XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Cornucopia, Southend

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Re: ** SS1 2EN Cornucopia Pub, Southend

Post by eroticon6 »

I'd hoped to pay a return visit, but someone else at work got to travel to Essex.

Monday to Friday is the pattern, with, I believe, two dancers on Mondays and Fridays, three other nights.

I'll be interested in how you find things.
Scallywag
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by Scallywag »

gnok wrote:
Basil1903 wrote:I've not ventured out here for over a year - planning a trip next week.
Did you go / what was it like?

I understand there is no rota available, but I'm thinking of doing a joint visit to this and the Foresters when I'm in London next month; so if anyone could provide details of when there is stripping, change of shifts, # of girls... then this would be useful. Unlike my last visit to the Royal Std, I would like to attend when there was some action!
I was there last night. There are dancers at the Cornucopia on Mon-Fri evenings, from 8 until 11 I believe. 3 dancers a night Tues-Thurs, with only 2 on Monday and Friday. No rota as far as I know.

I got there around 8.45 last night, and it was pretty quiet with only 3-4 punters in. Slowly a few more drifted in so by 9.30 is was fairly busy. Nice atmosphere in the pub, few locals combined with contractors staying in the area.

A guy and I presumed his girlfriend came in at one point. The girl seemed to enjoy watching the walkabout, so much so that she had a private dance soon after!
gnok

Post by gnok »

I was there last night. There are dancers at the Cornucopia on Mon-Fri evenings, from 8 until 11 I believe. 3 dancers a night Tues-Thurs, with only 2 on Monday and Friday. No rota as far as I know.
Interesting, so my notion of going Sat afternoon (when the Foresters is most active) is a non starter; I may well give it a go some day midweek.
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

A slight refinement to all of this, though it's something I haven't checked for a long time.

However, as the pub has drinking up time, so the dancing goes on after 11 if there are sufficient punters for walkabouts, and until all requested PDs have been enjoyed.

I reckon this won't have changed.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

gnok wrote:
Interesting, so my notion of going Sat afternoon (when the Foresters is most active) is a non starter; I may well give it a go some day midweek.
Sadly not; this would be ideal for me too. I think the main idea behind the weeknights is to cater for contractors staying on the seafront.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

there is no way that the dancers could work on a Saturday afternoon.

The whole of the seafront could see the show as the pub is so small and the door faces the sea.
gnok

Post by gnok »

So the Foresters' days are numbered due to redevelopment, is the Cornucopia also under threat? They appear to be fairly close to each other.
pleasure_seeker

Post by pleasure_seeker »

Is the Cornucopia under threat? I don't think so, no. It's definitely not part of the area around Foresters that is earmarked for re-development.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

The Cornucopia is certainly not in the same development area as the Foresters. There are about a dozen open properties, plus a road between the 2 pubs.
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

The road in between makes it unlikely that the Corny will go the way of the Foresters.

Visited the other week: standard private dance price seems to have risen to £20.

A pretty quiet night, but Courtney was dancing up a storm, as she did when I first saw her four years back or more.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I think Private Dances have been £20 for some time; certainly as long as I have been going there, just over a year now.

Was in there on Tuesday, got there about 9 and it was quiet, 3 dancers and the same number of customers. It gradually got busier, most punters seem to arrive from 9.30.
I-full

Post by I-full »

Brazilian Cindy, Czech Kat and Suzy a couple of Wednesdays ago made a formidable trio. For old school walkabout there's not much better about.
one more and I'm off...
venus100

Post by venus100 »

Old School is probably about right. Sorry edited as it may be a different Brazilian Cindy, I am thinking of the one in the Queen Anne who was in her late twenties in 2002 and I thought had got married again. I assume it must be a different one.
Was that last orders?
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Is it very busy there lately? All I have heard this year is how quiet it is there, which is a great pity as it's a friendly pub and yes old school walkabout!
I-full

Post by I-full »

Midweek there's more here than in the Foresters. Enough people to fill the available seating usually so it's comfortable. Not sure if that counts as busy. The girls seem to enjoy the work.
one more and I'm off...
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Well that's busier than on my last visit, albeit around 6 months ago.
gary_utk
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by gary_utk »

Popped into the Cornucopia last night, first time in over a year. There were between between 10 and 15 customers from around 8:15 to 10:30 when i left, which was a comfortable number.

The ladies dancing were Brazilian Cindy, Czech Kat and Suzie who were good dancers and friendly.

Dancing was in full swing when I got there which seemed a bit prompt, so today I had a search around on the web, and it looks like they applied variation to their licence for a 7:30pm start, which was approved on 4th of September with a few extra conditions
  • A secondary barrier across the main entrance to further obscure the view into the premises;
    The provision of a segregated private dressing room to be used as the dancers changing room;
    The SEV Licence shall ensure that a minimum of two SIA Registered Door Supervisors are working at the premises while relevant entertainment is provided.
Resources on the web are
http://www.southendstandard.co.uk/news/ ... x_licence/

and

http://democracy.southend.gov.uk/docume ... e.pdf?T=10

Regards
Gary
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Good to hear there was a good crowd, I would suspect the dancers working that night brought a few followers with them.

The new regulations seem a bit over the top to me. Fair enough on the dressing room, though not sure why there is a need for 2 doormen in such a small pub!!
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

One for the main door, one for the side exit, maybe?

The problem will be finding another guy who's so pleasant!
gary_utk
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by gary_utk »

Popped into last night to see Cindy, there were 3 dancers Brazilian Cindy, Czech Kat and English Clara. I got there a 8pm and Dancing was just starting.

While I am not a regular, it seems to me that they make an effort to have at least one English Lass on, is there any regular Customer who could comment?

The Crowd was good mixture of regulars and contractors (their first visit) and everyone had a good time, plenty of clapping the floor shows with lots of smiling faces and good humour. Most of the seats were used, so it was a good ratio of Customers to Dancers.

As expected the dancing was enthusiastic, with the low tables being used as a stage; that is the disadvantage if you don't sit at the bar, you have to keep moving your beer off the tables while dancing is going on. The dancers had lots of private dance requests, but not so many that I could not get a couple with each of them through the evening.

Kat was telling me that the first couple of Mondays in January when there were only 2 dancers on were very busy, either a good sign or people were just there to recover from the return to work blues.

If there are any fans of Cindy, she is taking a break in March and April, but will be here most Wednesdays in Feb,

There is something about the walkabout format where the dancer disrobes only a few inches from you that is so much better than the clinical stage displays of central London. If it were not for the fact it is an hour train journey from central London, then this would be my favorite pub. Private dances still £20, and a pint of fosters £3.50.
venus100

Post by venus100 »

I assume this is the Cindy that was dancing at the Annie back in 2001/2 when I first saw her or is there another now?
Was that last orders?
gary_utk
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by gary_utk »

I have only seen Cindy in the last couple of years, but if the Cindy you remember was in her mid 20's back then, it is possible it is the same lady.
venus100

Post by venus100 »

Could be the same one only she was 29 according to her CV. I was sitting with Deborah while Cindy was working on her CV with the guy who ran the website. So I over heard part of the conversation when the music stopped. So probably around 45 to 48 now. Mitzi danced into her 60s so shouldn't be surprised if they look good why worry about a number. But yeah probably the same lady who loved to dance to Black Velvet.
Was that last orders?
I-full

Post by I-full »

Yes, the same Cindy. She looks better as every year passes.
one more and I'm off...
venus100

Post by venus100 »

Once she went in for the second boob job I lost interest. The first one wasn't too bad but why do they all seem to be so concerned?
Was that last orders?