XX CLOSED HP11 2LR White Horse, High Wycombe

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: ** HP11 2LR White Horse, High Wycombe

Post by pleasure_seeker »

Sad, but not surprised, to learn that it will soon close. Alastair has done well to keep it going as long as he has.
steve_1973J
I like naked ladies

Post by steve_1973J »

They apparently are no longer doing stage shows in the White Horse (Wycombe) at lunchtime - the two girls on wanted to earn a tenner for each stage show and there were not enough people in the pub to put that much in the jug - most were more interested in playing pool. So they were doing private dances at £20 a time. Pity about the stage shows as both dancers were slim, pretty and younger than most dancers on the circuit.I don't know how many people go upstairs to Bar 95 in the evening, but the White Horse was definitely dying a slow death.
pleasure_seeker

I was at the White Horse on a Saturday recently. They are still promoting themselves as the away supporters' pub on matchdays, and opening at 12 noon for that purpose. When I got there mid-afternoon the fans had moved on and it was quiet for a while. Two very presentable dancers working, both English I believe. Customer numbers grew over the next few hours. I saw just the one stage show, but the girls were kept quite busy in the private dance area.
steve_1973J
I like naked ladies

Post by steve_1973J »

Alistair's last ever Christmas show is on Friday 22nd 1 pm - 2 am. Tickets free if you pick up one beforehand or £5 on the door...
steve_1973J
I like naked ladies

Re: XX CLOSED HP11 2LR White Horse, High Wycombe

Post by steve_1973J »

Went to the Christmas show that was not well attended - probably only half a dozen people turning up, almost outnumbered by the dancers. Only one girl bothered to do a stage show, the rest of the girls spending the evening trying to cadge private dances. Which was an indication why the White Horse audience numbers fell. I know from an earlier conversation, the girls wanted £10 in the jug to do a stage show. By asking everyone in the bar to put in £2, they could have achieved that. Yet, other than the single stage show, they could not be bothered to do it. And with no stage shows, you removed one incentive for people to stay in the pub - a self inflicted wound.
johnburgess
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by johnburgess »

Do I take it from the XX CLOSED heading that the White Horse and presumably Bar 95 as well are now completely closed? Or is the pub and Bar 95 still going but without dancers in the pub?
pleasure_seeker

Closed down completely as of Dec 31 2023. To be converted into flats I think.
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

steve_1973J wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:07 pmWent to the Christmas show that was not well attended
I was thinking about going, but other commitments got in the way. By the sound of it, I dodged a bullet!
pleasure_seeker

I was also there for the Xmas event on 22 Dec.

The pub was reasonably busy at 4pm with maybe 25 customers there. Several of the dancers who work there regularly were on including Larissa and Lucinda, Summer and Skye, and one or two others whose names I don’t recall.

A good few tickets had clearly been distributed prior to the event, and groups of people continued to arrive so that by early evening the place was absolutely rammed. Lots of customers were having private dances and there were 4 dancers in the private dance area at the same time (a sight worth seeing) with another on stage.

All the girls were doing stage shows, and the standard was impressively high. They were also maintaining the tradition, unique to the White Horse I think, of collecting after the stage show. I managed to have a few PDs, as well as watching the stage shows. With that many customers, the girls were making decent money from the jug.

Alastair and his daughter were serving behind the bar, sometimes helped out by Larissa to deal with all the demand.

It was still jam-packed when I left, and I had to push my way gently through the crowd to get to the exit. It must have quietened down later judging by previous reports. I was pleased at least to have finally made it to their Xmas do – having aimed to get here in previous years.

They also had dancers there on the very last day, Dec 30. I couldn’t get there that day but have heard that it was, once again, hectic. Good to know that they went out on a high.
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Aw, pleasure_seeker - you've got me wishing that I'd visited on the 30th now! :cry:
pleasure_seeker

A newspaper report about the last day at the White Horse:
Punters say goodbye as historic Wycombe pub closes forever