XX CLOSED RG12 7LS Golden Farmer, Bracknell

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
Moonraker

XX CLOSED RG12 7LS Golden Farmer, Bracknell

Post by Moonraker »

New Angels Exotic venue, starting on November 19:

webpage
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Ooh argh! :wink:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

When I checked the website a few days ago, the start date seemed to have been put back a week, now all its says is "new website soon".

(Peripatetic dancers must be quite expert on railway services in the Home Counties; not many will have had the chance to use the Waterloo-Bracknell line - on which all services stop tediously at every station.)

The pub appears to be under new ownership; see itsyet-to-be-updated website
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I've just found this article on-line in a local newspaper:

click.

The article is worth a mention because it's generally positive, on the lines of "it's all a but of fun", even with some support from the locals.

The pub's landlady has ruled out lap-dancing, but I can't see girls wanting to travel out to Bracknell for a few quid in the jug.

PS Just had a reply to an email I sent to Angelsexotic: "I understand that private dancers do take place unless she has changed it. Lap and private are some times classed as different. best to pop in and see."

I would have thought the agency would have checked with the pub what the licencing agreement was and told its girls. The pub's webpage still relates to the old pre-strip management, so no clues there.
barney600
Make mine a D cup

Post by barney600 »

Definitely private dances.
TS_Jabroni
Front row perv

Post by TS_Jabroni »

Cruised by there today and there seemed to be no evidence of any girls. Seemed like a nice family pub with lots of people milling around outside. Is dancing definitely going on?

Flags in Slough was closed, Golden Farmer had nothing - where else is good to go on a free afternoon around Berkshire? Honey Pot in Maidenhead is still the best by far but they don't open until 1700hrs.
barney600
Make mine a D cup

Post by barney600 »

Yep, 5pm - 8pm
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I nearly went along on Wednesday myself for my first visit; one dancer with her own website was due to be there. She tells me that it has a nice atmosphere. I vaguely recall that when dancing was introduced there it started at 4pm, but perhaps this didn't attract enough punters and it's now an hour later.

I hope to visit shortly, but am keeping an eye out for at least one girl on the rota that I know.

TS_J, you should have gone to the White Horse at High Wycombe - only eight miles from Maidenhead, I was there yesterday - six great girls (but hardly any punters until 3.30pm - then it picked up until the pm session ended at about 5.30).
TS_Jabroni
Front row perv

Post by TS_Jabroni »

Will try it.
barney600
Make mine a D cup

Post by barney600 »

Moonraker wrote:I nearly went along on Wednesday myself for my first visit; one dancer with her own website was due to be there. She tells me that it has a nice atmosphere. I vaguely recall that when dancing was introduced there it started at 4pm, but perhaps this didn't attract enough punters and it's now an hour later.

I hope to visit shortly, but am keeping an eye out for at least one girl on the rota that I know.

TS_J, you should have gone to the White Horse at High Wycombe - only eight miles from Maidenhead, I was there yesterday - six great girls (but hardly any punters until 3.30pm - then it picked up until the pm session ended at about 5.30).
I've only been there once, the atmosphere was okay. It was pretty quiet really with only 6-10 customers at any time.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

The Golden Farmer is about 25 minutes’ walk from Bracknell Station, from which bus service 194 runs close by every half-hour. Its setting is pleasant enough. When I arrived one Wednesday at 5pm, there were a number of couples sitting outside, giving a family feel to the pub. It wasn’t at first clear where the dancing was, and I couldn’t see any relevant announcement on the various posters; the trick is to go through the central door and, rather than turn right into one bar, push through a heavy curtain in front of one and through a door into the other bar, which is reserved for the dancing. When leaving this bar, be sure to push through the left side of the curtains – rather than the right, which would take one into the spacious private dance room, with seats for about eight couples.

For 30 minutes I was the only punter there, then three or four more blokes wandered in so that the walkabouts could begin. Because the audience was small, the views were constantly good with lots of personal attention. There was little demand for PDs. Towards the end of the shift (at 8pm) four youths came in, three of them having one private dance between them. (I’m not sure how the pricing works out for this: presumably not £10 each? £10 divided by three?)

Two of the girls knew me from other pubs; one of them was the reason I chose to go along that particular evening; all three girls were very acceptable. I gathered that after their three-hour shift they were going on to other venues - just as well, as they couldn’t have made much money. I’m told that its busier on Fridays.

The atmosphere was relaxed and the bar staff very pleasant, though the young barman was a bit surprised when a Brazilian asked for salt with her drink. As two of the girls left, they bade fond farewells to the landlord and landlady, something I’ve never seen before, confirming that they like working here.

I enjoyed my visit and though very happy with my regular haunts I intend keeping an eye on the Golden Farmer’s rota and if certain names appear I shall return.
quietpaul90125
Make mine a D cup

Post by quietpaul90125 »

No longer open on Wednesdays in spite of what Angels website says. GF says Wednesdays will resume in the autumn.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

That's a pity, the more so as I have alternative attractions on Friday. On my two Wednesday visits I was there for nearly all the shift and the numbers of punters barely reached double figures, with a fair proportion of oikery. The girls got very few PDs.

The Angels website now suggests that the last Wednesday dancing (for the time being, at least) was on June 3.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Another Angels venue bites the dust then :twisted:
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

According to the Angels website it still has dancers on Friday (which I'm told was always the busier day), so it's premature to mark the venue as "closed".
quietpaul90125
Make mine a D cup

Post by quietpaul90125 »

The sign on the door indicated that Friday's would indeed continue. Perhaps I should have made that clear in my earlier post
Victor23
Top Dog

Re: ** RG12 7LS Golden Farmer, Bracknell

Post by Victor23 »

Definitely no dancing here any more after change of landlord some months ago.

Victor
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Re: XX CLOSED RG12 7LS Golden Farmer, Bracknell

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Still trading, but the strippers are long gone: https://www.goldenfarmer.co.uk/index