XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
Scallywag
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: ** SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Post by Scallywag »

saltydog wrote:If it was Dutch Danielle (and she does dance there,) and she was the younger of the two then the other girl must have been how old?
I am guessing the other 'girl' was Jenny (dark hair, I imagine about mid 40s). She used to work in the Ship / Image next door. I think it's fair to say she is a long way past her best!
pleasure_seeker

Post by pleasure_seeker »

I didn't catch her name, but the description sounds right.
She was friendly to talk to and would have been good working behind the bar, say. Just (in my view) a bit too mature to be still stripping.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Probably was her. She does seem to attract her fair share of followers still, though she doesn't seem very friendly to me! Maybe my dislike of her looks is too apparent!

I've nothing against someone her age stripping, but she doesn't look very good for her age imho.
pleasure_seeker

Here are the plans for redevelopment of the seafront area where Foresters is located

article
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

So it looks as if the developers have finally bought the Foresters! :( It was always going to happen of course, just a matter of time.

We must enjoy the Foresters while we still can! I had heard some time ago that the dancing would move to another bar along the seafront, so perhaps this will still be the case.

I wonder if the new development will include a space for a 'New Foresters'?! ;)
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Went in yesterday for a quick pint just after opening. Up to a few years ago on a Friday, dancing was in full swing at 1pm with a decent crowd, but nowadays there isn't enough custom to start floor shows until later. One of the dancers approached me about 1.30 then after a nice long chat we had a private dance. I had to go about 2pm, at which point there were 3 other punters in the bar.

A few notices around the bar gave the times for dancers:

Tues / Weds 8.30pm - 11pm (hardly seems worth the girls turning up!)
Thurs 8.30pm - midnight
Fri / Sat 1pm - 1am
Sun 1pm - 4.30pm

As well documented in this thread, the new development will be starting soon so I suspect the pub may well close after Christmas
pleasure_seeker

Coincidentally, I was also there yesterday (Friday), a bit later than Scallywag and saw the last hour of the afternoon shift and the first hour of the middle shift. The girls on the afternoon shift said it had been very quiet. About 5 punters in when I arrived. There were 3 dancers - the inevitable Jenny; one young, quite friendly, local girl and an attractive dark-haired woman from the Czech Republic. Two dancers on the middle shift, but not my type, both blondes – one large and one very large. There were about a dozen customers in by 5.30pm.
Scallywag wrote: As well documented in this thread, the new development will be starting soon so I suspect the pub may well close after Christmas
Yes, there were also posters near the stage advertising events around Xmas time so agree that v. unlikely to close before then.
My understanding is that the developers have proposals on the table but don’t yet have planning permission for them. Given the scale of the proposals – including a 14-storey block of flats – there could be a fair bit of opposition which (we might hope) would delay things for a while. So, optimistically, the Foresters could well survive some time into next year rather than going straight after Xmas. But we shall see..
JSD53UK
Mmmm Hello!

Post by JSD53UK »

I was talking to Danielle and she says that she has a handful of Foresters bookings to the end of January. They can always be cancelled but perhaps it means the place is good for a bit longer.
JSD53UK
Mmmm Hello!

Post by JSD53UK »

I am planning to visit Sarfend on Wednesday.

Does anyone know if Foresters have executed Plan B yet?
sgtt

Post by sgtt »

His music isn't that bad, surely?
JSD53UK
Mmmm Hello!

Post by JSD53UK »

Tee hee.

No, I just wondered if they have moved to the other pub yet but just got a text from Danielle saying she is there on Thursday.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

JSD53UK wrote:Tee hee.

No, I just wondered if they have moved to the other pub yet but just got a text from Danielle saying she is there on Thursday.
I heard a couple of months ago that the move wasn't going to happen as the owners of the Foresters no longer own the other pub. Not sure if this is 100% or not.

Heard another rumour more recently that the pub may be around for another 18 months but again not sure how accurate this is.
pleasure_seeker

An update on the plans to redevelop the site where Foresters is located.

Earlier this month Southend Council’s planning committee voted to defer the development plans. Details can be found here.

The deferral is likely to last at least until the summer. That makes it unlikely that any actual building work could start before next year.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Some shock news - the Foresters is being decorated! Was there at the weekend, and noticed a few changes, notably some fridges behind the bar (First time ever I think!), a Jagermeister dispenser on the bar and a fridge on the bar filled with 'Pussy' energy drink!

Looking around, the posters / pictures had been taken off the walls. For a second, I was thinking they were getting ready for closure, but then the changes behind the bar dispelled that. One of the girls did confirm the pub was being decorated.

Presumably, the Foresters will be around for a little while yet!
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

A further update on the Foresters, was talking to a dancer I know there and new management have more plans for it!

There is a now a smart sign above the private dance area, and inside the private dance area, the benches have been recovered. Apparently, there are also plans to add a VIP area!

Quite surprising, given the widely publicised development plans!
I-full

Post by I-full »

Indeed the VIP area has been installed. It's a 10' x 5' cubicle by the entrance door at the end furthest from the stage. Prices £60 for 15mins, £100 for 30mins. Can't remember the price for an hour. Dances also listed as £15 for one record and £20 for two. Not seen inside yet. The pricing differentials between weekday and weekend sessions have disappeared.
one more and I'm off...
pleasure_seeker

Foresters – the only venue with a VIP area and outdoor toilets? :lol:
I-full

Post by I-full »

Toilets designed with enough standing room for a whole coach load of day trippers!
one more and I'm off...
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I-full wrote:Indeed the VIP area has been installed. It's a 10' x 5' cubicle by the entrance door at the end furthest from the stage. Prices £60 for 15mins, £100 for 30mins. Can't remember the price for an hour. Dances also listed as £15 for one record and £20 for two. Not seen inside yet. The pricing differentials between weekday and weekend sessions have disappeared.
Having a VIP area seems strange to me when there are often only 2 dancers a shift, suppose both girls gain if one is in the VIP area.

Am tempted to go along but I don't tend to go there during the summer season due to the behaviour of the day trippers!
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

First visit in many years this evening.

Three girls. One blonde, one brunette and a girl with very big tits.

Each pulled the top of their dress down before dancing and bottom half up shortly afterwards.

Very little tease.

Left after 3 girls performed.

Promises is probably not the best name for the agency providing the girls.

Certainly not going to attract VIP business.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

That's not the experience I usually find, though I haven't been there for a few months now as I don't tend to go there during the summer.

You may have just been unlucky with that particular shift.
I-full

Post by I-full »

I'm afraid Crusty's experience is fairly typical of the standard over recent weeks. I think the move is towards making the walk rounds mainly topless with full nude reserved for PDs. There is a brisk trade in the latter although. I have yet to witness anyone venturing into VIPland.

Maybe it's because of the summer season and the irregular customers. Let's see what happens after the end of the season as the owners seem keen to keep it as a strip pub.
one more and I'm off...
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

I-full wrote:I think the move is towards making the walk rounds mainly topless with full nude reserved for PDs.
Because offering customers less for the same money is such a good business strategy! :roll:
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

After my usual summer hiatus, I made my first visit since May to the Foresters last night. I've been going to the pub for about 15 years but last night was only my second evening visit!

I wasn't sure what to expect after recent reports, but I was pleasantly surprised. Dancing started around 8, just one girl to start before 2 more soon followed. Good standard, all could easily work in Browns. The walk around dances seemed to return to how they were, fully nude and the girls did offer mini PDs as they danced round.

I even saw one guy go into the VIP area!

On the down side, the girls didn't seem that bothered about PDs - think they are £12 Mon-Weds and then £15 for rest of week. I wasn't approached for a private dance in the hour I was there, though one did come over for a few minute chat at one point. The girls seemed quite relaxed about the gaps between the walk about dances too, there was a steady 10 punters or so in there, so you would think they would try to get some money in the fairly short 3 hour shift.

All in all, the girls seemed a better standard than previously, but the place still seems a bit flat, with the mostly single punters spread out over the pub.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I went along again on Saturday and was a bit disappointed, following my encouraging visit 10 days earlier.

When I arrived just after 2.30, I was pleasantly surprised to see the pub busy, with about 30 punters in. Unfortunately the 2 dancers didn't seem keen to make the most of the surprise custom. In 2 hours, I only saw 3 stage dances! This was mainly because one of the girls seemed more interested in talking to (and having a few PDs with) the regulars who sit in one of the areas behind the bar. To be fair the other girl was a bit more motivated, but not in the same way you would expect for dancers who are there to make money.

As ever the management weren't bothered about keeping the stage dancers going, so thumbs down to them too.

I will think twice about going there again on a Saturday afternoon, maybe I will stick to the odd weeknight in Southend, combined with a trip to the Cornucopia.