XX CLOSED PE27 5AZ Quayside Club, St Ives

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED PE27 5AZ Quayside Club, St Ives

Post by zante »

Quayside Club, Cambs
I'm afraid this e-mail is bad news about the Quayside Club in St. Ives, Cambs. They no longer hold their "Gentleman's Evening". I was excited to see a strip pub listed in my area, until I found that they no longer have strippers. I am currently searching for the nearest strip pub to RAF Alconbury and will forward any info I find that you don't already have.

[Jamie A, May 10th, 2002]

The Quayside Club, 1 Wellington Street, St Ives, Cambridgeshire, Tel 01480 466567
Getting There

St Ives is a small market town near Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire.

From London, M11 to Cambridge, A14 to Huntingdon, exit at St Ives.
From Birmingham, M6, A14 to Huntingdon, A14 to Cambridge, exit at St Ives.
From Peterborough, A1 to Huntingdon, A14 to Cambridge, exit at St Ives.
Drive to the town centre. You can park in the town centre square free of charge after about 6pm. Find the Warehouse shop, a large discount store, walk towards the church on the same side of the street. Before you reach the church, turn left into Market Lane You will see the neon sign fronted Quayside Club straight ahead, about 100m.
The Venue
The Quayside Club is a modern nightclub and on Friday and Saturday evenings it is exactly this. But on Thursdays, the club holds a Gentleman's Evening from 8:30pm to 11:30pm, with a Happy Hour from 8:30pm to 9:30pm. The entrance fee is #3 before 9:30pm and #4 thereafter. The performances start just after 9:30pm. As you enter the club, you pass the mandatory bouncer. You pay your dues and get free membership from reception on your left.

Walk down a narrow corridor past the toilets, and through another door into the club itself, which is very dimly lit. There is a bar on your left with a seating area. At the far end of the club on the right there is another bar with seating area. On the lefthand wall of the club there is a well lit small low stage with a dance floor on each side. The girls generally perform on the stage but they also use the dancefloors and come out into the crowd. The stage and dancefloors have a 3ft balustrade around the edge with openings for the girls to to get to and fro. The crowd tends to stand behind the balustrade.

The Gentleman's evenings only started on 16th March. I went on the second week when there was footie on the telly, so it was very quiet. The first evening on 16th March was apparently well attended but on the night I went, there were probably less than 30 guys in and almost all under the age of 25 and in small groups, so very much a laddish atmosphere rather than the business feel of Brown's. The DJ is the proprietor and he also announces when the girls are coming out and encourages you to congregate around the stage.

The Acts

There are 2 different girls each week, performing 2 strips each, with an additional finale. On the evening I went, the finale involved both girls - more about this later. There is no table dancing, so the girls perform very much in the traditional Stag night style rather than advertising their wares to sell private table dances. Lads are singled out and taken onto the stage and if you're lucky enough to be chosen, then you're guaranteed a fondle of the girls breasts and bottom, but you will have to undergo some minor humiliation. This style of act is great for the lad taking part, but a bit tedious for those watching, unless you're his mate and pissed. In my experience, slipping a fiver to the girls if it's your birthday etc, often means you get the goodies. Each performance lasted about 20 minutes, with a 5 to 10 minute break in between. The girls were petite and pretty but unfortunately they stayed in a back room between strips, so no chatting.

The first girl, a blonde, came out in a white cowgirl outfit, complete with hat. She sauntered through the crowd while dressed and with just underwear on, grabbing bollocks and wiggling her bottom in the occasional crutch. Whilst still wearing bra and knickers she grabbed a willing volunteer and proceeded to humiliate him by handcuffing him, removing her bra, squirting baby lotion on her breasts and rubbing them in the face of the helpless victim .... yawn. He was then cleaned up and left the stage. The girl proceeded to strip completely and very well, with more baby lotion, much opening of legs and stroking of pussy lips. She then bowed, there was applause and she left the stage.

10 minutes later the second girl, a brunette, came out dressed as a warrior. She brandished a sword for a while, and then performed a very similar routine to the first girl, with another victim of course.

The evening continued with another strip by each of the girls, same idea but with a different costume each time. One lucky victim got to suck marshmallows from one of the girls breasts, but again if it's not you, it's not tremendously entertaining.

A few minutes after the second girl's second strip, both girls came round with the obligatory pint mugs for a whip round for the finale ... and what a finale. The girls were introduced once more and came onto the stage dressed in undies only. This performance looked like it was going to be fun ... and no victims were taken !! The girls proceeded to remove each others bras and licked and fondled each others breasts, a very good start. They then removed each others knickers and kissed lips, pussy to pussy. This was followed by the girls licking each others pussies and included a stunning 69. At this point the crowd surged forward to see if it was for real ... and it was. There was more kissing and licking and then a bow and a good round of applause and thank yous.

Additional Services

There is a large screen TV showing cable or satellite, there was a rerun of Rising Damp at one point, quite appropriate I thought. The DJ did briefly show a very short clip of an XXX film but I don't know if this is a regular thing.

Summary

Bearing in mind this is St Ives, a small market town in Cambridgeshire, it was very good. Of course, it can't compete with the likes of Brown's or Metropolis, as it just doesn't have the catchment area to feed from. The atmosphere is very laddish but the beer is cheap and the girls have a few surprises up their sleeves, so I'd recommend this for a good night out with a few mates. In terms of improvements, the venue would have to get into the table/lap dancing market, where you pay for the extras if you want them, rather than simply hope that you're one of the chosen few. This would also help to fill the time between the acts and the girls would have the chance to earn more cash. There is a seating area next to the DJ's box which would be perfect for private dances as it doesn't lead anywhere. A waist high stage with no balustrade would also have been better.

Steve
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Re: XX CLOSED PE27 5AZ Quayside Club, St Ives

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

The former Quayside Club is now an Indian restaurant.