XX CLOSED CH1 4EE Bull and Stirrup, Chester

Closed strip pubs and clubs north of the Watford Gap.
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED CH1 4EE Bull and Stirrup, Chester

Post by zante »

Chester
Bull and Stirrup
I could possible describe this venue as my most local strip pub - as mentioned, the North West is seriously lacking in strip pubs, so an actual visit the Bull and Stirrup was eagerly anticipated. Here''s my review.

The Bull and Stirrup pub is located just off the Northern stretch of the Chester city ring road on 'Upper Northgate Road (or Street)'. It's got a local Pay and Display parking area and has its own parking area for about ten or fifteen cars. It is basically a normal pub on the first floor, but I have to say the strip pub area is unique in comparison to any other strip pub I have encountered. In essence it is more than a 'strip pub' but not quite a 'strip club'; I would liken it to one of Ulrika's private parties. The upstairs function room has been converted to a strip venue, complete with DJ stage, brass pole, cushions on the floor for allowing the dancers to sexily recline in the centre of the room, and two comfy chairs for when you buy a private dance.

It is £10 admission - you get given your first 'Dollar' when you pay - then you go upstairs, I think I picked quite a bad night (possibly a Premier football night) as the room was very quiet, but I prefer that especially when on a reconnaissance mission - it gives me more chance to talk to people and get more information about the place.

There were two girls performing that night, but there are usually four - they were very nice, but the one that caught my eye was tall with dark shoulder length straight hair and a nice black vinyl dress (what is it with black leather and vinyl?), and I spent my dollar on her. She was a very good dancer, dancing very slowly and closely, but the no touching rule is very heavily enforced; you have to drape both hands over the arms of the chairs and there is also a scary looking bouncer on duty (a nice enough guy to speak to, but if you piss him off be prepared to be folded in half a couple of times before getting your arse kicked out the door - but he is only there to protect the dancers).

After you have exhausted your Dollar you have to go back downstairs and buy a new dollar from the reception, you don't directly give your fiver to the dancers. You also have to buy your drinks downstairs and bring them up to the room. The dances themselves are topless, only but that's only because of local licensing, but that might change in the future. I spoke to the owners and they said they will be adding Friday nights during the pre-Christmas run-up.

In general quite a nice place, although my only criticism was the lighting in the room - when you sit down and the dancer is performing a shadow gets cast over the front of the dancer and is difficult to see any detail. What they need is a small spotlight behind the chair to give a better view. As for that bastard ultraviolet light, a word of warning: 'do not wear dark clothes' as the UV light shows off your washing powder like a bad dose of dandruff, and one of the chairs is under that UV light.

During my visit I heard a little rumour that 'Trisha' (that early morning discussion show) is doing a episode on strippers, more details as and when confirmed.

[Liam S, 4th November 2000]
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Re: Bull and Stirrup, Chester

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »