All times are UTC

Bournemouth SEV consultation
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:39 pm 
Anatomy student

Idiot suggestion

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14181722.We_need_a_sex_industrial_estate__lap_dancing_clubs_could_be_banned_from_Bournemouth/

Re: Bournemouth industrial estate?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:28 pm 
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

I wonder if they will copy other consultations? If it is a carbon copy of Leeds maybe a concerted effort to get people to stand up to the council?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:18 am 
Top Dog

From the BBC report on the meeting:

'Councillor Andrew Morgan said at a meeting: "Is there anywhere else we think would be suitable? Some sort of industrial estate out of town? There are no plans to move lap dancing clubs to an industrial estate, but that's one option."'

This suggestion might have been made slightly flippantly. One might also infer that clubs would still be tolerated elsewhere should they be banned from the town centre.

It's a while since I've been to Bournemouth, but I recall walking down from the station past one club that was in a detached house with just a name-board outside and no other indication that it was a dancing venue. (I can't recall which club it was.) One or two of the others seem to have a more visible "presence" that might be toned down to avoid awkward questions from children. (I myself don't like the FCUK brand being displayed prominently in shop windows.)

If people are offended by the idea of nudity indoors, what do they make of the public "topless" displays on the resort's beaches? I have happy memories of noticing one young lady wearing only a bikini bottom using one of the showers on the esplanade; the sight compared very well with some stage shows.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:35 pm 
Anatomy student

There is a link to the meeting of 15/12/15 on the Echo article. The estate thing was actually flippant, but the tone of the meeting was about case law and whether a nil policy could be defended.

Someone (the chairman I think) states that this is about "image" and has nothing to do with crime and disorder, which he admitted the clubs don't cause.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:33 pm 
"Nice Arse!"

This is Tony N's take on the situation in Bournemouth, written for the Stripping The Illusion blog:

Bournemouth No Moral Judgement (of course) (Stripping The Illusion, 10/01/16)

Bournemouth is going to run a consultation on SEVs shortly - watch this space for details!

Re: Bournemouth SEV consultation
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:11 pm 
Anatomy student

Looking at this, they seem to be saying the current locations are OK.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14649384.Sex_shops_and_lapdancing_clubs_could_be_capped/

Council document

http://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/CouncilDemocratic/CouncilMeetings/CommitteeMeetings/LicensingBoard/2016/04/28/Reports/report-8-review-of-sex-establishment-policy-and-regulations.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:24 pm 
Anatomy student

Consultation runs to 30 Sept

http://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/CouncilDemocratic/GetInvolvedHaveyoursay/ConsultationTracker/Consultations/sex-establishments-licensing-policy-review.aspx

Not sure what to make of this. Seems to be geared towards either rubber stamping the Council's policy or supporting even more restrictive policy. The way the questions are worded means that disagreeing with the policy implies you want a more restrictive policy.

Perhaps I'm reading it wrong but it doesn't seem an entirely fair way to ask the questions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:21 pm 
Top Dog

"The Licensee shall establish a written protocol for the treatment and welfare of vulnerable people when they attend the premises. Vulnerable people are to include those whose mental capacity is or appears reasonably to be impaired."

Does this cover temporary impairment due to too much alcohol?

In pubs I've noticed several customers with physical infirmities and permanent mental impairments, and it's always seemed to me that the dancers treat them with great sympathy and - hopefully - honesty. There are some very fine, decent girls working in the industry.

"Performers may not accept any telephone number, email address, address or contact information from any customer, except in the form of a business card, which must be surrendered to the Licensee or their representative before leaving the premises."

So why (looking at it from the council's viewpoint) would someone give a dancer a business card. ("I can quote you real cheap for a new carpet, luv.") And why does it have to surrendered later on - after plenty of time for a number to be memorised or jotted down?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:35 pm 
"Nice Arse!"

Victor23 wrote:
So why (looking at it from the council's viewpoint) would someone give a dancer a business card. ("I can quote you real cheap for a new carpet, luv.") And why does it have to surrendered later on - after plenty of time for a number to be memorised or jotted down?

I think it's what's technically known as arse-covering! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:01 pm 
Anatomy student

Three clubs to be allowed so no change

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14927771.Council_votes_to_make_NO_changes_to_sex_establishment_regulations_after_public_consultation/