XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Cornucopia, Southend

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
I-full
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Cornucopia Pub, Southend

Post by I-full »

As of yesterday the SEV application notice is still in the window. Presume dancing is suspended pending outcome. Ditto Foresters.
one more and I'm off...
freeborn2a
Make mine a D cup

Post by freeborn2a »

thanks, mate.

that'll save some petrol, then!
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I-full wrote:As of yesterday the SEV application notice is still in the window. Presume dancing is suspended pending outcome. Ditto Foresters.
When I went to Southend last Saturday afternoon, the SEV was not in the window, nor was there anything on the door advertising dancing, so not sure what is going on here.
I-full

REOPENED SS1 2EN Cornucopia Pub, Southend

Post by I-full »

Back in business now licence granted. Same as before except external advertising not allowed as per Foresters. If the blinds are down then it's showtime!
one more and I'm off...
freeborn2a
Make mine a D cup

Re: ** SS1 2EN Cornucopia Pub, Southend

Post by freeborn2a »

paid a visit a week or two back.

still a great place to chill - friendly staff, reasonable prices.

oh - and sexy dancers. but I am sure no-one cares about them. it's just the atmosphere and the beer!
Basil1903
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by Basil1903 »

Is there anywhere to find schedule of dancers?
I-full

Post by I-full »

No. There is a small core, or should I say corps, of dancers who appear regularly, often two or three times in a week. In addition you will find the occasional performer but it's all a matter of pot luck. Good system if the regulars tickle your fancy, not so much if not.
one more and I'm off...
carlmurphy_2009

Post by carlmurphy_2009 »

enjoy the atmosphere here. Dancers not my type, but sometimes one that I prefer.
pleasure_seeker

Post by pleasure_seeker »

My first visit here a few days’ ago.

Tiny, but lively, pub. Three girls on that evening. All experienced dancers delivering very in-your-face walkabout striptease. Good value PDs also available at £20.

Beer was flowing, girls were entertaining, customers were happy. Such a contrast to the gloom encountered in Foresters a few minutes earlier.

Agree with previous comments – an excellent venue.
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

Called in a few weeks back, and it was busier than I have seen in a while (though I can't claim to be a regular). Only two girls dancing, so some queuing problems, as they were both popular for PDs.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Visited this pub for the first time last week. There were about 10 punters in when I arrived about 9.15pm, which made it look fairly busy, the place is very small. The disco lighting inside is a bit strange at first, but less striking if you sit at the bar.

There were 3 girls on, all good looking I thought. Walkabout dancing was very enthusiastic, and there was a warm round of applause after each dance. Very different atmosphere to the Foresters.

I invested in a private dance, for £20. This took place in a small room, up a few flights of steep stairs. Quite unique, like the rest of the pub.

Recommended, refreshing to go to a strip pub with a lively, friendly atmosphere.
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

I think the stairs are a way of sorting out the piss artists from the rest. Only the reasonably sober make it to the top!
Basil1903

Post by Basil1903 »

New (strictly speaking not new) Brazilian dancers : gabi and Virginia have started dancing here. Good news for a change to the regular faces
I-full

Post by I-full »

Czech Kat making regular appearances on Wednesdays recently :wink:
one more and I'm off...
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Have been 4 or 5 times now and things are still as positive as when I first went. Visits this year have been a bit quieter than the last year, though I have been going earlier in the week which may explain it.

You do tend to see the same girls frequently (one has been there on every one of my visits to date) which is a double edged sword.

Well worth a visit however.
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

I'm hoping I may be in Essex again soon: can anyone confirm that dancers are still going strong here?

In particular, is the sensuous Ebony (in and out of her fishnet dresses) still arousing and delighting the crowds?
I-full

Post by I-full »

Cornucopia still going strong but Ebony stopped performing there a while back as have several others of my faves recently. Still a good evening out and much better than the now-diminished Foresters offering.
one more and I'm off...
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

Ta, Squire.

A shame, but life continues...
harryflowers
Shoreditch is my second home

Post by harryflowers »

Paid a visit to The Corny around 10:30 this Friday. As a fellow perv pointed out previously only two strippers on Fridays, but what a billing tonight! Czech Kat and Sindy.

Czech Kat was totally charming and Sindy (Cindy?), having seen her before, is one of the most enthusiastic and raunchy strippers I've seen in ages.

This is only my second visit to The Corny but it's about as close to walkout strip pub heaven as I could wish. It's truely proper old-school walkout pub strip. The place is tiny, like a smaller version of The Olde Northwood but without the stripper pole. A fair number of punters in and surprisingly, a young (and no doubt horny) couple.

Lack of time prevented having a private dance but I hope to be back here soon to sample. It was an unexpected, enjoyable experience all in all.
Nick Bucks

Post by Nick Bucks »

Is a rota available do we know ?
Thanks
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

I have not seen one for many years - certainly not during the time I've been going there.

Always pot luck, though if you're nearby and ask nicely at the bar, they can usually tell you who's on for the week.

People have said that most of the dancers are regulars, and you don't get repeat bookings if you aren't good!

So I go along when I am in the area. Usually a fun evening, and it's a pretty civilised place, as bars go.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

No I've never seen a rota either, though the standard of girls is usually decent (each to their own of course).

I have found crowd numbers to be quite low this year, seems to be getting quieter. They now have only 2 girls on Mondays and Fridays to reflect the quieter nights.

Well worth a trip, combined with the Foresters, and maybe even the Sunset Club around the corner.
Basil1903

Post by Basil1903 »

I've not ventured out here for over a year - planning a trip next week. I've been told that security cameras are now in the private dance room.
I-full

Post by I-full »

Can confirm camera installed. Don't let that put you off though.
one more and I'm off...
gnok

Post by gnok »

Basil1903 wrote:I've not ventured out here for over a year - planning a trip next week.
Did you go / what was it like?

I understand there is no rota available, but I'm thinking of doing a joint visit to this and the Foresters when I'm in London next month; so if anyone could provide details of when there is stripping, change of shifts, # of girls... then this would be useful. Unlike my last visit to the Royal Std, I would like to attend when there was some action!