XX CLOSED AL3 3HB Junction9Exotic (former Waggon & Horses)

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
zante
Site Admin

Re: ** AL3 3HB Waggon and Horses

Post by zante »

I really don't know what to think of this place any more. Used to be without a shadow of a doubt my favourite. It certainly only has a small fraction of the amount of cars in the car park these days. I just can't be bothered to try it out for some reason... I see this on today's rota.

DANCERS ON FRIDAY 17TH FEBRUARY ARE AS FOLLOWS
CHERRY
KATRINA
SUMMER
AMBER 1
NICOLE 2
SHARLEAN
NICOLE 3
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY A MUM AND DAUGHTER ON THE FLOOR AT THE SAME TIME
NOT TO BE MISSED
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Spartacus
Make mine a D cup

Re: ** AL3 3HB Waggon and Horses

Post by Spartacus »

Just seen their revamped website

An entrance fee of £5 is also off putting if you don't know the dancers.

I always thought it worked well there with the three record rotation of wait, collect and dance. Going to every 15 minutes will make a lot of empty time.
zante
Site Admin

Re: ** AL3 3HB Junction9Exotic - formerly Waggon and Horses

Post by zante »

The door fee used to be for paying for security supposedly - more now to subsidise the refit I guess. In day time, it used to be hours between dances somedays due to lack of punters, so having an increased number of girls seems daft.

Since the refit, whenever I've been past there's been no more than 6 or 7 cars on the park. With 6 dancers, barmaid, security....
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
buntycitron
Mmmm Hello!

Re: ** AL3 3HB Junction9Exotic (formerly Waggon and Horses)

Post by buntycitron »

made a 5pm midweek visit.
£5entry
£3 all drinks
£1collection

4 girls

refurb not quite complete but some very comfy chairs
Fat Controller
Mmmm Hello!

Post by Fat Controller »

Visited last Monday but was told by one of the regular dancers that the rules concerning private dance's were now much stricter - as a result I didn't have one. Does anyone know if this is true or if it is just one dancer deciding that she wants to impose new regulations?

Fat Controller
Fat Controller
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

Never been to this place myself, but most licensed venues that I know of are being careful nowadays, with councils, if not wanting to close them, keeping a closer eye on how they're run.

Vic
silverlink
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Re: **UB3 4NE The Victoria, Hayes near Heathrow

Post by silverlink »

Junction 9 ( ex Waggon and Horses ) could do with some fresh faces. The problem with that place is that the house fees are high and it can be very quiet some days, making it difficult for the girls to make a decent return.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

When they had an agent there was a pool of girls backing the place up - going it alone cut their pool massively. I doubt it will ever be like the good days.
TS_Jabroni
Front row perv

Post by TS_Jabroni »

Popped in the other day. Good selection of girls, good dances. Rapidly rising up my top 10 places to visit. I just wish that their rota was up further in advance...
silverlink

Post by silverlink »

I like the place too. It is a pity that, so often, it is very quiet. I can't help feeling that it needs to promote itself more. Word of mouth hasn't worked.

I'm told that the reason the website only shows the current day's dancers is because they don't actually know, more than a day or so ahead, which girls will want to work.
Fat Controller
Mmmm Hello!

Re:

Post by Fat Controller »

Has anyone heard anything of Cherry latterly Barbie? She used to be a regular here but suddenly disappeared off the radar.

FC
Fat Controller
silverlink

Re: Re:

Post by silverlink »

Cherry is on the rota for today.
Victor23
Top Dog

Re:

Post by Victor23 »

rick4859b wrote:Also made my first visit to this place this week. I was a bit apprehensive as it seems that it was once featured on a "Britain's Hardest Pubs" TV program :shock:

Don't think we've had

a link

to the episode in question?
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I told a dancer who works elsewhere about this clip; she commented:

"Just watched this clip. Lord it look horrible!! I mean that really is disgusting! Makes [my venue] appear as though we're living in a 5* hotel in the changing rooms ... Urgh all those horrendous men. Made me cringe to say the least."

Since the programme was made, the place has had a makeover, of course, but has the clientele improved?
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

I have been there both before and after the makeover of the pub.

Is it me? Or was it actually a nicer place before? I think the programme was emphasising the tough part: and playing for laughs.

But dancers' lib should rule, everywhere - decent changing room, and not having to pay for the music...

The one thing that is very definitely better - no ciggies any more. I'm a non-smoker, and cleaner air means you can see the dancers better!
Fat Controller
Mmmm Hello!

Post by Fat Controller »

I was horrified to hear that you are going to be putting up see through curtains to the private dance area. There is no way that I would pay to have a private dance if the whole pub could see what was happening and equally there is no way I would pay £130 for a dance in the VIP. Sounds as if you have lost a customer and I suspect some of the better dancers will vote with their feet as well.

Fat Controller
Fat Controller
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I showed the clip to another dancer who worked at the pub four or five years ago; she described the owner as "always grumpy and rude".

The girl is fastidious and elegant and looks better in her street clothes than a fair number of dancers with their kit off. She wasn't impressed with the changing conditions and didn't work there for long.
buntycitron
Mmmm Hello!

Post by buntycitron »

Popped in recently midweek afterwork.
Only about 6 customers in.
3 or 4 dancers on.
1 was hot, others were mediocre.
The decor and furniture has improved and the interior is pleasant enough.
£5 entry and £20 dances.
I think the private dance are 2 songs so there is a big wait between floor shows. Felt like 4 songs between dancers, which does mean you spend a few less pound coins.

Pricey, but not many alternatives in that locale.
TS_Jabroni
Front row perv

Post by TS_Jabroni »

Closed permanently, apparently. Shame - I was a fan!
saltydog
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by saltydog »

Gosh another of the old soldiers has fallen.

Anyone know any more?
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

More sad news, though I'd never been to the place, it being awkward for me to get to. It's still listed on the Tease website, with a link to the pub's own website. The last rota was for July 7. (There's also a gallery of small, discreet, photos of dancers.) The pub website refers to "further plans to improve in all areas planned for the next two years"...

I mentioned the closure to a long-serving dancer who's seen the decline in strip pubs in recent years. She still earns very good money, but she blames the Web for the decline. We briefly speculated as to which strip pub would survive the longest.

Tease's list of pubs also looks sad. Just the Flags at Chalvey and G's at Bicester (Wednesdays only). Time was when half-a-dozen venues were listed.
tryed again
I like naked ladies

Post by tryed again »

Only went there once (I guess before the refurb) and wasn't a fan, but still sad to see another venue disappear.
Scallywag

Re: ?? AL3 3HB Junction9Exotic (formerly Waggon and Horses)

Post by Scallywag »

Just read the news - sad to hear another venue has gone

I only visited once and found it quite awkward to get to by public transport, a train from London and then a fairly expensive taxi to the venue. Simply wasn't worth the hassle to get there for me.
silverlink

Post by silverlink »

I drove past this evening. The lights were on and there were cars in the car park. Reports of its death may be premature.
sinless69uk

Post by sinless69uk »

The mystery deepens. Website is dated 2017.

http://www.junction9exoticdancers.co.uk/home