Post by pleasure_seeker »

16 Home Street
Edinburgh
EH3 9LY
Victor23
Top Dog

Re: **EH3 9LY Liquorice Club, Edinburgh

Post by Victor23 »

Presumably you've been past the premises and seen that the club is still open? I can't find a website, the last Facebook entry is dated June 13, 2013 and it was up for sale later that year.

Scotsman article
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Re: **EH3 9LY Liquorice Club, Edinburgh

Fair point Victor. I hesitated before posting for similar reasons to the ones you list.

I was in the area briefly recently – but this was daytime so wasn’t able to confirm for sure that it is operating.

What we know is that four years on from that newspaper article it definitely hasn’t been re-developed into housing, the club signage is there and the windows are blacked out in a way that suggests a lapdance establishment. Google suggests it is operating Fri and Sat evenings.

On the other hand, as you say, there is an odd lack of activity on twitter, Facebook etc.

So maybe needs a question mark about its current status pending further information.
Scallywag

Re: ?? EH3 9LY Liquorice Club, Edinburgh

Post by Scallywag »

I don't know specifically about this venue, though when I was in Edinburgh last month a dancer I was speaking to told me the authorities had tried in recent years to close down the strip venues (sounds familiar)
pleasure_seeker

At one time, say a decade ago, there were 7 or 8 venues in Edinburgh. Now there are at worst only 4 left – the three points of the ‘pubic triangle’ plus Fantasy Palace – and at best 5 if this venue is still operating as well. How far the decline is the result of recession and how far it reflects greater stringency of licensing is debateable.
pleasure_seeker

I was back in Edinburgh earlier this month and confirmed that this place has closed down.

- It was padlocked and no sign of any activity when I passed by on a Saturday night.

- Later a dancer I was chatting to in the B & H mentioned that she used to work there 2 or 3 years ago but that it had since closed.

- It is also now listed as permanently closed on Google.