"Lapdancing and stripping are acts of violence"

Strip pubs and clubs in the Central belt
TonyN
Dearly departed

"Lapdancing and stripping are acts of violence"

Post by TonyN »

So got my daily google alerts and saw a link to a Times Paywall Lapdancing and stripping are acts of violence, Scottish government says. You can register and get two free articles a week. To link it now would cost me my second article this week so guess you better google if you want it.

Reading it i felt like I was rereading Bindel's work for Glasgow. Certainly there are hints that what has be put down in the past has come back to haunt owners of bars. There being no grandfather rights if it is decided that the SEV policy is nil and the stigma/value of the term lapdancing coming back to make life more difficult for club owners.

I have always felt clubs like the term lapdancing as it is far more enticing than air dance or 3ft dance. But the same applies to the antis who have visions of grinding as part of what goes on.
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: Lapdancing and stripping are acts of violence

Post by pleasure_seeker »

Article on same topic in the Scottish Sun
TonyN
Dearly departed

Re: Lapdancing and stripping are acts of violence

Post by TonyN »

Thanks, think I better add a couple of new searches on my google.

On a serious note they are clueless about violence and I believe they will use the Glasgow "research" as the reason behind their beliefs even though they had the paper peer reviewed.