XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
Victor23
Top Dog

Re: ** SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Post by Victor23 »

I can't speak for the website's reliability, but another dancer who's known Kat for years says that she herself is very reliable.
Nick Bucks
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by Nick Bucks »

Thanks Victor. The weather will need to warm up though before I venture to the coast.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Nick Bucks wrote:Any regulars know if The Foresters rota can be relied upon as this will be a long trip for me ?
Yes the Foresters Facebook page is reliable, and is updated if required during the week. Kat is reliable too, though the line up for Saturday looks decent overall anyway.
Nick Bucks

Post by Nick Bucks »

Thank you Scallywag.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Scallywag wrote: I am planning to try the VIP room next, unlike the London venues you don't need to buy champagne / spirits beforehand.
Well I finally gave the VIP room a try. It starts at £60 for 15 minutes, for basically an extended private dance. However unlike the London venues, it is a self contained room with no distractions and you don't need to buy champagne.

Having not tried a VIP experience before, I wasn't sure what to expect but I enjoyed it more than I imagined, the room is comfortable and you forget you are in a run down pub in Southend. More importantly the dancer I took in there with me is fast becoming one of my all time favourites so made it all the more enjoyable.
pleasure_seeker

Post by pleasure_seeker »

So I tried searching for an update on what is happening with the re-development of the site on which Foresters is situated.

This seems to be the latest:
£60m Marine Plaza proposal stalls - despite permission granted in 2015

Quite encouraging news for those who would prefer that Foresters carry on and not be replaced by a 14-storey block of flats.
gary_utk
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by gary_utk »

Took a trip to the Foresters for the first time in years; when I got there at 4 pm there was only one other customer, so no striptease :-(. It picked up at 5 pm when 6 boisterous suits who looked like they were regulars walked in. At least the stripping started then, and I enjoyed the walkabouts.

I had a couple of private dances which were good, but was surprised that they have introduced a scheme where you have to buy a token from the bar £15 for one dance, £25 for two.

With a pint of Fosters at £3.60 an enjoyable afternoon, even with the slow start.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

gary_utk wrote:I had a couple of private dances which were good, but was surprised that they have introduced a scheme where you have to buy a token from the bar £15 for one dance, £25 for two.
For what it's worth, the Foresters has had a token scheme as long as I've been going there, around 15 years. I think it's so they can take their cut on each private dance sold.
samara
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by samara »

Strange, I have been there four times in the last two years and never had to buy a token.
gary_utk
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by gary_utk »

Scallywag wrote: For what it's worth, the Foresters has had a token scheme as long as I've been going there, around 15 years. I think it's so they can take their cut on each Private Dance sold.
I have not been there too many times, 6 or 7 over the last 10 years, I wonder if they base the token scheme on how old or young you look :-)
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

tbf I rarely see the token scheme used either...
charming

Lily at Forresters

Post by charming »

Can anyone confirm is this the same Lily from flags and used to work at Queen Ann?
Scallywag

Re: Lily at Forresters

Post by Scallywag »

Yes it's the same girl
tryed again
I like naked ladies

Re: Lily at Forresters

Post by tryed again »

It might be the same non-sentient object, but surely she's the same girl.
pleasure_seeker

Maybe so, but Lily did seem quite robotic when I saw her.

No complaints about the body work but she had seemingly only been programmed with two phrases in English.

"Would you like a private dance?". And then, after I'd had a dance, "would you like another private dance?". As Foresters was almost empty I thought she might have tried a bit harder with the conversation.

In fairness, I've only seen her once or twice - perhaps she is friendlier with more regular customers.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I've not seen her for some time however I've always found Lily to be friendly, and always happy to have a good chat before a private dance.
charming

Post by charming »

Thanks for the reply guys. well I may take a look at Forresters to see if it's her. Not that I have ever been to this establishment but I'm sure seeing lily body again will make the trip more worthwhile.

From my own perspective she was always very chatty even when not doing private dances.Though I did always go private dance without even being asked so guess I never got to see her robotic side.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Annoyingly the pub hasn't updated the dancers' rota on Facebook for the last 2 weeks, although this week an advert for new dancers was posted.

Here's a link to the pub's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/forestersarmsa ... rtainment/
charming

Post by charming »

Had a venture out to this establishment as wanted to see if it was the Lilly I used to know from flags and the Queen Anne.

Place is a bit rough but was there for aniut 10mins and can confirm it was Lily from the Queen Anne .

So was pleased to say she took my mind away from the decor of the place and was a very nice time.

Would go back but not for the friendly bar saff lol.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Agreed both the decor and the service at the bar leave much to be desired.
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I understand that Pantera is returning to Foresters after some years' absence and will be there tomorrow, though she's not named on the rota, unless she's "new girl Eris".
pleasure_seeker

According to this article {newspaper report} the company behind the Marine Plaza scheme has been trying to quietly sell off the land.
So any threat of redevelopment for the area around, and including, Foresters would seem to be receding ever further into the distance.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Yes the immediate threat of redevelopment does seem to have been reduced. The council would, it seems, like to take over the site but don't have the money by the look of it.

I think the biggest threat to the Foresters is the dwindling customer numbers. I don't go that often now myself but this year does seem to have been pretty quiet.
pleasure_seeker

Another update from the local paper on the redevelopment plans.

Time running out for Marine Plaza plans in Southend
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Though a later article seems to more positive about the development going ahead

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1618875 ... afront___/