Possible New Club in Dundee

Strip pubs and clubs in the Central belt
TonyN
Dearly departed

Possible New Club in Dundee

Post by TonyN »

Firstly apologies as I am not sure which part of Scotland Dundee falls under. North of Edinburgh and south of Aberdeen.

The article doesn't give a name for the club yet.I suspect the cllub will be opened before Scotland makes up it's mind on how to deal with SEVs simple on the basis it is more difficult to close an existing venue. But what do I know?

The fact that a shareholder owns part of a football club seems far more important to the journalist.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/l ... ty-centre/
Victor23
Top Dog

Re: Possible New Club in Dundee

Post by Victor23 »

Locals object

“The areas around lapdancing clubs have higher numbers of reported rapes, are hotspots for men soliciting prostitution, and are likely to produce large groups of men who are drunk, sexually stimulated and more likely to engage in sexually threatening behaviour.”

Dundee lap dancing club rejected amid fears of too many ‘sexually stimulated men’
TonyN
Dearly departed

Post by TonyN »

No matter how many times we fight this level of stupidity it keeps going round the tree.
samara
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by samara »

I think they have a problem with the concept of men ever being sexually stimulated, but you still have to pay!
TonyN
Dearly departed

Post by TonyN »

The claims on rapes have been shown to be flawed, so much so the report it esas in was pulled off the web. But no matter how many times it is challenged it is still trotted out. Before I rain an ad blocker I would challenge it in local online news all over the UK. I lost track after creating my 37th account with these online news website. From the Times to a Glasgow local web news but after every correction they still come back. Most now make the claim but don't cite the report any more.

I know Brute has frequently challenged it but it is like the feminist wait to see if we are bothered?
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

From the Evening Telegraph article linked to above:

"Reverend Jeremy Auld, the provost of St Paul’s Episcopal, has called for the application to be refused on moral grounds."

Which would be inadmissible in England and Wales, under the terms of the Police and Crime Act 2009. :wink:

Apparently, attempting to shove one's subjective moral values down the throats of other adults is somehow still acceptable in Scotland, however.

"'The nature of the business leads inevitably to the objectifying of human beings working in the club as sex objects.'"

My, oh my - God-botherers are jumping on the 'ob-jec-ti-fi-cat-ion' bandwagon now! :lol:

"'There are also increasing numbers of families with young children living in close proximity to the premises and we would argue that such premises are inappropriate for a family residential area.'"

The 'inappropriate location' cliche / excuse - well, who'da thunk it?! :wink:
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Victor23 wrote:“The areas around lapdancing clubs have higher numbers of reported rapes, are hotspots for men soliciting prostitution, and are likely to produce large groups of men who are drunk, sexually stimulated and more likely to engage in sexually threatening behaviour.”
Claims based on doctored data, which were debunked decisively back in 2012:

http://strippingtheillusion.blogspot.co ... ilith.html