XX CLOSED CT1 3HD Bing, Canterbury

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
sinless69uk
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

XX CLOSED CT1 3HD Bing, Canterbury

Post by sinless69uk »

SEV granted for Bing Canterbury.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentish_gaz ... head-3217/

I like the comment about customers being more likely to make noise than people leaving a nightclub.
Is there no end to the ill-informed bollox?
sinless69uk

Re: CT1 3HD Bing, Dover Street, Canterbury

Post by sinless69uk »

This club seems to have caused problems; a silver birch tree has been replaced with a plastic one.
Oh calamity!

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Bing-owner- ... z2hSAvJxnt
Harry

Post by Harry »

If they don't know what they can do about the removal of the tree then chances are there is nothing they can do.

I bet the spokesman for the Oaten Hill District Society has sat nearby in his car every night since it's opened, with a slight semi-on, trying to pluck up the courage to go in
carlmurphy_2009

Post by carlmurphy_2009 »

The Bing is the best club, I have been to.

Went there Friday and Saturday, to test the place, and check the dancers.

It starts at 8.30pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Finishes 1am, Thursday.
Finishes 2.30am Friday and Saturday

£20 to get in, but £10 before 10pm or 11pm, I think - I arrived at 8.30pm, Friday and Saturday

Dances £20

This place, you won't get ANY HASSLE. If you want to try a place where it is your choice, to buy a dance (and not the dancers choice - meaning pressured into buying), this is the place.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO PLACE AS GOOD AS THIS, BEFORE

It is a small venue, and has about 6 to 8 dancers. There is a good selection of dancers, something to keep everyone happy. I met Honey, Caprice, Vanessa, Georgia, Leo (or Theo? Think it was Leo - my ears not as good as there were lol), Zena (think that's right or could be my ears again) and Mia.

Was not pressured into buying a dance from any of them (don't think that has ever happened in any club before, I have been) - I bought 4 dances the Friday (I went up to 2 dancers, and asked if I could buy dances - don't think that has ever happened before), and 2 bought dances, the Saturday

The dancers chatted but what was unique I thought, was the lack of pressure, and that they were also hostessing, meaning they have a chat with everyone, and move on, when ready (rather than push - a few places could learn from this place)

The manager speaks to everyone, checking they are alright

The private dance area is a bit dark (I had to check I was handing a £20, two times), but it appears it has been done to try to create 'privacy' - A very interesting touch - It's not too dark

Also met September (a member of staff), and when the dancers were late the Friday due to being held up in traffic, I had a long chat with September - Told her about this board, and that I would be reviewing this place.

It was pleasant to try a place, that the idea has been thought through

They have just started a webpage now

http://www.thebingcanterbury.co.uk/

If you are in the area, please support this place. We need more places, akin to this

Don't know when I'm visiting again, but if you not been there, you must
carlmurphy_2009

Post by carlmurphy_2009 »

Been there again, and they changed the lighting, in the private dance area - much brighter.

I didnt mind the lighting here before, as though it was dark, it was like intimate
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

Another venue facing re-development:

article
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

I've said this before and I'll say it again: the biggest threats to SEVs don't come from Licensing Committees - they come from Planning Committees!
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Club details:-

The Bing
11 Dover Street
CANTERBURY
CT1 3HD

Telephone: 01227 457232

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bingcanterbury (@BingCanterbury)

The website listed is defunct, but the club is still open, as evidenced by the Twitter feed.
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

CAMRA's WhatPub site lists Bing as 'permanently closed', as does Google Maps, and the last tweet on its Twitter account is dated the 21/06/16. The club's website is defunct, as previously mentioned.