XX CLOSED HP11 2LR White Horse, High Wycombe

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
Tyke
Dearly departed

XX CLOSED HP11 2LR White Horse, High Wycombe

Post by Tyke »

I'm not sure if this is in the right section but this is a long established strip pub come evening rock venue. It's had girls for 20 odd years and has girls on every lunchtime except Sunday plus Wednesday evening. The girls are of a good standard with some well known adult models like Laura Hawkins plus some The White Horse, Shoreditch High Street Shoreditch regulars like Lolita, Sabrina, and Niki Smith. Private dances are available but the most unusual thing about this place is that jug collections take place after the strip.

As of Easter an upstairs bar called " club 95" is opening with strip shows Thursday,Friday, Saturday evening while the rock bands are on downstairs.

Tyke

zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

The White Horse, High Wycombe
How to get there

From Wycombe town centre take the A40 westwards towards West Wycombe. The White Horse is about 3/4 mile on the left. Parking can be a bit of a problem - there's room for about 8 cars on the pub forecourt and that's it. Immediate surrounding area is largely controlled by parking meters or double yellow lines, but there are parking spots to be found in the adjacent side streets behind the pub if you're prepared to cruise around a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Venue.

The White Horse is an old pub, half-timbered on the outside, stone flag floored on the inside. It is a building of wide frontage but limited depth. A sign outside announces the presence of 'lap dancing'. This is presently on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday lunchtimes, although an extension is planned for Thursday lunchtimes.

Sited right on the busy A40, parking can be a problem, although there is a 'pay and display' car park a road or two behind the pub. (The pub is about a mile from High Wycombe railway station and access is not easy for those on foot).

There are two doors into the pub, although the one that opens onto the stage area tends to be locked. The other door is at the opposite end from the stage, at the left hand side of the pub. It opens onto a small lobby, the other side of which are the Gents toilets. Turn to your right and you enter a small area containing a pool table. The bar is a little further on and occupies the centre of the pub.

Beyond this is the stage area. This occupies an alcove in the end wall and is about 10 feet square. It is raised about a foot from the floor and contains a fearsome array of speakers, (mainly from the pubs' other sideline - live bands.) A red line is painted about 2 ft in front of the stage. This apparently delineates a limit set by the local council. Dancers stay on one side, audience on the other, (at least in theory.)

The appearance of the performing area is perhaps not enhanced by the drastic paint scheme on the walls: matt black up to the half way mark, blood red above. Posters advertising forthcoming bands liberally plaster these walls. These bands are the main attraction of the pub and shows can regularly pull audiences of 250 - hence the powerful air conditioning on the ceiling.

The audience generally stand on a stone flagged floor in front of the stage, or along the adjacent walls. The floor is about 20 ft square, with a doorway on the right hand side leading to the second (generally closed) door to the pub. A small stone column supported table occupies the centre of the floor, (occasionally utilised by one of the more athletic dancers).

There is also a small alcove with seats off the other side of the stone flagged floor, now partially curtained off for lap dances. If the pub is packed, then the view from the rear of the audience can be very restricted. If very packed, the DJ persuades the people down the very front to sit on the floor. However, being down the front carries its own risks, (baby oil, talcum powder, etc). You have been warned!

The Acts.

The show is compeered by Alistair Watts, who also books the dancers. He announces the girls, (the very lovely, your very own…), puts on the music, scurries about picking up clothing, and dons a worried look if the raunch factor of the act threatens to get out of hand. Figure a leering mother hen and you've got this guy to a 'T'. (Another reason for the worried look is that Alistair is tone deaf - he has great trouble working out when the girls' music is coming to an end.)

There are two or occasionally three girls on, generally of a good standard. They keep up a brisk pace, not more than five minutes between acts. The girls are reputed to come from the 'stag show' circuit, and certainly the raunch/interactive content of the acts is higher than you will see in most pubs. At the least some of the girls stride off the stage and gyrate up close to the audience.

Some girls are not averse to inviting members of the audience to assist with rubbing in of baby oil, etc. Other girls are wont to drag ruder onlookers up onto the stage for some brisk humiliation. (Note: politeness to the performers is highly recommended - unless you are of a masochistic disposition.)

The girls sometimes team up for a double act at the end of the Friday and Saturday sessions. This again is no holds bared stuff, with the male blood pressure climbing as a consequence. (Do not expect this every time - only dancers that know each other will put on the 'girlie' shows. If the girls have only met for the first time then no double act.)

The jug collection is very different from most pubs. It is generally done after the act. The girl drags on (or sometimes doesn't) no more than a pair of knickers and sets off around the pub. Swift footwork is sometime required to intercept tightwads who try and escape without coughing up. Expect to see a topless or nude girl wielding a beer mug as a regular part of the entertainment. The exception is the double acts, where the (clothed) girls come round beforehand.

Additional Services

The pub has started to offer lap dances at £20 each. These require a 'lap dance voucher', which can be obtained from any of the bar staff. Hand this to the girl of your choice and away you go. (The voucher system is for Alistair's benefit - he takes a cut of the income from each lap dance. This makes a spur of the moment decision on a lap dance impossible, so if you want one - get a voucher with your round.)

The lap dances take place in the curtained off alcove to the left of the stone flagged floor. Cheap curtains screen off some seats although up to two dancers at a time can be using the area. The couple of lap dances your reviewer has had have been performed with commendable enthusiasm. Although slightly more expensive than the £10 in many establishments, there are unlikely to be complaints about value.

Summary

The White Horse is a pleasant old pub, with a friendly atmosphere inside. The slightly ‘racy’ nature of the acts guarantees an entertaining afternoon’s viewing. Recommended for a visit.

[Phillip W, 3rd August 2003]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback and comments
Just wanted to tell you that from the 22nd-ish of September the White Horse will also be hosting topless pool nights! The first was a roaring success and no doubt the next will be too, although the girls didn't mind doing a little bit of cheating. The pub is also under new management, a friendly couple who are a good laugh.

[Geoff W, 9th September 2004]

The current schedule is:

Monday, 2 dancers 12:30 to 3:30
Wednesday, usually 3 dancers 12:30 to 3:30
Thursday, 2 dancers 12:30 to 3:30
Friday, 3 or 4 dancers 12:30 to 5:30
Saturday, 2 or 3 dancers 12:30 to 4:30
At the end of the month this is being expanded to include Tuesday lunchtimes and Sunday afternoons. See the site for more details.
[John, 3rd September 2004]

If you have a minute sometime, we've finally set up a website for the White Horse. Some of the reviews mention the (old) MSN group, to which MSN took exception and killed it, so if you could, perhaps you'd add the website address?
http://whitehorsedancers.moonfruit.com/

[Alistair Watts, 22nd August 2004]

I found myself to the West of London on a Saturday after dropping someone off at Heathrow and knowing Amazon was on I thought I would check out the White Horse, High Wycombe. Although I'm a veteran of the strip scene and the The White Horse, Shoreditch High Street has had strippers reportedly for 21 years it was my first ever visit there. I must say I would echo the other comments, it's a good place with a nice atmosphere and high quality girls on plus it's a bit of a throwback to the old walkabout era of the East End.

Just on timings, it now has girls on Thursday lunchtime as well, now making Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It's usually 2 girls from around 1pm until about 4 except on Friday when they go on later and have 4 girls on. The landlord still sees it principally as a music venue {the walls are covered with flyers for groups that have names like "Snuff", "Splunge" and "First degree murder"!} so there are no evenings as yet.

[Tyke, 6th October 2003]

It's a long time since the White Horse's entry was updated, and after a rocky spell the place has taken a turn for the better. The schedule now looks like

Mondays 1230 - 1530 - 2 girls, "top names"
Wednesdays 1230 - 1530 2 girls, usually newcomers
Fridays 1230 - 1730 - 3 girls
Saturdays 1230 - 1600 - 2 girls
and on all four days there are private sessions, which now admit that they are lap dancing, in the room to the side. By comparison with the rest of the entertainment, they aren't cheap but they're worth it.
The girls want to get lap dancing sessions, so they tend to be pretty raunchy and flirty (given half a chance, and who wouldn't). Most seem to enjoy themselves anyway. The "mother hen" presentation hasn't changed much, but it adds to the friendly atmosphere and heroic struggles with technology like radio mikes may yet pay off.

There is also a chat group on msn - I'll leave it to the Horse to supply the link if they want to - which has made a lively start and promises to post schedules, pictures and news. It'll be interesting to see if the rest of High Wycombe catches up with the Horse.

[Pppppppp, 20th May 2003]

First, the web site is down because of a problem the agency boss (Aleister Campbell - referred to in your main write-up by Phillip W as the elderly DJ and a "leering mother hen" ) has had. His site was apparently done by the boyfriend of a male-stripper he had on his books and when the stripper left the agency the boyfriend deleted the site. What I don't understand is why its taking so long to get it back up but ....

Second -- from 4th October they will apparently be having private dancing every Friday in the little alcove to the left of the stage. Given the raunch level of the stage shows these could be well worth trying. Did anyone see Angie on the last Wednesday in September -- it was a great show.

[John B, 4th October 2002]

I've been there for a couple of Wednesdays and they seem reasonably popular so probably won't be shutting down. The dancers were Chanta Rose on 26th March and Dannii on the 3rd April. Its a pleasant pub and the frequency of strips is high so its ideal for a lone afternoon visit.

[John B, 4th April 2002]

Info re this pub correct except... 3 girls Friday, approx 12.30-5pm, and 2 girls Sat 12.30-4pm. Friendly crowd, often swelled by visiting football supporters en route to Wanderers ground. More than once a girl has had to dash to the only door to collect from guys making a quick sharp exit after a performance [unusually, except for doubles, they collect after dancing.]

[Biffo Bear, 4th March 2001]

First the housekeeping. They currently have one girl on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12.30 to 3pm, two girls on Fridays from 12.30 to 5.30pm and three girls on Saturday from 12.30 to 5pm. However, the MC was desperately trying to drum up trade for Wednesdays, which have not been drawing the punters by all accounts. He said that if things didn't pick up soon, they will soon scrap Wednesdays.

This is actually a reasonably nice pub; far nicer than any on the circuit in Shoreditch. Chairs, tables, pool table, pinball etc. Today the single girl was a pretty, natural blonde with a sexy full figure. Although there was only one girl and she didn't arrive until 1pm, she still managed to perform 7 acts, before I left at 2.20pm.

I am pleased to say that I can confirm the report from the earlier correspondent, that the show is more, ahem, shall we say liberal, than any in the city. Each act involved her striding off the stage into the audience for some "close-encounters" at some point during the act. This included fairly innocent "bum rubbed against punter's crotch" scenes as well as more racy "punter invited to rub baby lotion on naked breasts" scenes. Sadly, I was not one of the punters so-invited! Another act involved...well, let's just say it ended with her sticking the partly melted chocolate bar into the mouth of a willing front-row punter!

All in all, I would suggest that this pub is well worth a trip for those TaB aficionados who find themselves to the West of London.

[GunnerRob, 19th February 2001]

On my way to High Wycombe I read that the White Horse would host an alternative rock festival that night so I was pleased to find out that the dancing was still on. In fact the place looks a lot more like a music venue rather than a strip pub. The beers on offer were London Pride, Tetley’s Cask and the ubiquitous Guinness. Everything is different here and usual high standards of decency as found in the capital do not apply. As the Romans and the Soviets found out too late, as soon as the outer provinces no longer abide by the centre’s rule, the empire is bound to crumble. But seriously: all the rules that can be found in the FAQ do not apply, apart for one, that the girls take off their clothes.

3 girls were on and it is rare that on a visit I do not come across at least one girl I have seen before. The stage had a chair for the girl to use, and before the show a compere or should I say failed stand-up comedian announced the girl. Furthermore, the chap remained on stage for most of the time, his only visible function to pick up items of lingerie disposed of by the girls and to fold them up as neatly as he must have learned it from his mum. The audience comprised of roughly 25 sex-starved mainly youngish locals. At least once the compere reminded them to observe the red line (about a yard and a half away from the stage), and like trained puppies they did.

The girls themselves did not pay an awful lot of attention to the red line marking and even occasionally came out into the audience. Touching was, to put it that way, not entirely discouraged. Lots of baby oil was in use. One girl stuck lollies in her vagina before handing them out to the spectators - on one occasion she took it out of a guy’s mouth and back inside herself. Generally it felt like the shows were put on for a course of biology A-Level students catching up with their revision in female anatomy. Leg spreading could not be any more explicit. The turnover was frequent: as soon as one girl had collected, the next girl came on.

The other major difference to `civilised‘ Shoreditch was that the jug round took place after the dance. However, everyone paid up. But then, how could anyone resist a collection by a girl going around completely naked or, if dressed, covered in stockings and high heels only? I leave out the names of the girls, but those who frequent private shows would have recognised familar faces. Oh, and strangely I felt that in spite of doing a raunchier show the White Horse girls probably made less money than the Halfway House girls.

[Hubert G, 20th April 2000]

Viewed from the road the White Horse is a wide shallow pub with a pool table at one end, a bar section in the middle and an area for live performances (they have quite a few music evenings) at the other end. There is a sort of stage where the dancers perform but it is only raised a few inches from the main floor so doesn't help with the view. There is a DJ/MC who introduces the girls and in between acts, tries to sell tickets to various forthcoming stag evenings etc. He also ensures that, before each act starts, the first few rows in front of the stage sit or kneel on the floor thus giving those at the back a sporting chance of seeing the action.(It also means that those on the floor are at the mercy of whatever the dancers choose to submit them to - which is sometimes good, sometimes not.)

The girls are usually good lookers and are probably from the "stag show" circuit, as it is not unusual for a member of the audience to get dragged on stage to have baby lotion and talc plastered over various parts of his anatomy. This is always done "in the best possible taste" as Mr Everett used to say - it is after all a public house! There are usually two girls, each doing a couple of solo strips (whilst the other brings round the mug) followed by a "double", then the show repeating. Shows are held on Friday and Monday afternoons 2:00 pm to 6 pm and Saturday lunchtimes (may differ in the summer).

The last time I went I arrived just after one of the acts had finished and on strolling up to the bar found myself standing next to the stripper making her collection. Nothing unusual about that you might say, except she was absolutely starkers. No-one seemed to be complaining though, and she was in no hurry to get her clothes back on - she must have spent 15 minutes or so strolling around chatting to the punters before returning to the changing room. Her partner was not quite so brazen, stopping to don a pair of panties before doing her rounds.

The clientele are fairly varied, there usually being some suits, some jeans and sweaters and some paint-stained overalls and (on Friday afternoons at least) its usually a decent sized crowd. My only complaint is the infrequency of the acts - 20 to 30 mins between each in my experience, but as there are only 2 girls doing a four hour stint I guess that's only to be expected.

There is also a strip pub (on Friday afternoons and Saturday lunchtimes) at The Bird-in-Hand in Chinnor, Bucks, but I haven't sampled it. (It shouldn't be difficult to find though as it's quite a small town with only 3 or 4 pubs.)

[Bob E]

zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

More from the archives:

The White Horse, High Wycombe
From Wycombe town centre take the A40 westwards towards West Wycombe. The White Horse is about 3/4 mile on the left. Parking can be a bit of a problem - there's room for about 8 cars on the pub forecourt and that's it. Immediate surrounding area is largely controlled by parking meters or double yellow lines, but there are parking spots to be found in the adjacent side streets behind th pub if you're prepared to cruise around a bit.
Viewed from the road the White Horse is a wide shallow pub with a pool table at one end, a bar section in the middle and an area for live performances (they have quite a few music evenings) at the other end. There is a sort of stage where the dancers perform but it is only raised a few inches from the main floor so doesn't help with the view. There is a DJ/MC who introduces the girls and in between acts, tries to sell tickets to various forthcoming stag evenings etc. He also ensures that, before each act starts, the first few rows in front of the stage sit or kneel on the floor thus giving those at the back a sporting chance of seeing the action.(It also means that those on the floor are at the mercy of whatever the dancers choose to submit them to - which is sometimes good, sometimes not.)

The girls are usually good lookers and are probably from the "stag show" circuit, as it is not unusual for a member of the audience to get dragged on stage to have baby lotion and talc plastered over various parts of his anatomy. This is always done "in the best possible taste" as Mr Everett used to say - it is after all a public house! There are usually two girls, each doing a couple of solo strips (whilst the other brings round the mug) followed by a "double", then the show repeating. Shows are held on Friday and Monday afternoons 2:00 pm to 6 pm and Saturday lunchtimes (may differ in the summer).

The last time I went I arrived just after one of the acts had finished and on strolling up to the bar found myself standing next to the stripper making her collection. Nothing unusual about that you might say, except she was absolutely starkers. No-one seemed to be complaining though, and she was in no hurry to get her clothes back on - she must have spent 15 minutes or so strolling around chatting to the punters before returning to the changing room. Her partner was not quite so brazen, stopping to don a pair of panties before doing her rounds.

The clientele are fairly varied, there usually being some suits, some jeans and sweaters and some paint-stained overalls and (on Friday afternoons at least) its usually a decent sized crowd. My only complaint is the infrequency of the acts - 20 to 30 mins between each in my experience, but as there are only 2 girls doing a four hour stint I guess that's only to be expected.

There is also a strip pub (on Friday afternoons and Saturday lunchtimes) at The Bird-in-Hand in Chinnor, Bucks, but I haven't sampled it. (It shouldn't be difficult to find though as it's quite a small town with only 3 or 4 pubs.)

[Bob E]

On my way to High Wycombe I read that the White Horse would host an alternative rock festival that night so I was pleased to find out that the dancing was still on. In fact the place looks a lot more like a music venue rather than a strip pub. The beers on offer were London Pride, Tetley’s Cask and the ubiquitous Guinness. Everything is different here and usual high standards of decency as found in the capital do not apply. As the Romans and the Soviets found out too late, as soon as the outer provinces no longer abide by the centre’s rule, the empire is bound to crumble. But seriously: all the rules that can be found in the FAQ do not apply, apart for one, that the girls take off their clothes.

3 girls were on and it is rare that on a visit I do not come across at least one girl I have seen before. The stage had a chair for the girl to use, and before the show a compere or should I say failed stand-up comedian announced the girl. Furthermore, the chap remained on stage for most of the time, his only visible functon to pick up items of lingerie disposed of by the girls and to fold them up as neatly as he must have learned it from his mum. The audience comprised of roughly 25 sex-starved mainly youngish locals. At least once the compere reminded them to observe the red line (about a yard and a half away from the stage), and like trained puppies they did.

The girls themselves did not pay an awful lot of attention to the red line marking and even occasionally came out into the audience. Touching was, to put it that way, not entirely discouraged. Lots of baby oil was in use. One girl stuck lollies in her vagina before handing them out to the spectators - on one occasion she took it out of a guy’s mouth and back inside herself. Generally it felt like the shows were put on for a course of biology A-Level students catching up with their revision in female anatomy. Leg spreading could not be any more explicit. The turnover was frequent: as soon as one girl had collected, the next girl came on.

The other major difference to `civilised‘ Shoreditch was that the jug round took place after the dance. However, everyone paid up. But then, how could anyone resist a collection by a girl going around completely naked or, if dressed, covered in stockings and high heels only? I leave out the names of the girls, but those who frequent private shows would have recognised familar faces. Oh, and strangely I felt that in spite of doing a raunchier show the White Horse girls probably made less money than the Halfway House girls.

[Hubert G, 20th April 2000]
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Greetings!

We've moved on a little and there's a new website for the White Horse
at High Wycombe LINK HERE This 'mirrors' our dancer booking software, so should be as up to date as possible. We're still struggling a little with photographs on the site, but hope to have that fixed this week.

On there too, is our Good Friday show, which starts at 12.30pm and
finishes late - until 2.00am if audience size justifies. Ten dancers,
including Lolita, back at last from Brazil , and Camilla, off to
Australia after the holiday. Although there's a £5.00 door charge (to
anyone without a free ticket, given to existing customers) your Bimbo

Appreciation Society membership card will get you free admission.
Come and join us!

Alastair Watts
Alastair Watts Entertainment
81 Lingwood, Bracknell , RG12 7PZ
01344 - 441886 Mobile: 07738 - 656100
Fax: 01344 - 206837
e-mail: alastair@alastairwattsentertainment.co.uk
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Bar 95 opens soon:

Our new striptease bar opens April 19, with shows on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 7pm until 2.00am Admission free until 9.00pm, £5.00 until midnight and £10.00 until 2.00am. Non-stop stage shows, lap dances from all your favourite dancers!
Orville
Anatomy student

Post by Orville »

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this pub (other than from the pub/Alistair) since 2004.

I went there recently and was very impressed. The pub seemed a nice pub even without the entertainment on the right hand side of the entrance. The staff are all reasonably friendly.

I went during the day so it was fairly quiet. Despite the relatively few customers, the girls were pretty well occupied.

Unfortunately, the stage shows I saw were not interactive (I'm not sure that they ever are now) but all the dances I saw were good.

Because of the girls being busy and Alistair slow to get to the stage, there were sometimes quite long gaps between the stage shows, but the relaxed approach was refreshing. Because there were not that many girls on, there wasn't much hustle and with few customers, the girls were pretty chatty without pressing for private dances.

Despite this, the high quality of the private dances meant that I ended up having dances with most of the girls. Prices are still £20 but I didn't need to get a voucher. You paid the girl, she would give it to Alistair and he would give her some tokens.

There is only room for 3 to dance out back; 4 at a squeeze. Apparently, upstairs is a lot smaller although I can't remember if the girl was referring to the stage or the private dance area.

Overall a very enjoyable visit and I am keen to go back.
Holeshot
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by Holeshot »

Thought it was time to check out this venue today as it is only 15 mins down the M40 for me. So it’s a Saturday afternoon and 7 dancers on from 12.30 as advertised on their website and indeed that’s what if found.
The proceedings are run by Alistair who puts the girls music on, dances come thick and fast with perhaps only 5 mins between girls who unusually as previously said come around for their jug collection after the dance.
The large private dance area is behind a red curtain which has room for 3 to 4 dancers, this I thought would be a little off putting but due to the first class quality of the lengthy £20 private dance’s you have more than enough to be concentrating on than looking at someone else’s private dance. You just pay your gorgeous dancer now, no tokens or that pre-paying from the bar nonsense. :roll:
From 12.30 to 3.30 when I left, the girls where really busy with private dance’s always 2 or 3 giving dances over the peak 2 hour afternoon spot. On a few occasions you even had to wait for a space behind the curtain due to their popularity.
Will most defiantly be going back especially for the lovely Camilla and Vicky who I would wholeheartedly recommend. :D
Great pub, friendly atmosphere around 20 -25 punters and most of the girls seemed to know I was a new face and were very up-close and friendly while we exchanged pleasantries, but then I suppose that’s their job. Better than some pubs where they thrust their jug in your face and walk off with the hump if you don’t immediately have a private dance. All in all an excellent afternoon and very highly recommended at least on an early Saturday afternoon. :D
Orville
Anatomy student

Post by Orville »

Glad someone else enjoyed it here as well.

Camilla and Vicky are indeed very nice girls, although I haven't had the pleasure of a private dance from Camilla at this venue yet. Hopefully I will soon. I'm sure, from experiences elsewhere, that she will be as good, if not better, than Vicky.
Holeshot
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by Holeshot »

A better dance than Vicky, crikey the mind boggles :lol:
Orville
Anatomy student

Post by Orville »

You've had experience of both of them there, so I guess you preferred Vicky's dance. Her dances for me were good too but I'm still looking forward to seeing Camilla there.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

The White Horse is much as others have already described it. The pub itself isn’t very exciting, the decent beers being “off” most of the time, but the staff are OK and the atmosphere relaxed. Much of this is down to the genial Alastair. The music is quite loud, but the “red line” mentioned in earlier posts doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

I’ve only been there in the afternoons, and some of the girls say it gets quite lively in the evenings with the punters having drunk a lot; one or two prefer not to work then. The afternoon audience isn’t that large – mostly guys from the nearby trading estates, with a couple of suits and one or two elderly types. Sometimes there’s only eight or ten men and four or five girls, so one can get quite a bit of individual attention, but not much hassle, from girls offering private dances.

The majority of the girls are foreign and nearly all of these I find attractive and very pleasant. The stage dances vary, with only a couple of girls making full use of the pole; low marks to the girl who finally drops her pants at the back of the stage in the last seconds of her act and wonders why she gets no applause.

The private dances are generally good, and only a couple of times have I thought “is that it?” Again, low marks to the attractive English girl who was pleasant enough until she got me into the private area,and was then quite brusque, demanding her £20 straightaway. If the private area is empty, some of the girls insist the dance takes place in a dark corner, though I prefer the seats by the windows, and I make sure that girls who know me accept this before I agree to a private dance.

Before the dancing starts, some of the girls mingle in the drinking area, as do all those not giving private dances once things get underway. So one can have some quite good conservations.

Moonraker
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

I went last week - it's a great little strip pub atmosphere wise, but it was a bit slow, with massive half hour gaps between dances. The dances are on the stage, and it does seem a very long way away! On the whole I'd recommend the place.
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I've never had this problem; I only go in the afternoons, and, provided there are enough guys in the audience to meet the licensing requirements, the gap between dances is usually four or five minutes unless Alastair is busy doing something. I'm always able to get within a couple of feet of the stage. I was there again yesterday and was spoilt for choice. Five dancers were billed, four of whom are among my favourites, the other still being good fun. Then an unbilled girl turns up - another of my favourites. From 1300 to 1530 the average audience was half-a-dozen, and most of the time mine was the only private dance going on in a room where the sun was shining in through the curtains.

Quite apart from their other attributes, all the girls were very pleasant indeed.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Paid my second visit here today, really enjoyed it. It's a great atmosphere, with great girls. Including one really great Swedish blonde one called Kitty - who does amazing private dances by the way!! ;) (Yes, the Kitty who I have mentioned many a time in other threads!!) The music is good, stage is good and the private dance area - you couldn't want for more really! Plus, Natasha, the barmaid, is a real stunner! Lou at the Vic has some serious competition in the good looking barmaid stakes!! :lol:

Met Alaistair for the first time today, despite having emailed him loads over the years. A convivial host and dj!!

On the theme of another thread of 'how could I improve it' - offer some cheese rolls or something, I've been starving all day!

(If cheese rolls are all that would improve a strip pub, you know you've found a great place!)
Last edited by zante on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Oh, has anyone been upstairs to Bar 95 yet? Once someone posts a review I'll probably split it off and give it it's own thread, as it is it's own place really.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

zante wrote: ... Plus, Natasha, the barmaid, is a real stunner! Lou at the Vic has some serious competition in the good looking barmaid stakes...
There's a Natasha with spectacles who's a regular and very energetic dancer at the White Horse. Was this she?

Otherwise, I must have missed out on meeting her - not that I've been along on a Saturday. I too would be interested in a report on Bar 95, which is upstairs at night-time. All my visits have been on weekday afternoons, when the dancing is downstairs in the main pub area.
oddjob
Anatomy student

Post by oddjob »

zante wrote: Lou at the Vic has some serious competition in the good looking barmaid stakes!!
Never mind Lou, what about the lovely lass behind the bar at the Axe, Carolina is it??
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

No, Natasha is just Natasha, a barmaid and nothing else.... sadly! I'm sure she'd make a mint at dancing!! :P
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I met a third Natasha at the WHHW today. I arrived about 1240 and saw an unfamiliar blonde girl (un)dressed for action, sitting rather forlornly alone in the bar area, ignored by the midday miseries (most of whom left when the dancing started).

Naturally I offered her my company; she is Brazilian and has danced at Brown's and other London venues. As I chatted to her, she was warned that with the other three girls still changing upstairs she might have to start the stage dancing. Luckily for her, the three appeared at the usual time of around 1255 so she was able to check out the WHHW way of stage-dancing. She also stared intently through the flimsy curtain across the entrance to the private dance area, and was a little surprised that it was so light in there. (Well, after the dimness of Brown's....)

By the time she did her stage act, she had changed her name to Jessica (to avoid confusion with the bespectacled Natasha). I was privileged to have her first private dance at the WHHW and repeated the experience later on.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Orville wrote:... I'm still looking forward to seeing Camilla there.
After several months' absence, apparently nursing a dodgy back, Camilla is back on the WHHW rota.
Orville
Anatomy student

Post by Orville »

I had a text off a friend last night that this pub was featured on Sky 3. I assume (from the time of the text) that the programme was Toughest Pubs in Britain. Anyone else see this?

There are usually some oddball regulars at the far end of the bar at the weekend (like most good pubs) and I am aware that some of the personnel from the local RAF base may visit that may scare some people but I've never thought of it as a scary place.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

That's a repeat of the programme I saw around Christmas 2007. (It also featured the landlady of another pub who flashed her boobs to deter trouble-makers.) Having watched it and learned there was daytime striptease at the White Horse, I thought I would visit it - and have been back many times since. I've always felt completely at ease there. It's not bad inside and the bar staff are pleasant. Some of the punters look as if they are not completely at one with life, but there aren't any scary types. (In the Shoreditch pubs in the early evening I've noticed several characters whose drinks I would not want to spill.)

I've only been there on weekday afternoons, and I suspect it gets a bit more boisterous when football fans visit it.

There's no striptease downstairs in the evenings, when music gigs are sometimes held, but Club 95 does operate upstairs - I reported favourably on it recently.

Not far away is the Desborough area, which according to Wikipedia, has become troubled with crime, vandalism, drug-pushers and prostitution. I walk through it on my way to the White Horse in the daytime and have seen none of this.
Orville
Anatomy student

Post by Orville »

Were any of the girls featured? Hopefully it will be repeated again.

I have been there when Wycombe Wanderers are at home but haven't noticed it being any more boisterous than any other time.

There doesn't seem to be any sides in their league with a particularly bad reputation. I note that they are top of the league at present.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Orville wrote:Were any of the girls featured...
As I recall, all that was shown was an exterior shot. I can't remember what evidence the programme gave for including the White Horse, though there may have been an implication that because it hosted stripping then it was bad. There's no "security" there in the afternoons, and sometimes there's only a barmaid and a commere as staff. On a couple of occasions the genial Alastair has dealt with a couple of people who won't contribute to the jug, but that's all.

Incidentally, Orville, "boisterous" is not a word that has ever come to mind when I've visited TWHHW on weekday afternoons - it may be on Saturdays? I've never seen more than 15 punters in there late in the lunch hour, and the average mid-pm is six or eight. But that's how I like it.
Orville
Anatomy student

Post by Orville »

I have been told the show was filmed in 2004.

I only used the word boisterous as you had. It's not been overly busy when I've been on a Saturday.