XX CLOSED RG26 4QY The Falcon, Tadley, near Thatcham.

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED RG26 4QY The Falcon, Tadley, near Thatcham.

Post by zante »

Burghfield Road
Tadley
Hants
RG26 4QY

Tel: 0118 9813756

Directions:
Take M4 & Leave at Junction 12 Signed Theale & Reading
Join A4 heading Southwest Signed Theale
Continue on A4 for 4 miles (After about 1 mile go straight on past A340(N) - (signed Newbury)
Left onto A340(S) - 1st exit - Signed Basingstoke & Kennet & Avon Canal Visitors Centre(a brown leisure sign)
Continue on A340 through Aldermaston & past the large security fenced industrial park on your left (AWE)
At roundabout on the outskirts of Tadley continue on A340 1st exit, left Pub is on left after about 1/2 mile just as you enter a small one way system and just before a Shell petrol station.

Girls from Entertease, free admission, private dances available.

Wednesday 6pm-930pm
Friday and Sunday 3pm-7pm
Last edited by zante on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Last autumn I was passing by the Falcon and popped in a few minutes after the show was due to start, according to the website. The only person there was a barman; the range of drinks wasn’t very imaginative, but I made a half-pint last 25 minutes, after which there was no more sign of life. I thought I had goofed in interpreting the info on the website and didn’t have the nerve to ask the barman what the situation was, but when later I re-checked the websiteI found I hadn’t been wrong.

The other Sunday I went back an hour after the scheduled start of 3pm. The door was open, but there was no-one inside, not even behind the bar. I hung around for three minutes and then walked out. There were just two cars, other than mine, parked outside.

I emailed Entertease, the show organisers, and got a couple of pleasant emails back, admitting that they had difficulties getting some girls to turn up on time and that the actual start time of the show was up to the landlord. They suggest that next time I turn up at 4.30.

No doubt the regulars know when things get going, but I wasn't impressed. I pass very close to the Falcon from time to time and will pop in again if a show is scheduled, but it’s not on my list of priorities.

Moonraker
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Third time lucky – or not. After a long day, my route took me within three miles of the Falcon, so I detoured and arrived there at 1905, 65 minutes after the advertised start-time. Immediately inside was a room with about ten blokes around the walls, with a doorway leading into a larger room with a curtain halfway down it. There were three girls in not too much, and I got the idea that the show hadn’t begun. A few minutes later it did, with a girl taking a beaker around before her dance, which was fair enough given that punters could easily leg it through the door without paying. I automatically put in a quid.

The public dance consisted of the girl working her away around the audience, giving each guy a few seconds’ personal attention. Depending on your luck, you got her either with everything on or one or both of her garments removed, with a bit of posing whatever her state of undress. The lighting wasn’t great, so one didn’t get that much of a treat. Partway through the dance, she disappeared through the doorway into the other room and the rest of the audience.

Two of the girls were Okish, another had one of best dancer’s bodies I’ve seen. All were pleasant, and the two Okish ones didn’t hassle me when I declined offers of a private dance.

So far I was underwhelmed, but thought I might as well have one private dance. First, I went to the gents, mainly so I could peek inside the private dance area, where a girl was gyrating provocatively. The gents had no soap and no way of drying one’s hands, though from a previous visit I knew there are better facilities at the back of the pub, beyond the curtain.

On my return, I accepted an offer from the girl with the body for a £20 dance. The private dance area looked like a small boxroom that had been partly cleared, with three chairs, one apparently for discarded clothes, the other two, side-by-side, for punters. One girl was concluding her dance by lying on the floor with her knees up her breasts – interesting. My own dance was OK, mainly because of the great body, but I suppose I’ve become used to good dances from girls who know me. The experience wasn’t helped by the general tackiness of the pub.

On the way home, I reflected that most weeks at the White Horse in High Wycombe I can chose an afternoon when there’s five or six girls dancing, three or four of whom I enjoy PDs with. And for a quid I can see several minutes of dance on a well-lit stage with the girls continuing after they’ve got their kit off.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I've just been idly Googling to see what other comments there are about the Falcon; there's a couple of references to it being frequented by "travellers", but a website for Aldermaston (the neighbouring village to Tadley) notes that the pub was once known as "the Fuzz Bush"! :lol:
Crusty030354
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Falcon

Post by Crusty030354 »

I used to live across the road from the pub and well before the strippers.

Tadley has a reputation for having a large number of former Travellers who settled in houses in the town.

There used to be a peace camp outside the Aldermaston fence beside the pub.

It was also the venue for (film producer) Louise's last strips.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Oh dear, I don't learn, and I should have heeded the advice I reported in my post of April 23 above and turned up at 4.30 - or even later.

After my negative experiences reported above I've had no inclination to return to the Falcon despite my being very close to it at times when dances were billed on the website.

But recently I did pop in as one very athletic dancer was originally billed to be there with two others from 3pm, and I turned up at 4.15. Again there was no sign of any girls nor of the improvised curtains put up before shows.

Some girls have told me that this is one of their least favourite venues; it's a nine-mile taxi or bus ride from Basingstoke Station, and one girl described it in lavatorial terms. And giving a private dance to some of the scruffy clientèle must be a hard way of earning £20.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

The Falcon no longer appears on the Entertease website. No great loss. I was often close by when there was dancing but after my negative experiences recorded above did not feel inclined to visit. But in the interests of objectivity I would have welcome someone else's impressions.

Update, February 15: I went past the Falcon recently and it was boarded with "Everything of value has been removed" posters everywhere. Being within yards of the perimeter fence of the Atomic Weapons Establishment, it should have had a local clientèle, but it was probably the least appealing pub in non-urban Berkshire.
freeborn2a
Make mine a D cup

Re: XX CLOSED RG26 4QY The Falcon, Tadley, Near Thatcham.

Post by freeborn2a »

rest in peace.

all gone, probably to the delight of the locals.

but it was the first place i encountered the joys of a walkabout strip, so i remember it fondly!

if only i had known what i know now back then!
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I was driving near Tadley the other day and needed some fuel, so having the petrol station next to the Falcon site in mind diverted a mile or so from my route.

Wow! The original station had been demolished and the entire site redeveloped into a very spacious new one with large convenience store attached. From the locals' viewpoint, rather more of an asset than what was on the land before, pub included.

I asked the cashier how long the new place had been open, and she reckoned three or four years.
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by pleasure_seeker »

The pub was demolished by the MoD apparently.

Newspaper report here

The report notes sniffily
"The pub shut its doors in early 2009 and had fallen into a state of disrepair. In recent years the pub had struggled. One of the succession of managers even resorted to strippers on Sundays in a bid to attract drinkers to the venue."
steve_1973J
I like naked ladies

Re: XX CLOSED RG26 4QY The Falcon, Tadley, near Thatcham.

Post by steve_1973J »

The problem here was a landlord who was both lazy and incompetent. The place initially did good business, but the locals learnt not to come over until they saw the curtains closed, because that meant dancing had started. And he wouldn't close the curtains until there were enough people in the pub for dancing to start. This meant the start time got later and later, and people stopped coming in because the dancers weren't dancing for long enough. And dancers became unwilling to work there because of the steadily reducing time they could earn money. A self inflicted wound.

And a funny story. A car broke down close to the pub, so they pushed into the car park and rang the AA to send a van out. They then came in the pub, saw the strippers and told the AA not to hurry.