XX CLOSED AL3 3HB Junction9Exotic (former Waggon & Horses)

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED AL3 3HB Junction9Exotic (former Waggon & Horses)

Post by zante »

Friars Wash (A5), Flamstead, Hertfordshire. AL3 3HB 01582 841 932
How to get here:
Take the M1 until Junction 9. Follow signs to Dunstable along the A5. The Waggon and Horses is about a quarter of a mile along road on the right-hand side, just past a Shell Garage.
By Train:
Take ThamesLink service (Bedford-Brighton via Kings Cross ThamesLink) to Harpenden. The Waggon and Horses is a £10 taxi ride from the station.
Googlemaps

Car Parking: Ample car parking, patrolled and covered by CCTV. Lorry park next door for the bigger guy!

What's nearby: Hotels between the M1 and the pub. However, please don't try to walk back to the hotels on the opposite side to the pub at night - the road is very busy and very fast moving; also incredibly dark. Get a cab for a quid or so. Pub also offers rooms, ask at the bar.

Times:
Mon-Thurs 1pm-7pm x 2 girls
Mon-Thurs 4pm-10pm x 1 girl
Mon- Thurs 7pm-11pm x 2 girls
Fri 1pm-7pm x 3 girls
Fri 7pm-12am x 3 girls
Sat 1pm-7pm x 2 girls
Sat 4pm-10pm x 1 girl
Sat 7pm-11pm x 2 girls
SUNDAY 1 - 7pm.

Entrance fee: £3

Private dances available: £15

Dress code: Anything from suits to rigger boots
Clientelle: Anything from businessmen to lorry drivers. Also a fair amount of female visitors from both the village and further afield. A popular place for student girls to visit in small groups.

What to expect:
The entrance is on the left side of the pub, when viewed from the road, in the car park. Once inside the porch, you will meet the doorman and pay your entrance fee.
Step through to the bar and you have the private dance area to your immediate left, behind a net curtain. There's also lots of seats to your left. To your right, there's an L shaped seating area, with the bar infront of you.
The bar serves great beer, at normal pub prices. The staff are incredibly friendly and jovial. Perhaps the best pub on the scene for great staff.
As you stand at the bar, the L shaped seating goes down the right hand wall into the games area, where there's a few games machines and a pool table. In the pool room, the dancers changing room is on the right, the toilets are through the door to your left. (then turn right again as this is the back porch of the pub. You can't get out here though.)
Dancers have no stage to work with, so travel around the pub. No matter where you sit, you are guaranteed a good view.

The dancers are from the Entertease agency, which represents some of the most stunning girls on the scene at the moment. I'd say you could lay money on a great visit with some great dancers any time, any day.

Interesting features: Someone likes red paint and red carpets. The music system is loud to Concorde like proportions sometimes. There's a wacky collection of baseball caps.
Last edited by zante on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

There's now a dedicated website. Also on that website are details of the accomodation available at the pub, at a bargain £40 a night with free entrance to the pub. (Hotels down the road charge between £60 and £90 due to the location next to the M1.)
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

After not having been for ages, went into the Waggon and Horses last night. The place is slowly becoming more 'upmarket' - there's mirrors on the wall spaces now allowing you to see the dancers wherever they are. The seating is reupholstered in plush red.

Downside was there were two young guys behind the bar (damn, the barmaids were always stunning in this pub). But on the upside there was Anya, (who is very funny for a Polish girl - her indoors is Polish and wouldn't know a comedy moment if she got slapped in the face with a kipper!!) Lishma (who has stunning boobs and looks so great bent over when she's playing pool!) and the adorable Bliss (Who is a wonderful girl, with a great personality, simply in incredible shape, with legs that go on for ever and a butt to kill for!!)

I'd only intended on a swift half, but it ended up a 6 hour jobbie, really enjoyable!!!
Trainman
Mmmm Hello!

Post by Trainman »

Ah, yes, Anya.... I've only ever seen her at the Scotsman or the Queen Anne, but I should think a private dance with her would be something to remember.
She has a half-sister called Vicky, very pretty girl, but again only seen (by me at any rate) at the Scotsman these days.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Trip over to the Waggon and Horses last night. The amazing Bliss was there, with Bubbles, who's a climb on the tables kind of gal and Rio, with an amazing butt, who apparently is one half of a twin stripper act...

From July the 8th, the place opens Sundays, from 1pm to 7pm.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Since early July, the Waggon and Horses has been opening on a Sunday from 1 to 7 pm with 3 girls.

I noticed from the schedule that Rio was there so decided to pay a visit and try out a Sunday. There were only two girls there, only one who was on the schedule, but never mind... in typical Entertease style the girls were 5*, a great afternoon with some great girls, and just 6 punters, which made for some great dances.

Well worth checking out on a Sunday.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Sundays aren't on any more.

Closed from 23rd to 3rd for Chirstmas.

Had a really great evening here tonight. As always, truly 5* girls, including the fabulous Lishma, and relative newbie Gia, who really has to be seen to be believed! Phew.... ;)
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Hard to believe only I go to this pub! Another great night tonight with typical extremely high quality girls, including my fave Gia and Nikita - who's ideal for 'girls in glasses' fans ;)

It was very busy too tonight, together with a really good atmosphere. Only intending on a swift half, I ended up staying for 4 hours!
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Guess the lack of public transport puts some people off...however, I've been doing some digging around on the web and I've noticed that the local 34 bus (operated by Centrebus) runs through Flamstead from St Albans and Dunstable! Timetable here: http://www.centrebus.co.uk/H&BTT's/34-030907.html

Although not that frequent, the times of the services also tie in quite nicely with some Thameslink services:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/co ... tl_web.pdf

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/co ... monfri.pdf
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/co ... monfri.pdf

and pick up from right outside St Albans City station.

If it's all you crack it up to be (which I'm sure it is), I expect I'll be paying a visit in the not-too-distant future. However, their website isn't doing a very good job of loading right now!
Steve1000000
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by Steve1000000 »

Was up here mid-week and thought it was a great venue with old fashioned walk around strip + excellent PDs

The pub was ticking over nicely but not heaving. Three great girls: Cindy (Brazilian), Kirsty (Hungarian) and Topaz (UK).

All very friendly and happy to chat and not at all pushy re PDs (I had to ask them and they were all very good and great value at £15).

Shame it's out of town...but perhaps it's good because of that?
wheelie

Wheelchair access

Post by wheelie »

So, I'm going next week, first time at a strip bar :P What can anyone tell me about the entrance for a heavy powered wheelchair? Is it ramped?

Also, how blatantly is it a strip joint looking from the outside? Cuz my only mode of transport is a lift from my dad :shock:
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

My suggestion would be to not drive into the car park - as it's a very very steep hill. But if you pull onto the frontage of the pub, in front of the red wall you can see in the picture, then it's completely flat to the door. (which is on the very left of the picture.)There's no steps to inside, but there's a couple of door frames obviously.
There's always a bouncer on the door, so no doubt you'll get help through. Disabled toilet is in this doorway, on the right hand side, in that part you can see which looks like a porch in the pic. The pub has a couple of regular wheelchair customers.

The only sign of strip outside is a blackboard saying exotic dancers - again, you can see it in the picture at the left. If you get the car stopped on the right hand side of the pub you'll be far enough away not to notice it.

Hope that helps, feel free to give the place a ring, the folks there are really great and friendly. But sometimes the phone is difficult to hear, the music is very loud!
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Hey zante thanks for the awesome info. I did call them, but you're right it was really noisy and difficult to get my questions across. There's a bunch of lads from my workplace going there, I'll try to get one of them to meet me outside on arrival too for moral support :lol: BTW, if you come out of there, do you have to pay to get in again?

Also, do you mean there's a smallish lip to negotiate at the door and that's it? If so that shouldn't be a problem.

Looking forward to it, despite my embarrassment :oops: Do you know anything of the girls working there next Thursday night?
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

You can come out to smoke and go back in without paying. Yep, small lip at the door.

Here's the schedule- you have to make sure you're there plenty of time between 4 and 10 to catch Stephanie, she is Gorgeous (with a capital G! Though 99.9% of entertease girls are!) she's been on various things on the Adult Channel on tv.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Hi, went last night, great fun. Access was no problem whatsoever, very tiny lip at door but covered with a mat so hardly noticable. Had private dance from Stephanie, great figure but the other british girl (forget name) was much more game for a laugh at the tables so maybe made wrong choice but overall very good and new experience :D :shock:
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Glad you enjoyed yourself and things went well. Next step Hayes and Shoreditch!! :P
Thecolonel
Anatomy student

Post by Thecolonel »

Went in here a couple of Saturdays ago when staying at the hotel up the road before flying from Luton.

Thoroughly enjoyable evening - caught a shift change which was very pleasant. Some lovely up close walkaround dances, and was amused by the lace tablecloth blocking off the private dance area.

Also thought the lady behind the bar was extremely attractive. very efficient, friendly and welcoming - and she put obscure ABBA tracks on the jukebox - cool!
Flamboy
Make mine a D cup

Post by Flamboy »

Went here Saturday and Friday to catch the amazing Gia. She has an uncanny resemblance to Daisy Duke in some of her acts - at least how I'd have liked to have really seen Daisy Duke!!!

She has to be the best dancer to grace the Waggin, well worth a visit just to catch her.

There was a 'test how hard you can punch' machine being fitted Saturday; Gia can reach it with a high kick :) :)
Fat Controller
Mmmm Hello!

First visit

Post by Fat Controller »

Paid a first visit to the Waggon yesterday and very impressed! Yes there were some negatives - music far too loud, pub too dark and no real ale, but on the positive side two lovely and chatty girls dancing (should have been three apparently), excellent stage show in the round and very good vfm private dances. Would thoroughly recommend a visit if you can get there!
Fat Controller
TS_Jabroni
Front row perv

Post by TS_Jabroni »

Popped by a couple of days ago for the first time in ages. Fit girls, very good PDs, overall definitely worth dropping into if you are passing.

Recommended.
rick4859b
Make mine a D cup

Post by rick4859b »

Also made my first visit to this place this week. I was a bit apprehensive as it seems that it was once featured on a "Britain's Hardest Pubs" TV program :shock:
In the event, the customers were mostly just like myself - middle-aged middle-class baldies 8), plus some suits, and a biker who looked closer to his bus pass than to his first spliff :wink: Maybe things are different when the truckers drop by?
So, a relaxed atmosphere, and beer prices that were only slightly above normal - which was nice. Shame about the pub decoration: although in good condition, I will just say that it was... "different".
There's no stage so the girls danced between the customers, moving from one to the next and giving each customer a few seconds of attention. PDs, as indicated elsewhere, were good vfm.
Recommended.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Hmm has every strip pub been on a Britains hardest pubs then?! Trust me, the waggon, even before strip, has never been 'hard'. Before strip it was just - empty! The truckers I've seen in there are said middle aged baldies lol.

The biker looking guy is actually a big cheese in Entertease agency and is a really lovely chap.
Minx
Make mine a D cup

Post by Minx »

I've got my 1st shift at the Waggon today guys! 1pm - 7pm

Hope to see some of you there ;0)

xxxx
http://www.yazminxxx.com http://www.yazmintv.com http://www.theyazblog.net http://www.yazminx.com
buntycitron
Mmmm Hello!

Post by buntycitron »

Is this the most expensive strip pub in the south east?
3quid in and 15/dance
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by pleasure_seeker »

Is this the most expensive strip pub in the south east?
3quid in and 15/dance
Possibly, but the reviews are all very good, so they must be doing something right.