XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: ** SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Post by pleasure_seeker »

Foresters is now appearing on the Tease agency website. They must be taking some girls from this agency as well as their own girls.
pleasure_seeker

There has been a change to the shift pattern at Foresters on Fridays and Saturdays - now two shifts instead of three.

First shift has 2 girls and lasts from 2pm to 8pm; second shift from 8pm till 1am with 4 girls.

Other days as before - one shift in the evening with 2 girls.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I'm not surprised really, I've not been since January but attendance was pretty low in the preceding months and it seems that has continued.

Has anyone been recently? Be interested to hear any observations
pleasure_seeker

I visited a few weeks ago, late afternoon on a Friday. First visit for 6 months or more, the place looked exactly same as before. Bar staff were reasonably friendly this time. It was very quiet - there were only about half a dozen customers in. One of them had brought his dog with him. It was harmless enough although not contributing to the jug, as far as I know. :?

Only one dancer present - Lily. I had a couple of private dances with her - pleasant as always. But there wasn't much incentive to stick around.
pleasure_seeker

The re-developers of the site where Foresters stands now aiming to start work early in new year -

£100million Marine Plaza development in Southend to be started after Christmas
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Sad if this is the end for the Foresters - though in some respects it does need to be put out of its misery :(
tyred again
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by tyred again »

Agreed, it was pretty unenjoyable the last time I was there in July. At least the Cornucopia has a friendly atmosphere to it.
pleasure_seeker

The re-development, which was due to start in January, has been pushed back to April (at the earliest?) so Foresters carries on for now.
delays

developer's response
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Reading the October article, the developer only said work would start 'early next year' which the newspaper took as being after Christmas.

The continued vagueness of a start date does add to the theory that the developer is stalling works, with their real intention to sell the land.

Anyone been to the Foresters this year? The pub's Facebook page has barely been updated this year, with this week being the first rota published.
pleasure_seeker

Scallywag wrote:Anyone been to the Foresters this year?
I've been once this year. Your comment above about needs to be put out of its misery continues to apply. :(
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Thanks for the information, they seem to have practically given up on updating their Facebook page!
pleasure_seeker

Foresters Arms, Southend, to close to make way for Marine Plaza

"Pub set to close to make way for a £100million seafront scheme.
Landlord of the Foresters Arms has been served notice to vacate the premises on the site of the Marine Plaza development."
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Sad to hear but it was only a matter of time I suppose. Given how quiet it is there nowadays, you would think it would be struggling to pay its bills anyway.

I often think, if anyone wanted to write about the rise and fall of the strip pub scene, the Foresters would make a perfect example.
tyred again

Post by tyred again »

My only fond memory of the place was more than five years ago, as where I first the now retired (?) Christie. As a very infrequent visitor since then, the only regret I have about its passing is that the number of venues (as opposed to their quality) has further decreased.
pleasure_seeker

tyred again

Post by tyred again »

So the Cornucopia will become the only game in town.
pleasure_seeker

Well, it will be the only strip pub. There are a couple of clubs - Entice and Sunset - which I believe are still operating.
pleasure_seeker

An update on the Foresters Facebook page states that they are closing down on June 9th.

Southend pub confirms it will shut to make way for £150m seafront development
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Sad, but it's done well to last this long. It's probably lasted 2/3 years longer than expected.

The pub seemed to have been making money still as the developers had to threaten legal action to get the tenants to leave, according to the local rag. Must have been the rock and roll bands bringing in the punters!

Does anyone know if they are doing anything special to mark the closure? Considered one last visit but not sure I'd like to go if it's still very quiet.
ruffieuk

Post by ruffieuk »

Had to visit Southend this afternoon and managed to pop in for the penultimate business day - four girls working this afternoon and reasonable but sparse crowd. Two imho were reasonable, one stunning and last one not to my taste but most successful in the private dance arena whilst i was there - sadly duty (and a desire not to see the fourth naked) caused me to leave early without identifying any names as all looked like they were concentrating on regulars.

Of note was that of the three dancers I saw two stopped at topless and the third did a pole dance rather than the walkabout anticipated.

Place itself didnt look much different from my last visit about five years ago. Sad to see it depart as it represents a different era.

Personally expect that the site will be quickly cleared but the development will be deferred owing to "Brexit uncertainty" as the terms "Luxury apartments" and "Southend" still don't go together!
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I was in there too for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon, my first visit for nearly 18 months. I'd not seen the pole in there before, didn't think it would work at first but gives a nice alternative to the walk about at times

I agree with ruffieuk's views on the girls working, to be honest the standard has generally gone down over the years as the pub's popularity waned. There also seem to be fewer walkabouts / stage dances as the girls concentrate on PDs

I thought some more of the 'regulars', who congregate around the back of the bar, would be in attendance but that area was relatively sparse.

The pub had been emptied a little, the pool tables had gone, along with one of the tables and the posters / prints from the walls.

It's a shame to see the pub go, but from a dancing point of view, it had had its day. The music nights seemed to be more popular in recent times.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Sad to hear that the premises were on fire overnight. Second time in a week.

Amazing how many former pubs get set alight when developers get involved.
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Yes, pubs have a tendency to become significantly more flammable under such circumstances! :wink:
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

The building doesn't look very well secured, looking at the photos on the local rag's website.

Surely the windows should be boarded up to prevent intruders breaking in.
ruffieuk

Re: XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Post by ruffieuk »

Found this article about how the area has improved after the demise of the venue...

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/177665 ... -seafront/

obviously the area has improved greatly since the demise of the strip pub allowing children to freely go about their business and women no longer get leered at by strange men...