XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
Scallywag
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: ** SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Post by Scallywag »

Paid a visit on Thursday evening, got there for the start at 8pm. 4 girls on, about 10 punters. 3 of the 4 girls were ok looking I thought, though the walk about dances didn't inspire me to have any PDs. One girl did seem to recognise me, though I couldn't place her!

I have come across a Facebook page for this pub, you can also link to it from the Promises website. This does give a rota, something I've missed for the past few years. Now I just need to put some faces to names!
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Scallywag wrote:I have come across a Facebook page for this pub, you can also link to it from the Promises website. This does give a rota, something I've missed for the past few years. Now I just need to put some faces to names!
Care to post the relevant links to this thread, for the benefit of other members?
pleasure_seeker

Post by pleasure_seeker »

Thanks to Scallywag for making us aware of this - it's good to have a website containing rotas for Foresters.

Promises Strip Agency is here http://www.promises-agency.co.uk/

The link to Foresters can be easily found there.

Or directly from here:
Foresters
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Sorry for not posting the link yesterday and thanks pleasure_seeker for doing the honours.

I went along to the Foresters yesterday afternoon, more in hope than expectation. In the past the last Saturday before Christmas was a good session in the Foresters from mid afternoon onwards but in recent years it doesn't feel the same. Yesterday I arrived about 2.30pm and there was a decent crowd in, about a dozen punters. 3 dancers, not a great selection IMHO but each to their own. Unfortunately the crowd gradually petered out, leaving just the usual group of regulars in the back corner and me and 1 or 2 others.

Things stayed quiet until around 4.45pm when a few groups appeared together and it livened up a bit. The 2nd shift of 4 girls was a step up from the first so it probably pays to arrive a bit later

I would advise anyone thinking of going on a Saturday afternoon to arrive fairly later afternoon, about 3.45, to catch the end of the first shift and then the start of the second.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I have made a couple of visits to the Foresters so far this year, both on Tuesday evenings. Both nights have been very quiet. There were 2 or 3 other punters for a time on my first visit so there were a couple of walk about dances, but on my last visit there was just 2 of us, so no walk about. Fortunately on each occasion the girls have been happy to chat.

Looking at the pub's Facebook page, there seem to be fewer girls dancing on most shifts. 2 girls Mon-Weds, 3 on Thurs, and 2 just during the daytime shifts on Friday / Saturday. Guess the lack of customers is behind this.

Has anyone else been along this year?
I-full

Post by I-full »

To be fair, the management does seem to be making an effort to promote the venue what with the interior redecoration, the VIP booth and the re covering of the leather bench in the private dance area. The fb page gives us a rota which we have not had before. The dancers seem happy to entertain the few of us who turn out in the slack times, making up for it when the pub gets lively on Friday and Saturday nights.

Of course the pub is always under threat from the greed of the developers who propose a mega build on the surrounding plot. Notwithstanding these factors I can only conclude the the tastes of the average bloke have moved on from the times when the Foresters on Friday lunchtimes was packed out. Nevertheless I commend the efforts to persist with an offering that always was and still is unique. Savour it before it goes for ever, there will never be another.
one more and I'm off...
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Agreed, I think as well that as we work longer hours, fewer of us have time / inclination to go to somewhere like the Foresters on a weeknight or even Friday lunchtime. I also hear colleagues, when the subject of strip pubs / clubs is brought up, dismissing them as they are a rip off (though this may be a smokescreen!)

i am still enjoying the venue, even now as it is well past its best.
harryflowers
Shoreditch is my second home

Post by harryflowers »

With the imminent demise of The White Horse, Shoreditch I've decided to venture further afield. This is my first visit to The Foresters in a few years.

Arrived just after 9pm, things didn't look too promising. About seven punters in and two of those were on the pool table. Things soon changed for the better though as post 9:30pm more punters appeared and I ended up having a great chat with two of the strippers Kylie and Emma (four strippers on in total). Had a £15 private dance with Kylie, air dance only but Kylie was absolutely charming and looked gorgeous. It was lack of time that prevented me having a private dance with Emma, but I look forward to that in future.

It was great to be in an old school walkabout strip venue (my favourite of type of strip) albeit the strip rounds take place at a leisurely pace. And this place really could do with an online Rota. Kylie tells me the place picks up once the pubs close at 11pm. And, although by no means certain, it looks like closure may be on the cards September this year.

I get the impression that if you want to get the most out of The Foresters (and neighbouring Corny) and don't live locally, you're probably best to book a B&B and make a night of it. Although I live in East London, I still had to make a beeline for the train at 11ish when I really wanted to stick around. I'll return soon though, The Foresters combined with The Corny made for a surprisingly enjoyable Friday night.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

harryflowers wrote:With the imminent demise of The White Horse, Shoreditch I've decided to venture further afield. This is my first visit to The Foresters in a few years.

Arrived just after 9pm, things didn't look too promising. About seven punters in and two of those were on the pool table. Things soon changed for the better though as post 9:30pm more punters appeared and I ended up having a great chat with two of the strippers Kylie and Emma (four strippers on in total). Had a £15 Private Dance with Kylie, air dance only but Kylie was absolutely charming and looked gorgeous. It was lack of time that prevented me having a Private Dance with Emma, but I look forward to that in future.

It was great to be in an old school walkabout strip venue (my favourite of type of strip) albeit the strip rounds take place at a leisurely pace. And this place really could do with an online Rota. Kylie tells me the place picks up once the pubs close at 11pm. And, although by no means certain, it looks like closure may be on the cards September this year.

I get the impression that if you want to get the most out of The Foresters (and neighbouring Corny) and don't live locally, you're probably best to book a B&B and make a night of it. Although I live in East London, I still had to make a beeline for the train at 11ish when I really wanted to stick around. I'll return soon though, The Foresters combined with The Corny made for a surprisingly enjoyable Friday night.
I agree about an overnight stay if you don't live locally. I keep meaning to do this while the Foresters is still there. The Hope Hotel (a few doors along from the Cornuopia) seems reasonable though I have not stayed there myself.

You can also then include the Sunset Club in the schedule should you wish.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I was planning to go elsewhere on Saturday, but a last minute check of the rota made me change my mind and take a trip to Southend. The power of keeping an up to date rota!

There were 3 girls on the first shift, one more than usual, with a 4th starting at 3. This 4th girl then stays on when the second shift starts at 4.30.Having the additional girl certainly made me more keen to make the trip. All 4 girls were friendly and chatty, and a steady crowd created a friendly atmosphere. A small, lively group did start to complain about continuing to pay £1 per dance but they left shortly after.

PDs on a Friday / Saturday are £15 for one or £25 for 2. I had a private dance with 2 girls, which are air dances but still closer than at Browns / Griffin. A crowd of regulars tend to congregate at one corner of the bar and do often monopolise the PDs, so it's best to ask for a private dance when a dancers does her walkabout dance.

There seem to be some new girls appearing here at the moment, who for me are a better standard than the girls dancing earlier this year.
nobby

Post by nobby »

where can I find the rota nowadays?
I-full

Post by I-full »

scroll up five posts
one more and I'm off...
zelma
Anatomy student

Post by zelma »

https://www.facebook.com/forestersarmsa ... rtainment/

I recognise the names Christie (who I know works there), Claudia, Yana, Julia and Lily from the White Horse. I don't know for sure that these are the same girls (with same names) as those at the Horse, but given Christie already worked there and the other four seemingly started at the Foresters recently, I think I am making a reasonable inference...

If only Southend were nearer, although I am tempted at some point to head down there. Never been to Southend anyway so it is another experience I guess!! I would have to be on a Friday or Saturday though.
nobby

Post by nobby »

thanks but I stay away from Facebook as 1. I detest it and 2. they keep bothering me if I ever go on it.
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

You can read that page without logging into Facebook, or even being a member.

Facebook will try to get you to sign up, but you can see the rota and other stuff without doing so.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

zelma wrote:https://www.facebook.com/forestersarmsa ... rtainment/

I recognise the names Christie (who I know works there), Claudia, Yana, Julia and Lily from the White Horse. I don't know for sure that these are the same girls (with same names) as those at the Horse, but given Christie already worked there and the other four seemingly started at the Foresters recently, I think I am making a reasonable inference...

If only Southend were nearer, although I am tempted at some point to head down there. Never been to Southend anyway so it is another experience I guess!! I would have to be on a Friday or Saturday though.
Yana and Christie did work at the White Horse, however Julia and Lily are not the same girls as the ones you are thinking of. I'm not sure about Claudia though.
zelma
Anatomy student

Post by zelma »

Thanks very much for your knowledge about this, much appreciated.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

was told last Sunday that the 3 months notice to quit the premises has not been issued as yet.

Reprieve for a while longer.
gnok

Post by gnok »

Crusty030354 wrote:was told last Sunday that the 3 months notice to quit the premises has not been issued as yet.

Is there still a treat of the pub being lost in re-development plans?
I will definitely do a Southend visit when I'm in London next month.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

gnok wrote:
Crusty030354 wrote:was told last Sunday that the 3 months notice to quit the premises has not been issued as yet.

Is there still a treat of the pub being lost in re-development plans?
I will definitely do a Southend visit when I'm in London next month.
I'm afraid the pub is right in the middle of the redevelopment area so it is only a matter of time before it disappears, though it looks as if we have at least 3 more months to enjoy it.

I would recommend a visit while you can, certainly different to the central London pubs. As mentioned previously, a weekday evening visit would allow you to take in the Cornucopia as well.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I was there last Saturday afternoon during their 'Halloween Extravaganza' weekend. Although the pub was decorated in the Halloween spirit, and the dancers had halloween inspired costumes, it was pretty much the same as usual. No extra girls or extra events for Halloween so I'm not sure what the 'Extravaganza' was!

The signs for the VIP room have been improved. Previously the prices were advertised on typed sheets of A4 paper, so not readable from very far away. Now a couple of clear signs have been put up,and it was interesting to note a couple of punters decided to treat themselves to using the VIP room, more than I've seen in over a dozen previous visits combined. Prices seem fairly expensive, £60 for 15 minutes, £100 for 30 minutes or £180 for an hour.

My only gripe with the VIP area is that with only 2 girls working on a Saturday afternoon, if there is one girl in the VIP area and another in the private dance area, there are no walkabout dances taking place. Personally I'd like to see an extra girl working on the Saturday afternoon shifts, though one of the girls told me that usually it's too quiet in the pub to justify a third dancer at that time.

By the way, one of the dancers reminds me of a stripper character, Debbie, from the old Minder series. Maybe it's just me, but do any other regulars agree with me?
pleasure_seeker

Post by pleasure_seeker »

gnok wrote: Is there still a threat of the pub being lost in re-development plans?
All the land in that area – including the Foresters pub itself – have been bought up by a property developer and so, as Scallywag says, it will definitely go at some point and maybe quite soon.

It was reported a few months ago that an 88-year old pensioner refusing to sell her home was all that was preventing the redevelopment from starting.news story here

Let’s hope she stays where she is for a good while yet!
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

I don't know, but the fact that there is a road in between the Corny and the Foresters might be a clue. Developing a single block is normal - and it's not a small area in that block.

Given the difference between the quality of the venues - saying nothing about the performances - I really hope that the Foresters is the only casualty. A recent visit found the bar as welcoming as ever, the security guy as friendly as ever, and all well with the Corny.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I finally managed to sample the delights of a Friday night in Southend last week. I had planned to go to the 3 seafront venues, but ended up staying at the Foresters all evening. There were 5 girls on the late shift (8.30-1), with a decent crowd for most of the night mainly due to some work groups.

A favourite of mine who I thought had left, Emma, was on and came over to me when she saw me. It had been a couple of years since I last saw her so it was good to see her again, is always better when a girl recognises you after a long time. I was chatting to her on and off during the night, which in turn changed my original plan to visit the Cornucopia and Sunset Club afterwards.

There was plenty of security in case of any trouble (there wasn't any) and it seemed to be a good night for everyone. Probably quieter than it used to be - though as it was my first ever Friday night at the Foresters I can't compare it to the past.

I am planning to try the VIP room next, unlike the London venues you don't need to buy champagne / spirits beforehand.
Nick Bucks

Post by Nick Bucks »

I see that Czech Kat is on the rota at The Foresters this coming Saturday. Would be good to make her acquaintance again as I have not seen her for a couple of years. Any regulars know if The Foresters rota can be relied upon as this will be a long trip for me ? Thanks guys