularly if they make the effort to have some special events to keep the place busy. It's early days yet but the girls { a mix of veterans from Spearmint, Venus, Dublin clubs etc and newbies} seemed quite happy. I'd say the standard of the girls was OK but not as good as Browns. It's open Saturdays only in June but full time in July.

Tyke,
20th June 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TS_Jabroni
Front row perv

Re: ** NG7 2UW, Senoritas, Nottingham

Post by TS_Jabroni »

This place still functioning?
Harry
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by Harry »

A fragrant snippet from the local news website suggests not

"During a three day hearing, the city council's licensing committee was told about a man being stabbed 13 times during a "high risk" event; a brawl involving up to 15 people in the car park where smashed bottles of Champagne were swung by alleged rival gangs and a person being "glassed" when the club operated as table dance venue Senoritas."
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Harry wrote:"During a three day hearing, the city council's licensing committee was told about a man being stabbed 13 times during a "high risk" event..."
By 'high risk event', I take it they mean a hip-hop/(so-called) R 'n' B/grime music night, as opposed to, say, fire-eating or BDSM? :|
Tyke
Dearly departed

Post by Tyke »

The bulk of the trouble involved Isis downstairs where they held R and B nights and the like. It's very large and those types of events at large venues often attract yobbos.I don't know for sure but I think the lap dancing bit shut down a couple of years ago, Nottingham council is still very hostile to strip venues.

Tyke