XX CLOSED AL3 3HB Junction9Exotic (former Waggon & Horses)

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
Tyke
Dearly departed

Post by Tyke »

venus100
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by venus100 »

After reading that I can guess what they are doing right. How long before the council jump in and start treating us like 5 y/o?
rick4859b
Make mine a D cup

Post by rick4859b »

The Great Smell Of Brute wrote:Guess the lack of public transport puts some people off...however, I've been doing some digging around on the web and I've noticed that the local 34 bus (operated by Centrebus) runs through Flamstead from St Albans and Dunstable! Timetable here: http://www.centrebus.co.uk/H&BTT's/34-030907.html

Although not that frequent, the times of the services also tie in quite nicely with some Thameslink services:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/co ... tl_web.pdf

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/co ... monfri.pdf
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/co ... monfri.pdf

and pick up from right outside St Albans City station.

If it's all you crack it up to be (which I'm sure it is), I expect I'll be paying a visit in the not-too-distant future. However, their website isn't doing a very good job of loading right now!
I tried out the 34 bus the other day. It works fine (although the service is only every hour or so); ask the driver for a fare to Flamstead, and get off at Chequer's Hill.
From the stop, you then walk along the main road 5mins to the Waggon&Horses. Contrary to another report here, there is a pavement so it's not suicidal ;-) However the road is very busy and I wouldn't recommend trying to cross it when you're drunk...

Once there, relax and enjoy 8) I spent a very nice hour or so there, 3 girls, one was pushy for dances, but the other 2 were fun to talk to and put on good dances.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Great afternoon session with Estee, Gia & Ruth.

Where were you guys?
buntycitron
Mmmm Hello!

Post by buntycitron »

heading there now ...
jd62

Post by jd62 »

First time here for four years. Has not changed aart from the flimsy net curtain loosely dividing an area for private dances.

Arrived at 6:30 on a Saturday and not exactly many customers. By 7:40 there were three girls for the evening shift (the audition dancer on the tease website was Dutch Daniele) and four customers.

This odd in the middle of nowhere venue somehow appeals to me as my idea of a strip pub.
jd62

Re: ** AL3 3HB Waggon and Horses

Post by jd62 »

Was back here earlier today. Very quiet afternoon few customers and those that did come tended not to stay that long. The positive was getting a private dance was very easy.

As I was there quite a while had plenty of the floor show as well. Good afternoon for me at least but not do for the girls.
Flamboy
Make mine a D cup

Post by Flamboy »

For some reason they have decided the blackout curtains aren't good enough and boarded over the windows. Now it looks derelict and totally unloved. Not sure if inside has changed; outside has definately lost 100% of its charm.
jd62

Post by jd62 »

The Waggon is undergoing big changes. The internals are being totally redeveloped albeit a little slowly. It is to become more like a club than the pub it has always been. Shame in a way as just fixing up the place would have been IMHO a better option. The description I was given was table service, three poles, bar on the left as you go in kitchen removed so as to make more space and no pool table. The girls will have a changing room upstairs.

I am here every two weeks with one of the girls and so have seen the slow changes already at the moment it looks inside rundown whilst they behind temporary plasterboard build the new bar.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Sounds like a genius move when a large proportion of trade is from the lorry park next door!
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Fat Controller
Mmmm Hello!

Waggon & Horses - Flamstead

Post by Fat Controller »

With all the changes taking place can anyone advise if private dance's are still available and if the quality is as high? Am thinking of visiting next Monday, but don't want a wasted journey..

Fat Controller
Fat Controller
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Can't comment on what goes on inside, but the exterior has gone from being bright orange to bright pink! :shock:
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

You're getting confused with The Vic :p It was bright red before - see pic on page one.
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

And now it's half clad in timber for that authentic swiss chalet next to a lorry park look.
jd62

Post by jd62 »

Has anyone else heard the rumour or more specifically can confirm, this venue is to close on Friday 30th September ?

Seems they had not accounted for the cost of the strip licence in turning into a club as part of the refurbishment.
liliya266
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by liliya266 »

As far as I know this is not true as I have bookings here to the new year.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

I very much doubt there is any truth in that rumour - Hertfordshire has a very low fee, which changed very little with the new regulations. It is changing from a pub to a club, which may be the reason why that rumour has come about.
jd62

Post by jd62 »

I doubted this myself, especially given the refurbishment and change to a club. However it does not surprise me they would overlook the change in the costs of a license.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Refurbishment complete.

Clearly marked as 'Exotic Dancers' outside.

Still open.

No longer has a live website.

No longer part of Tease. (In a move which surely has to be a point of no return in their slip from their position as premier agency; leaves them with just one full time pub)
Spartacus
Make mine a D cup

Post by Spartacus »

Does anyone have any idea how to find out who is performing and when?
Abdulh1962
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by Abdulh1962 »

eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

Things to note - stopped on my way up the M1 yesterday evening.

It's now all wood-clad outside, instead of that stylish red.

The refurb isn't complete inside - down the far end by the bogs the new chairs are still wrapped up, and it looks like the builders are still in! Present concerete floor finish is interesting, but provides a decent grip for shoes.

Definitely more of the look of a club than a pub, which may not be all bad.

Two poles in there now. Currently, seats are quite close to one: when Ali took a swing, she hit a drink. Well caught, that chap!

Entrance is £5, and all drinks except spirits, wine and champagne are £3. Makes a nonsense of my "lime and soda, I'm driving!"

Natalia and Ali were pretty good: with fewer than six of us in, they did six strips in an hour. Both young and nubile, and very happy.

Don't know about the private dance prices: now in a more solid booth near the bar, instead of the old net-curtained area. The website quoted above says £20 for PDS.

Well worth the stopping, and for a total of £14 it made a reasonable alternative to a couple of coffees at a service area.
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

A dancer told me that the house takes £9 out of every £20 private dance fee. Can this be true?

Vic
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I'm now told that in fact the house takes "only" £8 out of every £20, which is still scandalous.

My informant - a very popular dancer - says she worked there a few times, but not any more, because of the take. She drove some distance to be there, saving the hassle of public transport but can do better closer to her home.

(The WHHW takes £6 out of £20 but several popular girls have found the journey there , 50 or so minutes from Marylebone, too much.)

Vic
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Both charge a hefty house fee too.