Brussels

Strip pubs and clubs in Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Switzerland, Austria
JoeB
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Brussels

Post by JoeB »

There are four areas for a female flesh fetishist in Brussels although none would warrant a special trip to the city.

1. Rue d’Aerschot at the back of Gare Noord is the only RLD in the city. A 200 metre row of windows with scantily clad females, although certainly better looking than their Amsterdam sisters but perhaps just enticers for some rough stuff in the back. Just one sex shop offering a peep show (1 euro for 2 minutes) at the southern end of the street. I spent 1 euro and left
2. A line of 4 sex shops and a cinema at the north end of Adolphe Maxlaan. The cinema offers continuous hard-core films and a live stripper every hour, for 10 euro. One of the sex shops (Paradise) also offers a peep show plus a private show (behind glass) for 25 euro minimum. Going wild I invested 8 euro to see what I would get for 25 euro – the answer was, not much, so I left.
3. A line of 4 night clubs - all open by 10pm - (Circus Straat off Blvd Emile Jacqmain) offering girl chat and a private dance for the purchase of a bottle of champagne at between 200 and 250 euro. I tried to negotiate a ‘dance only’ deal at Sexy Club and Empire without success (the male boss was watching too closely) but at Anais the boss was an attractive female who recognised a business opportunity when she saw one and gave me a personal private dance for 45 euro. There was no “tease” (she was wearing a sweater and jeans and plain working underwear which were off within seconds ) but the dance was very much in the style of The Axe but with full touching both ways. I even spent a further 50 euro on extending the time and touching possibilities. Expensive but enjoyable and made up for the disappointments previously.
4. A couple of “American Style Table Dance Clubs” do exist (Papayoo & Aloha next to each other on Rue Capitaine Crespel) which I did not have time to inspect. Both open at 10pm
5. And two further clubs are mentioned by SCC but were some distance away and SCC it not noted for its reliability so were not inspected. “The Guest” at Centre Monnaie and “Show Point” in Place Stephanie.
Joe B
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: Brussels

Post by pleasure_seeker »

No reports on this major European city since 2007. An update seems overdue. The following is based partly on my occasional trips to Brussels and partly on what could be gleaned from the internet. I’ve divided the places in the city where strip clubs can be found into three zones – north, central and south.

North
Towards the north of the city there are several establishments in the area between Rogier and De Brouckère metro stations. Notably several clubs along Rue du Cirque (Circustraat). The most well-known of these is the Empire Club. Free entry but drinks are pricey e.g. 10 euros for a small bottle of beer. It promises continuous striptease shows from 9.30pm onwards and it does indeed deliver on that, although they are not fully nude. There is a narrow rectangular stage with a pole towards one end. Each girl dances on the stage for typically 3 songs. She gets topless by the third song but the knickers always stay on. At the end of the third song she will be replaced by another girl and so the cycle continues. The girl who has just come off stage then circulates – still topless - among the customers offering dances at your table for 5 euros. I’ve sampled a few of these - close and personal but brief duration, maybe a minute or so. No doubt there are worse ways to spend 5 euros. Private dances are available with prices starting, I believe, at 50 euros but not tried so can’t comment on those. You can also buy a girl a drink and spend time chatting with her if you wish. I’ve mostly enjoyed my visits to this place – some of the girls are quite impressive on stage and, as for table dances/private dances, they just ask politely but don’t hustle.

Next door is a club called Anais. As I left the Empire club one time, there was a chunky little guy outside Anais (a tout? the owner?). He said ‘Is free for you to come in – why not take a look?’ in a strong east European accent. When I entered a girl explained that if I paid 300 euros for a bottle of champagne I could spend some time with her. Not entirely sure what was on offer for this – but just chat with a sexy girl and maybe striptease, I think. Anyway, I didn’t hang around and have not been back.

Nearby in Rue St Michel there is another establishment called Club L’Intime – its website link promises ‘une ambiance hot et conviviale’ but seems to be another champagne bar.

On Boulevard Adolphe Max is Club Gascoyne. It has been there some time, but all reports of it appear to be negative and I’ve never actually ventured inside. Entry fee is 20 euros and there are often guys on the door trying hard to get people to come in. From what I’ve heard it has stage shows but also a lot of hustle for private dances, which start at 50 euros. [2018 update: this venue has closed]

A short walk away, near Yser Metro station, is Café 5th Avenue, an atmospheric little bar with pictures of various femmes fatales on the walls. With beer at reasonable prices (starting at 3 euros for a small glass of Maes), and girls in lingerie and high heels chatting with their regulars it feels very much like a Brussels version of a little English strip pub. But it’s not really a strip joint and those are not dancing girls, they are working girls. It’s part of a hotel and upstairs there are rooms for rent by the hour, or even the half-hour. Still, any hustle is very low-key, and it is an interesting place to stop by for a drink or two regardless of whether or not you wish to venture upstairs. Open all day until midnight. Note it is small and can get very crowded evenings and weekends.

As for some of the other venues in this part of the city mentioned in Joe B’s report from 2007:
- The cinema on Boulevard Adolphe Max which used to have strippers (Cine ABC) closed about three years ago.
- Near Gare du Nord the red-light window girls continue to ply their trade along Rue d’Aerschot. Some bars there but no strip clubs. The peep show at the southern end of the street also closed recently.

Central
Galerie Ravenstein is a grand but rather run-down shopping arcade and thoroughfare linking Gare Centrale to the upper part of town. Inside, or near, the Galerie there used to be a number of little bars which had strippers on from time to time. Some of these closed down and currently there are two such places still operating (to the best of my knowledge).

Chop’Inn A bar with darkened windows located towards the lower end of the Galerie Ravenstein. Very small, and rather cramped, with stools if you want to sit at the bar and a few tables as well. A stripper pole in a corner near the entrance. Beers are reasonably priced. You will be approached by scantily-clad females asking if you want them to spend some time with you. I think there are usually 5 or 6 of them there each day. I had an enjoyable time chatting with a couple of the girls – one was from Albania, one from Wolverhampton. ‘Girl drinks’ are priced at 10 euros, and she will stay as long as you continue to buy drinks for her, or they will leave you alone if you prefer. Also possible to buy them more expensive drinks like piccolo or full-size bottles of champagne but I haven’t done that. Open Mon to Fri from some time in the afternoon until 11 or midnight. The ‘stage’ shows are infrequent and only on Thurs and Fri – it is mainly a venue for chatting rather than stripping.

New Manhattan 24 Rue Ravenstein. Exit at the top end of the Galerie, turn left and it is literally 10 yards away. Perhaps slightly smarter than Chop’Inn but not much in it. And otherwise a very similar set-up. A bar along one side and the rest of the space taken up with tables. A small area at the back where there is a stripper pole on a raised podium. They have a range of the usual Belgian beers, Hoegaarden, Jupiler etc. priced from 2 euros for a small glass. Usually 4 attractive girls at work, dressed in skimpy outfits or long dresses and heels, either chatting with customers or sat at the bar. Blonde manageress serving behind the bar. Again the main business is for the girls to chat with customers basically in exchange for drinks - a glass of wine for the girl costing 10 euros. Bottles of champagne also available. The girls will approach to ask whether you would like them to sit with you but there is no hustle from them. Some of the girls speak only French – something of a barrier if your conversational French is as limited as mine - but, with the right girl, it can be a good place to spend some time and to relax. They only have girls there Weds to Fri, I believe. Strip shows very occasional and depend on having a certain number of customers in. It operates as a normal café from morning until about 4pm, then the girls arrive and it stays open till midnight. Closed weekends.

South
At the southern end of town there are several clubs along two streets which run off Avenue Louise - Rue de Livourne and Rue Defacqz. They all seem to be the hostess bar type of establishment where girls will sit and keep you company if you buy bottles of champagne for 250 euros, 300 euros, or even more. Well beyond my income bracket, I’m afraid, so I haven’t explored in any detail. The clubs here include:
Funny Horse 37 Rue de Livourne. Long-established and the most well-known of the clubs in this area.

L’Interdit 31 Rue de Livourne (picture)

Bouddha Table Dance Bar 61 Rue de Livourne.

Le Peplum 26 Rue Defacqz (on the corner of Rue Defacqz and Rue de Livourne).

Le Ricci 31 Rue Defacqz.

Select Club Formerly Club Quinze. Changed its name and re-located across the road – now at 32 Rue Defacqz.
Last edited by pleasure_seeker on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pleasure_seeker

One more to add to the above listing.

Charlie’s Angels
Budasteenweg 1130
Brussels

http://www.sexy-charlies-angels.com

It is located a long way from the centre of town in an industrial suburb of Brussels.

The website promises topless barmaids and that it is open in the daytime.
pleasure_seeker

A new-ish venue in the Zaventem area, near Brussels airport.

Kittens at Strip Club Dolls
Leuvensesteenweg 4961930
Zaventem
Brussels

https://www.stripclub-dolls.com/venue
pleasure_seeker

In the interests of completeness here are a couple of clubs previously omitted from the listing.

Bellagio
13 Rue des Cendres (near Rogier metro station).
It has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bellagionightclub/

Le Guest. On Rue de l’Ecuyer, just off Place de la Monnaie in central Brussels.
Very small and discreet club.

Both charge from 50 euros per private dance.
pleasure_seeker

Other news: on a recent visit to Brussels the Empire Club was charging a 60 euro entrance fee. It used to be one of the more enjoyable places in Brussels but a hefty entrance fee plus over-priced drinks makes for a very unappealing combination.