XX CLOSED CM1 1TS Cave Nightclub, Chelmsford

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED CM1 1TS Cave Nightclub, Chelmsford

Post by zante »

Open Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays, 8pm 'till 2am and it is FREE entry before 10

Topless dances on stage opposite the bar every 10 minutes from 25 girls each night. A fully nude private dance starts at just £10. (which would suggest it's more sometimes) Opposite Chelmsford Train Station.

17-20 Viaduct Road, (Entrance In Park Road, Opposite The Railway Station), Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1TS. 01245 349262

Website
jd62
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: ** CM1 1TS Cave Nightclub, Chelmsford

Post by jd62 »

Visited here for the first time last Friday, big place loads of girls I would guess about 30. Drink prices are reasonable and the free entry before 10PM does aattact a number of people just before the 10PM deadline.

If you want a private dance the girl of your choice will take you to a small counter to pay, you can either choose a £10.00 2 minute dance or a £20.00 5 minute fully nide dance, Almost all dances purchased were the £10.00 variety a couple of girls confirmed this for me meaning as the club take £2.00 per dance the girls really hassle to get as many dances as possible, however on the upside there is no jug collection and I did get to see a couple of very good pole shows.

Not somewhere I would make an effort to go to unless there was a group of you.
Thecolonel
Anatomy student

Post by Thecolonel »

zante wrote: Opposite Chelmsford Train Station.
It's a railway station in the United States of Kingdom not a train station, old boy! :mrgreen:
carlmurphy_2009

Post by carlmurphy_2009 »

I must start by saying this place has moved - It is further along the viaduct, and has been for about a year and a half. I used to go there a lot, when it was near the station.

Its a small venue, since moving, and reminds me of going into a house. There is a small room and bar, and a corridor and chairs, that go into another small room and bar. The dances take place upstairs now, and at the top of the stairs, there is a vip area - £60 1/2 hour. Then you go left and there are 2 steps and a counter - Pay for the dances there - Then another 2 steps, and into the dance area. Lot of bother, tbh. But not much room - not as big as other venue, and there was no room to put pole in.

Club takes £2.50 from dancers, from those £10 private dance's. The club have that place for 9 years - Heard the council needed the other place back. Dont think they are making much money, as there were almost no punters. In the old days, the place was rammed - But at 8.30, on a Saturday in Janurary, I got there and first punter in. They had about 9 punters that evening, and I left at around 10.15. There was one dancer ready, at 8.30. 3 more turned up (all brunettes), by around 9.30. They got around 7 dancers, each evening. In the old days, they had up to 15 dancers, and they were ready at 8.00

I didnt buy a dance, all evening, but instead, spoke to 3 punters about the old days there. In the old days I'd get hammered to buy dances, but only one dancer approached, and accepted when I turned her away.

I remember trying this place in 2006, 4 times. I went back in September 2011, and went there a lot up to February 2012. Every dancer assumed that I'm going to buy a dance (the earlier member on here that said 'go in a group', was absolutely right) - You were easy meat, on your own to most. Just couldnt get rid of some of them. And once one of them pushed me into a vip before christmas, soon there was another after a vip (a dancer I liked, so I didnt mind buying), but soon after buying from 5 different dancers, it was time to leave, as they were 'expecting it' every time I went there, and I just couldnt have a quiet night. Its much better since the clubs reinvention, in that respect.

Best dancers in the old days - Summer, blonde dancer (didnt catch name), Britney (blonde at time), Katie - Those dancers not pushy. I also liked Amy

Most grief from Honey, Sammie, Faye - Sometimes just wanted a quiet night, and it got ruined
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Apparently, the Cave's owner Joe Ferrari is looking to move the club to a more central location on the High Street:

Chelmsford's The Cave strip club set for High Street move (Essex Chronicle, 12/03/15)
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

Joe Ferrari had something to say about

this request

that a proposed rival club allow touching.

(OK, the article is nine months old, but I've only just come across it.)

Despite the sensationalist headline, the suggested "touching" would have been only a handshake and a kiss, which, I think, are allowed in most venues, though not at the White Horse in Shoreditch in its later days.
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Local government at its most sane and sensible. :lol:
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by pleasure_seeker »

Apparently this venue closed down in May.

News

The headline in the report claims that it was 'Chelmsford's only strip club' but that isn't right as there is another one called Tantalize still operating.