XX CLOSED HP11 2LR White Horse, High Wycombe

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
Victor23
Top Dog

Re: ** HP11 2LR White Horse, High Wycombe

Post by Victor23 »

Yes, I do bang on about websites, but for all the days this week the WHHW site says "No events for this day", except today, Wednesday, when one girl is listed for this afternoon and two for the evening. Hardly an inducement to visit, especially with the weather hindering travel. The threatened tube strike (now called off) might have deterred London-based girls from booking shifts, but some of the regular dancers live relatively locally to High Wycombe.

Unless, sadly, there's no longer any stripping on some days? We used to have several WHHW customers among UTK members - can they advise?

Vic
Scallywag
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by Scallywag »

Looking at the website today, they have dancers on Mon-Sat afternoon next week as usual.

Not been there for years now, long journey for me.
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

The White Horse may have escaped much of the trauma affecting London strip-pubs, but I gather that the Council is taking more of an interest than before, with undercover inspections and requests for CCTV film. And the lower parts of the windows facing onto the main road are now opaque. For many years when it was dark outside and the lights were on inside passers-by could glance into the interior. I have happy memories of Esther standing in the bay window facing out and struggling with a new bra!

Most weekday afternoons are quieter than in the past, I'm told, and on my visit there were just three dancers, all of whom I knew from elsewhere, and one other guy, so no stage shows and no reason to stay for more than an hour.

The popular ex-public school Porsche-driving dancer now makes only very occasional appearances as she studies for a career that will shortly be earning her far bigger bucks than at the White Horse.

Being only 22 miles or so away from Hayes, the White Horse may pick up some extra business if the Vic remains closed. But with just one afternoon shift of often three or four girls (compared with the Vic's two shifts), one needs to be sure who's dancing to make the journey worthwhile.
TS_Jabroni
Front row perv

Post by TS_Jabroni »

Been up there a couple of times recently. There's been a noticable decline since a couple of years ago. However, I like the fact that it's relatively quiet in there. I'd rather do WHHW than head over to Hayes. The two are roughly the same distance for me.

JMHO.
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I'd heard about the WHHW being featured as one of the toughest pubs in Britain on a TV programme, but have only just come across this

excerpt on Youtube

Must be nine years old? The then-landlord reckoned most of the customs were "sad people going nowhere". Wonder where he is now? The rather more affable Alastair is still there, and in the clip he's puffing away at the cigarettes that led to a triple by-pass. Under his regime, the pub interior has improved and the red line has gone. Dancers apart, it's now not too bad a suburban pub. One girls tells me that there's still at least one regular who's into girls' knickers. Tania Amazon is still active - Google her name.
TS_Jabroni
Front row perv

Post by TS_Jabroni »

Wow - I will definitely get there when she's there...
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

Sadly for you, TSJ, she hasn't worked there for at least seven years. Nowadays she poses for American glamour magazines and does a bit of DJing.
summer500
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by summer500 »

Not the most obvious link but keep scrolling down...............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29706200
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I had to scroll down several times, even did a word search for "White Horse", without luck - "Wycombe" was a bit more productive. Good thing I know Alastair Watts (who runs the White Horse), there's his photo in the item on Brighton & Hove Albion - The Goldstone Ground, where he discusses his support for the club.

Nothing about his day (or should that be night?) job.

There are a few references to the White Horse on football fans' websites, as the Wycombe Wanderers ground isn't too far away. Don't think I would like to go along to the pub when the fans are there.

BTW, one or two of may remember Brazilian Emma, who used to work at the White Horse - and then the Vic (and no doubt other places). There are a few flattering references to her here on UTK. I saw her the other night - still slightly taciturn but as striking in looks as ever.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I must admit I read the article last week but didn't think it was the same Alastair Watts (then again I haven't been to High Wycombe for a few years now)

Doesn't he have work on Saturday afternoons nowadays?! Poor research, surely they should have spoken to someone who is still a season tick holder
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

Nowadays I need another reason to trek out to just one venue and so recently I visited the chalk caves at West Wycombe, just two miles from the White Horse, where the Hell Fire Club used to convene 240 years ago. Its membership included many prominent people who were joined by what the information boards coyly term "Ladies of the Night", with private booths available for intimate entertainment. (They must have been very chilly.)

There's plenty about the caves and club on the Web, including

this webpage

(Googling also led me to a website for a modern swingers' club.)

So a fine precursor to the White Horse, then.

When I visited the pub later on, there were five girls on duty of reasonable acceptability and performing some rather better stage shows than are to been seen in several London pubs. The automated announcing system, operated by each dancer as she prepares to go on stage, is more understandable than many of the human DJs in London pubs. The barmaid was very pleasant and the range of drinks good.

By 1415 the lunchtime audience of a dozen had dwindled to me and six lads, who spent most of the time chatting in a circle without looking at the stage. When one of them went into the curtained-off room for a private dance, one of his mates perched on a stool trying to peer through the curtain until a dancer shooed him away.

Dances are £20 but nowadays appear to be not much different from those that cost £12 at the Victoria.

When the lads left, there was only one other customer and me, so that was the end of stage shows ( the third or fourth time that this happened to me at the WHHW in recent years.) Good thing I had arrived earlier than planned, otherwise the visit would have been a bit dull.
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I wasn't there on Friday cos I was at the Axe, but a reliable source tells me that seven girls were on duty in the afternoon, outnumbering the customers most of the time. Some girls got no PDs at all, though one - not on the website rota - had more than all the others put together, a dozen or so, mainly thanks to a fervent admirer turning up. (The girls have a name for him that reflects his predilection.)

Bit unusual, the low number of guys, for a Friday in December. Also a pity, as the atmosphere used to be relaxed: friendly girls happy to chat, pleasant staff, good view of the stage and some good stage shows. The manager may be a bit highly strung but he's rather more affable than many of his London counterparts.
Basil1903
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by Basil1903 »

I've heard alistair may be retiring soon and an Irish dancer taking the pub on.
relird
Make mine a D cup

Post by relird »

Would this Irish dancer be Irish Maggie by any chance ?
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I suspect that it could be a Northern Irish dancer who lives not too far away.

Whoever it is, I hope she'll get the WHHW website sorted. All this week it hasn't been working, at first with lots of corrupt script, now with no content at all. The number of dancers on each shift has been increased in the build-up to Christmas (I'm told there were seven there yesterday afternoon) and there are usually ten or so working on the last Friday before Christmas. Had two or three names caught my eye, I might have trekked out there. For example, "Holly" has featured on the site when it is working, and I'm curious to know whether it's the one who was at Brown's/Horns earlier this year.
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

Ah. someone's got it sorted. Eight girls listed for tomorrow:

Angel
Anjela
Bella
Camilla (new dancer)
Elizabeth
Holly
Natasha
Petra

Wasn't someone enquiring about Angela (a pale-skinned Russian with red hair) a while ago? Five of the girls I know, and it'll be nice to see them again. Pity the English girl Lily isn't there. She's very popular and I hear that she returns occasionally. Part of her appeal is that she's not a typical dancer (and might not be acceptable to some of the London pubs) but is very natural (in more ways than one) and cute.

And NINE girls on Saturday.

But I don't think that the phrase "seemingly unlimited rota" in this forum's "Rota for most pubs/agencies" still holds true. Several of the girls seem to be there most of the time.
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

I got to the White Horse at 1230 today and spent a very pleasant hour talking to girls I hadn't seen for some time and to newcomer Holly - an English girl (but not the one from Brown's/Horns). Wow! She prompted enthusiasm in me akin to that which Jonah often expresses.

Like last year, a dozen guys lurked in the no-jug area, so there were no stage shows for an hour. Nearly all the girls were very acceptable and the dances good - but the stage was far darker than in the past, illuminated only by flashing lights. (Though Holly kept most of her clothes on.) But the other guys seemed to appreciate them, staring - or was it peering through the gloom - intently at the dancers. And many of them seemed to be there for the girls, rather than to chat to their mates.

At 1330 the unlit private dance room was gloomy, even more so at 1530.

As I (mis)understand it, Angel is to take over managing the girls, though Ali will remain in overall charge.

EDIT: Just been sorting out my wallet, and I've come across the entry ticket for last Friday's Christmas Show. In previous years tickets were being given out free to regulars, and this may have been the case this time, but I hadn't been to High Wycombe since August. So I paid £5 (not a problem) and got ticket 701. Tickets were put in a raffle, the prize being a free lap dance every month during 2016.
Last edited by Victor23 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tryed again
I like naked ladies

Post by tryed again »

Victor23 wrote: but I hadn't been to the The White Horse, Shoreditch High Street since August. So I paid £5 (not a problem) and got ticket 701.
I thought this thread was about High Wycombe: too much Xmas cheer in one of us?
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I am looking to go here next Saturday, though it's a good 4 hour round trip for me.

I've not been for years now, so can anyone who goes there advise if it's worth the trip?
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

PM sent
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

Scallywag: did you ever get to the White Horse?

Its website has just started announcing "two for the price of one private dances between 1.00 and 5.00pm!" on Monday and Tuesday afternoons.

Not sure how this works: consecutive dances with the same girl, perhaps? Which would mean the girl performing twice as long for the same money?

A WHHW dancer who works elsewhere says it's so quiet there in the afternoons that some girls are finding it not worthwhile travelling for most afternoon shifts, just to pick up a handful of £ coins and perhaps provide one or two private dances, if that. One of the most popular girls has quit because even she can't make money there.

As noted in previous posts, my recent occasional visits to HW have been "flat". I hope that Scallywag can be more positive in any comments - and that the evening performances upstairs in Bar95 are better supported.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Unfortunately I haven't been as yet. I did have a rare chance to go last month but decided against it mainly because, given the reports, I wasn't sure if it would be worth the long journey (4 hours return by train).
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

Make allowances for my negativity! When I was a regular visitor, it took me almost two hours door-to-door, but the journey is quite a pleasant one. (I recall that the weather was rubbish on the day of your proposed visit.) I'm always interested in other people's views on the places that I patronise. I think you were planning to take in the afternoon shift, then return in the evening for Bar95 upstairs, which might make your trip worthwhile.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Don't worry, you didn't put me off! However as I have found venues in general are quieter during my usual Saturday afternoon visits, I didn't fancy taking the risk of a disappointing long journey. In the days of the Olde Northwood and Victoria, I used to travel quite happily across London, with the prospect of walk about dances and closer PDs making the trips worthwhile. Those days seem like a long time ago!

I do plan to go to High Wycombe at some point, though this will be one of the very few times I have a completely free day!
Victor23
Top Dog

Post by Victor23 »

So goodbye to Lily, who is about to start a lucrative new career. On her final afternoon shift, she amassed fifty private dances - and that was not her record.

She says she may make the occasional guest appearance on Saturdays, though I wonder whether the demands of her new job will allow that.

To forestall queries, she is English - a Spanish Lily danced at the WHHW a few years ago - NOT the Lily who dances at the other White Horse and she's never worked anywhere else.

She had contemplated auditioning elsewhere, though I wonder whether her petiteness would have prompted some pubs to say "no" - which would have been their customers' loss.