XX CLOSED LU7 1LF New Waterfront Bar, Linslade

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED LU7 1LF New Waterfront Bar, Linslade

Post by zante »

24 - 30 Linslade Road, Linslade. (Very near Leighton Buzzard)
Last edited by zante on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Flamboy
Make mine a D cup

Post by Flamboy »

Find your way to Leighton Buzzard Tesco, go over the canal bridge, the pub is on the same side of the road as Tesco, but the other side of the canal.

Despite being called Rumours, there's nothing on the building saying rumours! You're looking for a place called "The Venue" - a 3 story building overlooking the traffic island.

There's no parking outside, find a street to the left of the traffic island.

Once inside, through the door that's pretty much in the centre of the building, the stairs to the basement are around to the right. The basement, as upstairs, is quite spartan; feeling more like a run down Northern boozer than I'd expected, but aparently there's plans in hand to give the whole place a make over if strip takes off.

This takes you down into a long L shaped room. The strip happens to the left, as there's only about 5 seats, it's walkround with you standing. Privates are in the girl's changing room, which is bizarrely also the cellar. Noisy, cold and not very welcoming.

To the right is a seating area, and the bar. The bar looks out to the canal and a few outside seats for smoking - as there's no curtains, the girls aren't allowed to dance up this end of the room.

Toilets are opposite the stairs - consisting of a conventional toilet for each sex; the door to the gents, whilst fitted with a lock, doesn't fit the door frame and the loos are terminally blocked... which rather adds to the overall run down feel of the place.

Well worth a visit, high quality dancers (typically entertease) add a lot to any venue; it could be a great little venue with the right kind of make over. And curtains onto the canal windows!!! And a proper private booth up in the corner by the bar.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Now with roller blinds to the canal windows!
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
NorthernWideBoy
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Rumours - my 2p worth

Post by NorthernWideBoy »

They now have invested in a blind over the canal window so dancers can use the whole of the bar - they said they were going to do the place up didn't they!
And I think that 'not very welcoming' is being very nice to the private dance area. It was good job I was being distracted at the time!
Oh, and the toilet was working!
And if anyone knows the bods over at Entertease, they could clarify the venue name is The Venue; bet it was funny the first time they suggested the name for the pub!
I must spend less on the ladies
I must spend on the ladies
I must...
Flamboy
Make mine a D cup

Post by Flamboy »

Closed with immediate effect. No dancers till June at the earliest.
NorthernWideBoy

Do we know why it is closed? I did not see anything in the local press.
I must...
NorthernWideBoy

Re-opening

Looks like The Venue / Rumours / Elements will be starting to have dancers again from Monday 8th June, according to the Tease Agency website anyway.
I must...
fazeley

Post by fazeley »

It closed as the licence was refused. But they traded anyway until they were forced to close. It still has no licence, so won't be opening in June.
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

open or shut?

Post by pleasure_seeker »

Despite the above post, this is listed on the - usually pretty reliable and up to date - Tease website as having dancers today, all this week and through into July. Can anyone confirm that it is, in fact, open for business as usual? :?
GalaxyMan

Re: open or shut?

Post by GalaxyMan »

pleasure_seeker wrote:Despite the above post, this is listed on the - usually pretty reliable and up to date - Tease website as having dancers today, all this week and through into July. Can anyone confirm that it is, in fact, open for business as usual? :?
A dancer of my acquaintance was performing there last night (Tuesday 9th) so it was sure open. . . . I've yet to speak with her to find out how good / busy it was for her.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Yes, it reopened this week.

Yes, Janice's site is normally well hot in terms of accuracy, but rumours has been showing while it's been closed.
Flamboy
Make mine a D cup

Post by Flamboy »

At one point on Saturday afternoon the girls started to charge £2 a dance here. Which toook the audience down from 10 guys to just me and one other.

That's a shame, it will spoil it for the girls who don't get greedy.
Flamboy
Make mine a D cup

Post by Flamboy »

Went to see the fantastic Tara and Gia there last night. So few guys in I doubt it will continue.
fazeley

Post by fazeley »

I frequently get charged £2 a jug here when the less well known girls are on - it's as if the well known girls like those already mentioned keep the rules in check; all other times the price rockets and turns the regualrs away. They know they are having the pee extracted!
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

With toilets that have been broken for over a week and a foul smell (of said toilets) throughout, it's not surprising it's not packed out every night.
Flamboy
Make mine a D cup

Post by Flamboy »

Toilets are still broken, except the gents downstairs, which just leaks pee all over the floor so you have to paddle. There's actual poop coming out of a pipe on the smoking area! Going downhill fast.
Flamboy
Make mine a D cup

Post by Flamboy »

Closed?

It's suddenly disappeared from the tease site.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Reopened - now with Promises.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

The place is such a dive, even Promises has now disowned it!
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

In Leighton Buzzard, no one can hear you scream... :lol:
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Reopening Monday - back with Tease
Orville
Anatomy student

Post by Orville »

Went there for the first time recently.

Having read the above and seeing the picture on Google Maps, was not expecting much.

Having got there, the outside looks like the picture on the Tease site rather than Google Maps so has been done up.

Went in and it is a Glasgow Rangers bar with the ceiling covered in photographs. All the people in the bar seemed Scottish too. :shock:

Headed off downstairs and was quite impressed with the bar down there and how it is decorated. One comment noted that everyone has to stand, but there is a sofa in there and other tables and chairs. There is also a stage and pole.

Only 2 girls were working. One danced whilst the other gave lapdances and then they swapped. Both very good looking.

Was reasonably busy.

Private dances were £10 before ten and £15 after ten. You had to buy a token from the bar stating which girl it was for so that they could keep a tally.

Based on the comments above, the private dance area has been transformed and was probably the most private private dance area I have been in and was decorated ok although a bit cluttered with other things in the room. Dances were good value.
jd62

Re: ** LU7 1HS Rumours @ The Venue, Linslade

Post by jd62 »

Was here last Wednesday and as described previously the dancers work downstairs. There was no restriction on buying dance vouchers before 10pm and using them after so used common sense and pruchased mine early.

Only one dancer was present all evening with the agency trying to encourage another to come from the Waggon and Horses 30 minutes away to work form 11:30 to 1:00AM nobody arrived.

With the very few customers there was really no need for a 2nd girl anyway, apart from me only 4 other people had a dance.

Overall If the place was busier then it would be ok, the layout and private dance area were good. Although there was an incident when the bar staff upstairs came burstig into the dance area just because they had left the door to the cellar from the upstairs bar locked and through the cluttered private dance area was the only way through, I would say they could have knocked.

Probably wont go back even with the secluded private dance area.
I-full

Re: ** LU7 1HS Rumours @ The Venue, Linslade

Post by I-full »

I'm with JD on this one. Happened to be in the area a couple of Saturdays ago and hit Rumours just as the dancing was supposed to commence. Had a dance, eventually, with a charming girl after a longish wait for any action to get started. As I was the only punter on duty I did not feel it was worth hanging about afterwards so apologies to the second dancer - if she ever turned up.

I'm not sure the Saturday night crowd would be my kind of folk judging by the characters hanging around upstairs. All in all at least I can say the pub gas been ticked off the list and unless one of my faves were appearing there I would not be prepared to make the trek.

OK for the locals I suppose and I would not wish to put them off but for connoisseurs, maybe not.
one more and I'm off...
zante
Site Admin

Re: ** LU7 1LF Canal Bar, Linslade

Post by zante »

Now on it's 3rd name - Canal Bar.